Author Topic: Therion-related reading  (Read 57354 times)

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
Re: Therion-related reading
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2007, 07:30:28 pm »
:drunk: I´m starting to read somethings about Qliphoth and well, very interesting things about mithra, from masonry works... very nice indeed

It would be nice if you tell us the source :D

yo yo yawn :D
Scripta Manet

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2007, 12:23:12 pm »
In the Therion community of last.fm it was posted the following link, as a book which can help to understand the esoteric meaning of Therion. I only have briefly entered there, and only think I can say is that there's the whole book. I don't know if this is a good reading or just crap, so I leave it to you to decide. I am not very interested in this matter (yes, a Therion fan who is not really interested in occult... I'm weird, am I not?  :whistle: ).

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biggestsecret/matrix/matrix.htm#Contents

If anyone reads or, at least, skims it, please tell us your opinion. Thanks!  :biggrin:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Hypnox

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2007, 02:28:07 pm »
When I read the sentence saying "the world is controlled today by the reptilian shapeshifters and their bloodlines" I simply lost interest for further reading. :wacko:
I know I'm going to hell, and I'm bringing marshmallows.

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2007, 09:36:04 pm »
In the Therion community of last.fm it was posted the following link, as a book which can help to understand the esoteric meaning of Therion.
Whoever suggested that book as a reliable source to understand anything related with esoteric or hiden subjects (especially Therion lyrics) must be executed without a trial :ninja: .
My g.f. and I tried to read that thing two or three years ago and it is total crap. And by crap I mean Crap!. It is so bad, that we actually spended a whole night making jokes about its content.

Anyway, the only thing that worries me is that the author managed to be interviewed in different 'serious' documentaries, including one for the Discovery Channel. May be he is one of those reptilians and he is the one trying to take over the world :afaid: .

Edit: Some news concerning the book in question: After discussing the matter thorougly with my g.f., we have reached the conclussion that we actually do recomend the reading of that book...

...but only if you want to have a good laugh. If you want to understand the hiden meanings of Therion lyrics, you better stick to something else :ninja: .
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:00:02 am by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Ignacio

• www.shusho.com.ar
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2011, 10:34:55 pm »
Hi, ladys and gentlemans...

Thanks to all who posted in this interesting topic, have already took notes for some material I would like to look for...

As some of you, I also like Herman Hesse works. Especially Demian and Siddhartha (have you read Siddhartha? I absolutely recommend doing it!).

On the other hand (or the same one), there's an old book that I think can be an interesting addition to the Therion-related-reading list. Its called  The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion by Sir James George Frazer. I know this book can be donwload from the internet and there also many translations. Personally, cant really stand readin a book on a screen, so I've been trying to -unsuccessfully- put my hands on a paper version for some time now. But I dont lose hope I will, someday (or maybe I should just print it)... Anyway, does anyone knows this book?

Thanks!
Always in zugzuan.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2011, 09:15:01 am »
Hello Ignacio!

Thank You for suggesting this book! I did not know about it and as I study (try to study at least) religious studies this might be very good add to it :-) I checked it at Czech wikipedia and it looks interesting to me. I also found out it was translated and released in Czech. I guess I will search for it in the library then ;-)
But then again, who does.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2011, 09:51:52 am »
Hasn't HPL mentioned the "Golden Bough" a couple of times? It surely does appear in "The Little Rare Book Room" by the HPL Historic Society. As far as I remember it searches for parallels between different mythologies and religions.

Can't you get a copy on Amazon?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Ignacio

• www.shusho.com.ar
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2011, 03:28:26 pm »
Thanks Markus, I should give a try in Amazon...  But, I have just found a some offers in my local ebay that I'm seriously evaluating.

@Deleen: I also found that there is an edited version called The New Golden Bough with notes and foreward by Theodor H. Gaster.
Always in zugzuan.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2011, 03:01:18 pm »
If You got Demonoid account, You can find there some nice reading about magic(k) :-) Even some Karlsson's books.
But then again, who does.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2011, 12:36:14 am »
So, Ignacio, did you get a copy?

And then the Golden Bough - my brain had gone numb
I read them all out loud - well that was quite dumb, terribly dumb, fatally dumb
Freed the Great Old Ones - mankind will succumb
What have I done?

:lol3:

Kris, do you mean "Demonoid account" as in "Therion spin-off forum?"

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Ignacio

• www.shusho.com.ar
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2011, 03:53:21 pm »
Not yet Markus, have to wait until the credit card cool down a little  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENSd9QTfaU
Always in zugzuan.

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2013, 01:58:04 pm »
Have anyone read anything of Anthony Peake?
His books:     

Is There Life After Death? The Extraordinary Science Of What Happens When We Die (2006)
The Daemon: A Guide To Your Extraordinary Secret Self (2008)
The Out-of-Body Experience: The History and Science of Astral Travel (2011)
The Labyrinth of Time: Revealing the True Nature of Reality (2012)

He was guest in one Croatian TV show "At the edge of science" I think he is very very interesting, the way he talks, whether you agree with him or not.