Author Topic: Therion-related reading  (Read 57339 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Re: Therion-related reading
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 10:53:58 pm »
Hi Kmukamtch!

Some day I want to read the two Alice books... I ever had the curiosity to read them, but I haven't done it yet. About the Zaratustra... I'd like too, but I need to be in the mood for it  :lol3:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Thagirion

• The Dragon... Rise!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2007, 08:37:59 pm »
Well, <Therion related, some things about lemurs, atlantic myths and well, of course, hermetic phillosophy, i red zarathustra and so much things of plato...

I also take a look to the egyptian reading, you know, about seth, Osiris, Iris, Horus, etc... Now i´m reading about kabbalah, you know, the 72 names of god, and, well, some kundalini and gnostiscism too...

To be honest,  there are many things related to therion music...   

The name of the books:

The Kybalion... This is complete hermetic wisdom, a basic book to understand many things about duality.

The number 3, The begining of magic

Mystic Kabbalah  All the "most know" of the kabbalah, and some of the judish letters...

I will put more soon, cheers everybody!!
I´m a Dragon, A Red One, i´m the light, i´m one of you, and i want to know...
THE DRAGON RISE!!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007, 07:57:47 pm »
Okey, about the reading... Next week I was in our library and made a big "thievery" for summer holidays - because it's unique chance to have book for longer time and so on. LOOKING FORWARD for the treasure I have stolen :D

I often have problem to get some literature which I want, becuase this land is in this case really fucked up. Indeed we have a lot of libraries and bookshops, but finally there's nothing better than Harry Potter and some retarded books for upset and tearful girls... But maybe is CZ going to be on the better way  because today I found at some bookshop's websites  Kabbalah, Qliphoth und die Goetische Magie by Thomas K.
And now the biggest problem  :D Should I buy it in German or Swedish version? Because I am not sure in which language I will be able to manage the reading (understanding)

- but back to library books. I have borrowed books like: Plato: Faidon; R. Descartes: Meditations on First Philosophy; Zarathustra; J. Amos Komensky; some Crowley's works and lot of books about the Rosicrucians.
First I'm going to read Die Gold - und Rosenkreuzer by A. Marx. It looks like interesting reading... another funny thing is, that no one of my family - especially my father - cannot see me reading this kind of literature because our family is bloody stupid Christian and every dissimilarities are considered as the most heaviest sin!  :ninja:  - It almost seems like I will have to read it in the night under the quilt with flashlight  :lol3: when the house is fallen asleep.

(And excuse me please for the "family" and "publishing stories" but I needed to shout it out somewhere... )
But then again, who does.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2007, 08:28:00 pm »
First of all, I’d like to tell you two things. :)

1. I love the Harry Potter books, and one of my greatest wishes was to study at Hogwarts... though I think I’m too old to do that. :lol:

2. Some of my best friends are Christian, and every time I had problems with Christians it wasn’t for their religion.

About the decision between German and Swedish: you have to know which language would be easier to understand for you. How long have you been studying them, have you ever read something serious in that language, or simply which one would you like better. I don’t know Swedish at all, but right now I’m reading a German book and though I’m suffering badly, ;) I feel like improving and I enjoy that a lot. :)

Congrats to your library finds. :thumbup: I really think you will find a way to read them in peace, for example with this nice wheather I would go to a city park, just sit down under a big tree and read, read, read... well, I don’t have time to do that. But I really would like that.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2007, 08:41:01 pm »
I didn't want to hurt someone   :bow: I just wanted to tell, that  except bestsellers Here's hard to find something good to read. :)

And about the Christian - I also know some pleasant people (one of them is priest) - but our family is not the ideal one :)

I am learning both - German and Swedish but I feel like a beginner in it  :D

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2007, 08:48:12 pm »
You didn't hurt anybody. :) You know I understand you perfectly.

Well, I think the books that worth reading are really hard to find everywhere, this makes them so precious.

Now that I have been thinking again, maybe you should choose the Swedish one - I would prefer the original than the translation. :)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2007, 08:54:41 pm »
Jo :) I think You're right. I should buy the Swedish one and maybe then the German either - to compare it and to improve my weak knowledge  of German language :)

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2007, 08:58:32 pm »
Jo :)

This is sweet from you! Gives a handful of chocolate cookies to Praha (Don't let Aluqak know about it... :unsure:)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2007, 09:01:19 pm »
In any circumstances I will not tell him!  ;D

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2007, 09:02:55 pm »
That's the spirit. :lol3:

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2007, 09:44:43 pm »
I have borrowed books like: Plato: Faidon; R. Descartes: Meditations on First Philosophy
Wow!... You are among the rare persons I know who borrow Plato or Descartes from a library.... and just for fun! :bow:
I used to do that some years ago, but now my brain gets so consumed by my job that I have to read something lighter when I have some time to spare.

(Don't let Aluqak know about it... :unsure:)
Too late!... the Anglerfish is everywhere :ninja:

*Eats the all the good books and leaves only the cheap and poorly translated bestsellers ....  :unsure: ... Oh yes!... and eats all the cookies too!*
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:50:13 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 04:57:45 am »
Hey Praha,

I would really start with the Swedish edition if I knew both languages equally well. Thomas has written it in Swedish, if I'm not mistaken, and reading the original seems to be a good reason. :) Nice book, by the way, on an almost academical level.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2007, 12:38:44 pm »
Can I have question? Does someone know a writer called Jozef Karika?

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2007, 02:44:49 pm »
Never heard of him, Praha. What does he write?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2007, 09:32:22 pm »
He is from Slovakia... (websites: http://www.karika.sk/)
As I know, he wrote about two/three books. I know just "Slav necromancy" and "Zone of shade" but I'm afraid they haven't been translated to another language except Czech...  He also work with Chaos International...In the second book he is writing about Kliffoth and so on...

I was just curious if someone know him.

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2007, 12:28:21 am »

Actually he has been said to write on the same line Lovecraft do, and yet yoiu can find many silitudes in demos they both talk about.

yo yo yo :)
Scripta Manet

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2007, 08:37:10 pm »
For anyone who is interested in Nordic Mithology and speak spanish i really recomend this book:

"El destino de los dioses - Interpretación de la mitología nórdica" de Patxi Lanceros Editorial Trotta

6 6 6

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2007, 05:05:53 pm »
Reading a book by Gustav Meyrink. It is called the "Alchemist's House". Including tales like Clockworker, Mysterious City, City with inner heartbeat, Hashish and lucidity, Magic in abyssal sleep, Tantric yoga and so on...

I love the way how he write... the tales are fantastic and get you to wonder about life, life values, and of course also things such a lucidity, dreaming, occultism and so on (:
I always wanted to read  "The Golem" but nowadays is the book sold out. I'll buy as soon as it will be possible. "Walpurgis Night" and "Angel Of The West Window" too...

I can only recomend Gustav Meyrink works...  :wink2:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2007, 11:25:07 pm »
Hi there,

right now I'm reading "Im Kraftstrom des Satan - Set" ("In the Current of Satan - Set") by Frater Eremor, a German author. This book hasn't been translated to English yet as far as I know, but it's highly Therion-related. It's an introduction to Sethianism, and especially on "Theli" you can find very obvious traces of this philosophy. Eremor even quotes a part of the lyrics of "In the Desert of Set". If this book is not Therion-related, then none is. :lol3:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Thagirion

• The Dragon... Rise!!!
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2007, 08:20:28 pm »
 :drunk: I´m starting to read somethings about Qliphoth and well, very interesting things about mithra, from masonry works... very nice indeed
I´m a Dragon, A Red One, i´m the light, i´m one of you, and i want to know...
THE DRAGON RISE!!