Author Topic: Therion-related reading  (Read 57344 times)

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
Therion-related reading
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 06:55:07 pm »

OK, then. Just asking, Luth.

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Therion-related reading
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 06:56:23 pm »
50 miles is a long way.
[snapback]7071[/snapback]

Not for a good book. :D
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Therion-related reading
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 07:21:38 pm »
50 miles is a long way.
[snapback]7071[/snapback]

meters   <_<
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Therion-related reading
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 01:34:26 am »
say, Eresh, how did you like Lovecraft?
[snapback]7063[/snapback]

heya Markus I love it :D!

H.P. Lovecraft is a must. I used to like Poe, but I think Lovecraft kicks his butt. If you read some of his stories you can tell that lots of them were inspired in the occult, for example "The Call of Cthulhu". So far the stories I have read show a very mature way of presenting horror tales, which is what I like so much.

If you like Therion you must read this guy, seriously!

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Therion-related reading
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 01:45:18 pm »
Chapter 7 in Demian :)

Can't take my eyes away from it but I must go to work :(

Seems I am about to finish it  :bawling:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Therion-related reading
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 06:17:13 pm »
Chapter 7 in Demian :)

Can't take my eyes away from it but I must go to work :(

Seems I am about to finish it  :bawling:
[snapback]7090[/snapback]

I've finished chapter 5. I'd like to read it, but I have no time  :bawling:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Therion-related reading
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006, 10:21:33 pm »
Done. Demian read! I won't comment it until Eresh will say she'd finished it too.

An incredibly interessant book, I have to say; I couldn't keep eyes away of it in the last pages. Not a plain book, but it needs an interpretation, to think about it. Abraxas, some thoughts related to esoterics, to magics, to the power of humanity and every man or woman as an individual, to dreams... really very Therion related  :evil:

Eresh: READ IT AND FINISH THE BOOK!!!!  :angry:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 11:06:07 pm by Luthien »

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Therion-related reading
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 09:29:12 pm »
Hi folks,

the latest book I devoured is "Kelwitts Stern" by Andreas Eschbach. I read the book in German, and the title translates as "Kelwitt's Star".

This book has it all: A walking teenage dolphin from outer space, speaking with a Swabian accent. A paranoid intelligence agent who finally does find something. An official study considering the effects of supersonic radish seeds on jet fighters. Weird alien sex. It's all in there! And strange as it may sound: Everything Eschbach describes here seems totally plausible. Assuming that ETs exist and that interstellar space travel is possible, this book is absolutely realistic!

Eschbach might well be the best science-fiction author alive. He's a great story-teller who captivates you and won't let you go before the last page. Another of his strengths is to view very common things from uncommon angles. In "Kelwitts Stern" he shows you your own every-day surroundings through the eyes of a space alien.

This book is enthralling, dead funny and even profound. It's such a great book that I just had to present it to you. I was about to open a thread for non-Therion-related reading in the Voids, but then the book took such a deeply Gnostic turn that I can point to "Voyage of Gurdijeff" and say: These two share a basic idea.

I don't know whether translations of this book are available. But if so, try to get a copy, and otherwise learn German!

Cheers!

Markus
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 10:26:06 pm by Markus »
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Krome

• http://
Therion-related reading
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 06:10:07 am »
A walking dolphin from outer space? :o
that reminds me of the Dogon definition of the Nommo.
Acording to the Dogon tribe, the Nommo were amphibious beings sent to Earth from the Sirius Star system (Sirius B = Po Tolo) for the benefit of humankind. Almost like the Sumerian Anunnaki.

if you want to find more about this here's a link.

The Dogon Tribe & The Nommo

I also recommend Aleister Crowley's "Magick in Theory and Practise", there's a lot of Therion stuff in there (Therion, Babalon & The Beast, Typhon, To Meta Ohpion, etc...)
For those who are interested in this book here it is:
Magick in Theory & Practise

Cheers!

Krome

"Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness" - Jung -

Ho Drakon Ho Megas!

Offline blake

Therion-related reading
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 02:34:02 pm »
Well I get into the work of Swedberg (Swedenborg) due to Therions cool "dreams of swedenborg".
He was a very very interesting man and did a lot of great work

A walking dolphin from outer space? :o
that reminds me of the Dogon definition of the Nommo.
Acording to the Dogon tribe, the Nommo were amphibious beings sent to Earth from the Sirius Star system (Sirius B = Po Tolo) for the benefit of humankind. Almost like the Sumerian Anunnaki.

if you want to find more about this here's a link.

The Dogon Tribe & The Nommo
I also recommend Aleister Crowley's "Magick in Theory and Practise", there's a lot of Therion stuff in there (Therion, Babalon & The Beast, Typhon, To Meta Ohpion, etc...)
For those who are interested in this book here it is:
Magick in Theory & Practise
Cheers!
Krome
[snapback]7425[/snapback]

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Therion-related reading
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006, 08:46:48 pm »
Ey Blake, good to read you again here!  :w00t:

Changing the subject... now I'm reading "Siddharta", from Hermann Hesse (40 pages and I finish it); it's not Therion related, but now I can understand a bit better "Demian". I recommend it a lot!!

When I'll finish it I'll tell more  :ph34r:

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
Therion-related reading
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2006, 07:58:19 am »
I wonder... have you ever read Umberto Eco's The pendulum of Foucault? (I don't know the English title) It's the last book I've finished and it's about the templars (I hope the name is right and you understand me). It's like the Dragon Rouge, and the book is full of names and things that are present in Therion lyrics, too. It's a little hard to read, but I couldn't put it down.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Re: Therion-related reading
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 12:43:55 pm »
I've recently readen The Third Eye, Lobsang Rampa.

It's supposed it's written by a Tibetan lama who had to travel out of his territory, although I've read that perhaps it's not true, and the writer is an occidental guy. When I'll recover internet at home I'll study this matter more carefully, but even so... whoever the author is, I think this book can be very interessant for people interested in the power of the mind and meditation. Perhaps I'll talk more about this book... when I wouldn't have to take care my boss is not spying me!  :ninja:  :lol3:

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2007, 07:13:10 pm »
Hey Luthy!
Thanks for bringing Rampa out! I've read a couple of his books some....12? years ago and I barely remember something. I think the guy was European... English or something, and then he migrated to Tibet where he became a Lama. If i remember well, he does give a few good clues about meditation and the road to wisdom. However' I'll have to give another read to those books to tell you more.

Cheers :thumbup:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2007, 09:16:44 am »
I asked my dance teacher and she lent me this book. I'm reading it right now, and I'm looking forward to talk about it with you. :wink2:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007, 06:50:21 pm »
Right now I'm reading this:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/World_s_End_Mark_Chadbourn__5096317

I'm reading it because it's one of the books I must review (I'm a professional reader, for those who still don't know it). It talks about ancient gods (and monsters) coming back to the 21st century London. It's a fantasy/horror (more fantasy, in fact) placed in nowadays. Well... what does it has to do with Therion? That today I've read that someone wants to come to chase poor humans: The Wild Hunt. Besides it's one of my fav songs, now I will know something more about it... although I suppose very few of the readen will come from real tradition  :lol3:

Well, whatever it will be, now I'm more keen to read the novel. I'll tell you what I think of it... when I'll have the following 350 pages readen! (out of 555  :afaid: ).

Offline Elena

• Princess Dream Weaver
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • nemesis corner
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 09:00:45 pm »
Hm, may be a bit off but... what about Anne Bishops "The black jewels" Trilogy? (does anyone know?)
greetings :)
Life it what happens while you wait for your dreams
Joy and beauty dance where open eyes meet
Fortune does not mean to have the best of everything, but to make of everything the best
She loves him more than he would ever now, he loves her more than he would ever show

Never ever victim

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2007, 12:30:41 pm »
I'm reading it because it's one of the books I must review (I'm a professional reader, for those who still don't know it). It talks about ancient gods (and monsters) coming back to the 21st century London. It's a fantasy/horror (more fantasy, in fact) placed in nowadays.
Reminds me of Gaiman's American Gods.

Reminds me of *Gaiman*.
Can't stop the signal.

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2007, 04:16:37 pm »

Try it, you wont regret it!

http://www.andreaseschbach.de/

yo yo yo :)
Scripta Manet

Offline Kmukamtch

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 08:07:25 pm »
there is two books with a lot of hidden content that are a must, but you really need to be very open minded and read between lines to fully understand. the books are "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"  and "Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There". they are labeled as childrens book, but they are very deep.
others "must": "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Friedrich Nietzsche; and some of Aleister Crowley`s works: "Book of the Law" (Liber Legis), "Book of Lies" and "The Sword of Songs".