Author Topic: Therion concert 101?  (Read 7438 times)

Offline Hatecraft

Therion concert 101?
« on: January 26, 2013, 06:58:34 pm »
Hello. I'm happy to say that Therion are coming to my country for the first time in 15 years! (I'm 20 now and I guess I didn't listen to Therion when I was 5 :P)

Fact is, I don't want to miss a thing, so here's a few questions to the veterans:

- Are there usually autograph sessions after every concert?

- Does the band usually hang out with fans after concerts? I've seen a few videos of that happening on youtube.

- What tour (or concert series at least) will this concert belong to? It's on April 27th so, will it be a Fleurs du Mal promotional concert? Or will they play a more general setlist?

- What's that moment you cannot miss in a Therion concert? Except obvious things like crying out loud the chorus in To Mega Therion, of course :P

Any other things I might like to know? Thanks for your time ^^
The satisfaction of a moment is the bane of the next.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
Re: Therion concert 101?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »
IMO it's a single show. Usually at least one bandmember comes to fans, but it also depends on the local promoter, venue regulations.. maybe there will be a special signing session organised by the local promoter, follow his/her page then. If it will be a single show, the setlist depends mostly on Chris and the line up, who will sing.. It may happen that Chris will say *hey,it's a single show,let's play sth special for fans.. Like sth from LK or other song from LFdM.. The tracklist will be a surprise for you..

Like we had in Płock in 2008 - Magnus Barthelsson playing guitar :D 

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:03:26 am »
Ia Ia Hatecraft,

lucky you! :biggrin:

Signing sessions aren't done regularly but you may be lucky. However, I managed to get a short talk and a couple of autographs at each Therion show I went to.

Yeah, be prepared to sing the chorus of "Mega Therion", of course. But also be prepared to sing along with riffs or instrumental lines! They love to do that on the intro of "Son of the Sun", for instance, but also on many other occasions.

Apart from that? Just enjoy the show and don't forget to tell us all about it afterwards!

Cheers!

Markus

Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:33:20 am »
Indeed.. I love Son of the Sun just because of th Oooooooooooo Ooooooooooooooooooooo Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;)

And also be ready for Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah - It always reminds me Therion & The Towelheads ;) - anybody has this video in avi? It used to be on youtube (but now it is removed) - I know it's on Celebrators, but maybe someone has it on PC? :)

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 01:21:31 am »
Hi;

A meet & greet/signing session is announced by promoters, but is limited for the first "X" ticket buyers.
The last news i´d read said that only were 43 tickets with meet & greet included, two days ago.
Today i bought the tickets for the show and the meet & greet was included, so Hatecraft, if you don´t have your ticket yet, be quick!

About the show, it´ll be a single gig, but i think the first song could be "Poupee de cire...", and i bet that in the set list will be, "Lemuria", "Rise of sodom and gomorrah" and, obviously, "To mega therion".
The band is leading the festival, so maybe they´ll play 1:30 / 2 hours.

Countdown... :wicking:
Me pica la medusaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 01:39:40 pm »
- Does the band usually hang out with fans after concerts? I've seen a few videos of that happening on youtube.

Usually, they always talk to fans after concerts but festivals are something different so I don't know, depends about amount of people and organizers  I guess.

- What tour (or concert series at least) will this concert belong to? It's on April 27th so, will it be a Fleurs du Mal promotional concert? Or will they play a more general setlist?

Last tour - Flowers of Evil had only 3 songs from Les Fleurs du Mal. They will surely play some more traditional Therion songs cause it's festival but I would also expect some less famous ones.

Any other things I might like to know? Thanks for your time ^^

If you get a chance to talk to the band don't be a fan boy, you can talk to them normally, they are good people.  :)