Author Topic: Deutsch Killer nº1  (Read 85003 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Re: Deutsch Killer nº1
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:35 pm »
Each class the teacher starts it asking us to say something... something that happened to us, something we plan to do... If I had prepared something at home, I can still say somthing with sense. If not, I only babble and say... well... I babble  :nosweat:

Yesterday I had the time to prepare something, and I spent some time in my "exposition". The surprise came today when the teacher has only corrected me one thing of all the text!!! I imagine something could be half wrong or not natural at all, but I'm happy... So happy I'll torture you a little writting it specially for you!!! Enjoy!!!  :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

"Dieses Wochenende, die "Trobada Gegantera" ist in Calella gewesen. Vier hundert übergrosse Figuren sind durch strassen von Calella spaziere gegangen.
Am Samstag, bin ich mit meinem Fotoapparat zu dem Strand gegangem. Vier übergrosse Figuren, die zwei aus Calella und die zwei aus Sant Celoni, haben in Meer gebadet!"

The only word I had been corrected for was a stupìd error: I said "ist ich" instead of "bin ich"... stupid stupid error  :cht2:

Perhaps a photo can help you to understand what I said, as it's an event that happened in my city, and very hard to understand if not with any photo... Here you have the picture I took in the beach!!

Btw... Don't ask me how long it took me to prepare this little text. Don't.  :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2013, 07:04:42 pm »
Oh böseste Königin,

die Fotos sind beeindruckend und Deine Beschreibung ist richtig gut! :thumbup:

Wie lange hast Du dafür gebraucht? :ninja:

Beste Grüße

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2013, 07:39:04 pm »
I told you NOT to ask for it!!  :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I didn't use the chronometre... but I guess like 30 minutes, more or less...  :afaid:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2013, 07:56:57 pm »
Aber ich meinte natürlich das Foto!

Aber im Ernst: Der Text ist Dir wirklich gut gelungen. :thumbup:

Beste Grüße

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2013, 08:33:34 pm »
Thanks! After the hard work, I managed to only commit one (really bad  :lol3: ) mistake.

I suppose for native speakers it might be hard to imagine what is for a learner to try a correct text... it's like a puzzle!! When I did Latin, back at Highschool, I thought it was like a puzzle, because there are cases, and you had to know what case was every element and then put it all together according to that. I was mistaken... Latin was easy!! Try German!! Really, it's a pain in the ass:

For a simple sentence you have to know the genre of the noun; then, know what function it has to use Nominative, Acusative or Dative (not Genitive for us yet). If you doubt between Accusative and Dative you think about the function, right... and when you know it, then you realize there's a preposition there!! Ok, look out what case follows that preposition... ok, I already know. But... what was the genre? I've already forgotten!! Ok, I already know the genre and the case, that's good, I have a lot! A lot? No!! I want to use the Past Perfect, but I don't know what form that verb takes... Ok, I've looked for it and I already know. Now, what type of verb is it? Separable or not? Ok, I already know... ARG! It's reflexive!! (just studied those!  :ninja:). Where have I to put the "dich"? Or is it "dir"? Ok, ok, I already know! Now it's all easy: put the subject and the verb where they belong, don't forget to change the order if there's an adverb first ("Heute habe ich", not "Heute ich habe"), put any adjective or adverb needed, don't forget any article (was it masculine, feminine or neutral?) and the correct case, and... voilà!!!

Easy as making an omelette!!!  :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:35:19 pm by Luth »

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2013, 08:48:34 pm »
:roll:

Look Luthy, how many things have you learnt already! :wOOt:
Those figures look great! Do they have a name, and do they represent real persons?

Markus: isn't Ernst a name? Or I didn't get something? :unsure:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10:49 pm »
Hi Lucy!

Those figures have a name: for the Calella ones, Quirze (male) and Minerva (female  :lol3:). But they don't represent anybody in particular... almost every city or village in Catalonia have a pair of giants (and other figures like "bigheads" and "little giants"), and they usually represent the people of the place in some way. For instance, if in the city is formed by a lot of workers, the giand may represent somebody in working costume. Usually they wear an antique costume, like nobility some centuries ago... althought there's a lot variety. In another very-touristic city (Lloret), for instance, the she-giant is a blond, sung-glassed tourist  :nana:

The past weekend in Calella was the annual meeting (every year one different city), and more or less 400 giants were gathered: not all, but a good representation!! There were even 4 from Costa Rica (yes, Catalonia is not the only one having this kind of giants  :cht: ). It was very nice and we could see a lot of different giants and figures... If I can, another day, I'll make a post about this tradition (in fact, I can create a thread about our national or local traditions!! What a good idea!!  :wOOt: :wOOt: :wOOt:). But not today, for sure...

Btw... I didn't know about German "Ernst", but there's an English word for it too: Earnest. Not a very usual word, but there is a work by Oscar Wilde which plays with that name: The Importance of Being Earnest. That's how I knew about that word  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2013, 06:08:55 pm »
Oder wie wir in Deutschland sagen: Witz beiseite - Ernst, komm rein!

(Äääähhhmm... habt Ihr gerade ein deutsches Wortspiel gemacht? :unsure: :thumbup:)

Das war übrigens sehr interessant. :) Ihr habt viele schöne Traditionen in Katalonien!

Beste Grüße

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2013, 10:56:35 am »
Last class we spent all the time playing with a German Scrabble. Of course, it was really hard, as we have no great vocabulary knowledge, but it was fun.

There's a game for mobile phones, Angry Words, that it's the Scrabble. I use to play in Catalan, Spanish, and sometimes in English. Now I've added as a contact one of the students at my class, and we're playing in German too (we have the same level... near to 0,0000001).

I'm very international with Scrabble, right now  :ninja: :roll:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2013, 09:57:27 pm »
Sehr schön, oh böseste Königin!

Ich spiele kein Scrabble, aber wenn ich es spielen würde, dann nur auf Deutsch und auf Englisch. Respekt für Dich!

Du weißt, wenn Du seltene, außergewöhnliche, sonderbare oder bekloppte deutsche Wörter brauchst - ich helfe Dir gern!

Beste Grüße

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2013, 09:33:28 pm »
It seems on 25th I've an exam. If I pass (teacher says nobody from our class is going to fail  :unsure:) I'll have an official certificate from our academy that I have the A1 level. I have no time to study until... well... exactly until 25 (when I start my summer schedule at work, and I've more free hours at evening). So, I don't think I'll be able to study much  :bawl:

There's a listening, a speaking, a writing, some grammar and some reading.  :cht: :blink:  :ninja:

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2013, 07:34:30 am »
I keep my fingers crossed for you! You will pass it!  :thumbup:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2013, 07:40:30 am »
Good luck dear! :)
But then again, who does.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2013, 09:05:07 am »
Kill them Luthy :ninja:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2013, 07:30:09 pm »
Da drücke ich Dir die Daumen, oh böseste Königin! Du schaffst das schon. :thumbup:

Viel Erfolg und beste Grüße

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2013, 09:02:47 am »
Alles Gute für morgen und viel Erfolg!
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2013, 07:30:50 pm »
:lol3:

Sehr schön! :thumbup: Später hat er noch gesagt, dass seine Deutschlehrerin in New York BVB-Fan ist. Sie wollte ihm verbieten, bei Bayern anzufangen. :roll:

Ich drück Dir die Daumen für Deine Prüfung!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2013, 08:07:14 pm »
Ok, exam done! Am Donnerstag I'll know how it went but... it was easy, a lot easier than it could have been. And the teacher is a good person and helped us a little: two weeks ago she asked us to write a postcard with some items on it. Then, she told us "we better memorize it". Of course, the writing part was about a postcard  :whistle: Do you want to know what my postcard looks like? Ok, here I go!!!

Hallo Kris!

Prag is fantastisch! Ich bin eine Woche hier gewesen. Es ist kühl, aber die Sonne scheint täglich. Ich habe Karlsbrücke and Alter Jüdischer Friedhof besucht. Ich habe ein Kafka  T-Shirt eingekauft!
Das Essen ist sehr gut, aber ich vermisse das Olivenöl.

Liebe Grüße!

Esther

:evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2013, 08:32:35 pm »
Hello Luthy!

What an amazing postcard!  :wOOt: Thank you very much!  :hop:

I will keep my fingers crossed. Please let us know. IMMEDIATELY.  :ninja:
But then again, who does.