Author Topic: National news.  (Read 154621 times)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: National news.
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2010, 07:55:28 pm »
Lucy, what's the situation now?
But then again, who does.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2010, 08:26:49 pm »
The whole country helps with money and things they need, I think mostly the toxic ground is cleaned but most of the people don't want to go back to live there. The company owner is sued, and the prime minister is doing a great PR job for himself. I still can't believe it... anyway, now it's their task to hold on and step over, and it won't be easy, especially for the old people.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2010, 08:48:53 pm »
The whole country helps with money and things they need, I think mostly the toxic ground is cleaned but most of the people don't want to go back to live there. The company owner is sued, and the prime minister is doing a great PR job for himself. I still can't believe it... anyway, now it's their task to hold on and step over, and it won't be easy, especially for the old people.

That sounds so disgusting to me  ¬¬

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2010, 06:56:44 am »
Disgusting, yeah, but so natural that I'm not even angry for that. :lol:
Thank you very much for asking. :)

P. S.: Note that I tend to leave the verb "to be" out of the sentences in third person. ;)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2010, 07:48:26 pm »
Ok, it's NOT national news, but I didn't know where to post it here, and it belongs more to politics than to music...

Orphaned Land in the cover in an Iranian magazine.

In Blabbermouth.

I am not able to read the magazine (and I fear what Google Translator can do, after reading some English Killings because of that), but the only fact that an Israeli band appears in the cover of a magazine of such a country like Iran, it makes me happy.

In an act of incredible bravery, Iranian rock & metal magazine Divan has put Orphaned Land on the cover of their 4th issue. Soon after, this is making headlines in the news in Israel. Indeed, Orphaned Land succeeds where politicians fail!

Divan magazine features an 8 page spread on the band, including an interview with singer Kobi Farhi.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:57:55 pm by Luth »
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2010, 08:20:24 pm »
Oh yeah, rock the Casbah :thumbup:

If nothing else, great publicity for "Divan".
Can't stop the signal.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2010, 09:22:47 pm »
Well, it's just a matter of time until they start publishing stuff about them in Saudi Arabia... :cht:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2010, 09:44:51 pm »
I knew it - metal is from the satans!

Nah, seriously, that's a good thing! It won't change much, but in the end it will be many pinpricks like this that bring the change.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2010, 09:27:45 pm »
Hell upon us!
Nazis and Caucasians strike and fight. We don't study, many don't work. These guys replenish the crowd in the centre of the city and several metro stations, a lot of them have been arrested.
"Die gewöhnlichsten Irrschlüsse der Menschen sind diese: eine Sache existiert, also hat sie ein Recht." (F. Nietzsche)

Offline Lasse

• Loyal Cell Spammer
  • Loyal Member
    • ze last.fm
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2010, 01:53:24 am »
That sounds pretty bad. :unsure: Luckily these things don't really happen anymore here (well, okay, except for the gay pride, but that's almost like traditional, meh).

Take care and don't get hurt!
Kék hajnal kihasad, feltör, kék ingem kiszabom az égből, kék ingem lobogó, s nézd csak - kék erdőn korona a harmat.

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2010, 07:06:05 pm »
Thanks!
Oh---ho-ho! This notorious gay pride is everywhere nowadays. But they're usually pretty peace-loving.
As for I, I heard today the situation was better and now they've left the streets. I hope they won't strive anymore or, at least, will soon calm down.

And more bad news: The Mufti who denied extremism was killed.
"Die gewöhnlichsten Irrschlüsse der Menschen sind diese: eine Sache existiert, also hat sie ein Recht." (F. Nietzsche)

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2010, 09:10:13 am »
I wish for peace for your land, Siren. :hug2:

Lasse: we'll see the gay pride of this year with the beloved new mayor. :lol:

Offline Lasse

• Loyal Cell Spammer
  • Loyal Member
    • ze last.fm
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2010, 09:47:29 am »
Ooo, you're right, I remember 2001 when they made the Sziget organisers sign a contract that they won't "promote" (whatever that might mean) anything related to it, so the singer of Placebo called him a homophobic twat during their show (which he actually is, but this is really seriously hillarious). :lol3:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:54:05 am by Lasse »
Kék hajnal kihasad, feltör, kék ingem kiszabom az égből, kék ingem lobogó, s nézd csak - kék erdőn korona a harmat.

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2010, 08:17:05 pm »
Where's the heterosexual pride?   :pop:

Offline Lasse

• Loyal Cell Spammer
  • Loyal Member
    • ze last.fm
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2010, 12:39:31 am »
They've actually had one this year. :nosweat:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2010, 01:27:09 am »
:roll:

Reminds me of a joke they made on German television several years ago: They asked the average uneducated mere housewife on the street about her opinion on the many people living in heterosexual, monogamous relationships. The average uneducated mere housewife emphasised her tolerance and said: "Well, as long as they don't harm anybody, let them do what they want!"

:roll: :roll:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2010, 10:13:34 am »
:roll:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2010, 10:35:16 am »
That's funny :roll:

And it shows me that Spanish tv is not the only one to make fun of uneducated people in the street (a thing I don't like, but sometimes makes me laugh...). We're all bad the same  :pop:  :whistle: :bawl: :ninja:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2010, 11:22:48 am »
Well, Luth,

I don't like it when they make fun of old people, trapping them with some recent youthful subculture stuff. That would be ok if they laid traps for kiddies as well, by asking them adult stuff (Like: "How much is 20% of 100?" :roll-eyes:) But when they're not aiming for age but for stupidity then I can laugh.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2010, 11:27:10 pm »
Not "national" in the wide sense, but in the smaller one: Catalonia. For once, I really feel proud of being Catalan. Every year the Catalan TV (TV3) makes a long programme to get money for investigation. Each year the money is collected to investigate some kind of disease, and almost every year they get more money than the previous one. I't's a money really well invested, and the themes had been several: psychic disease, cancer, AIDS, rare diseases... This year, the subject has been acquired mental and medulary injuries. The programme lasts 15 hours more or less, talking about the particular disease, bringing there people who suffers from it, musical performances, etc.

Ok, this year they made an absolute record about money collection. In this crisis year, very hard for so many people, they got (for now, as they can get more yet) more than 7.000.000 euros. All through particular people calling to the programme, preparing musical shows or performances or games or whatever to collect the money... I think it's incredible... We are, more or less, 7 million Catalans, and we can collect several more times than some similar experiences tried in the national TV. And Catalan people have the fame to be avaricious  :blink:

I think that's a really good point of my little community, and I wanted to share it with you. For me, I didn't give money through the telephones, but I bought the CD made for it, I was given the book made for it, and we payed for a local lottery made for it. Very small contribution, but what is this without thousand of small contributions?  :wOOt:

Think about 9 million euros (it may reach this quantity at the end of the year) dedicated to investigate an important disease... I don't know how much the Government invest to that, but I'm sure it's (at least morally) more important contribution than anything.  :pop:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:31:31 pm by Luth »