Author Topic: What a wonderful world!  (Read 50345 times)

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
What a wonderful world!
« on: January 25, 2007, 05:07:09 am »

What a wonderful world!

If i had the oportunity to meet such nice people in a forum at least i would like to know what makes them so wonderful (even if you dont think you are, yu are trust me), so i want you to tell me , what do you think makes a person wonderful?

i think that the open minded attitude is one, regarding the age , colour, nationality people are cool for their way of thinking

what di you think?

yo yo yo :P
Scripta Manet

Offline Diane

• Metal Mommy
  • Loyal Member
    • Last FM
Re: What a wonderful world!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 06:20:34 am »
The first things that come to my mind when describing a wonderful person would be honesty and respect.  Those are qualities I look for in my friendships and relationships.   Telling the truth and treating people with courtesy show that you have an admirable character, and they are the kind of people I like to be around.   :)     Oh...    and a good sense of humor is important, too! 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 06:23:04 am by Eve »

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 07:19:30 am »
Hey Loke,

I think that properties like intelligence, education, curiosity, warmth, kindness, friendliness, creativity, wisdom can make a person wonderful. It doesn't necessarily take all of them, and not necessarily in that order, but these are properties that I admire. :)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 08:34:56 am »
Hey Loke,

I think that properties like intelligence, education, curiosity, warmth, kindness, friendliness, creativity, wisdom can make a person wonderful. It doesn't necessarily take all of them, and not necessarily in that order, but these are properties that I admire. :)

Cheers!

Markus

I'm with that description too.
6 6 6

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:00:35 am »
Well, if we are talking about one person, I think patience is essential. One has to be very strong to let the others be the way they really are, without wanting to change them (and without seeming weak).

If we are talking about a community, the most important quality is the mutuality. People who are used to give must learn to accept too, and those who are usually receiving must contribute too, otherwise the connections go flat like used batteries. :)

In the case of our community I think we all are very different – so we may be interesting to each other. Our bonds of friendship are built on Therion, and this makes Therion even more meaningful for me. I think there aren’t a lot of metal bands that mean this much to their fans.

EDIT: Whoa, 666th post!  :fireevil:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 12:15:13 pm »
Hail to the Diamond Lady who spoke wisdom of the Beast,

and hi there to the rest of you folks. :biggrin:

Besides all the things mentioned already I also find it admirable to be dedicated to some good cause, to be able to touch and and to influence and to inspire others.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 05:06:12 pm »
One of the most things that I admire is to talk with animals, to treat them like one, like persons, respect them as you respect your mother/father.
6 6 6

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
    • me
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 05:42:22 pm »
Well, if we are talking about one person, I think patience is essential. One has to be very strong to let the others be the way they really are, without wanting to change them (and without seeming weak).

If we are talking about a community, the most important quality is the mutuality. People who are used to give must learn to accept too, and those who are usually receiving must contribute too, otherwise the connections go flat like used batteries. :)

In the case of our community I think we all are very different – so we may be interesting to each other. Our bonds of friendship are built on Therion, and this makes Therion even more meaningful for me. I think there aren’t a lot of metal bands that mean this much to their fans.

EDIT: Whoa, 666th post!  :fireevil:

Amen!   but, i was talking to my gf and she told me that good taste for things is essential...do you think?

Scripta Manet

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 06:20:02 pm »
Well, as I'm in lack of patience, I appreciate it a lot. :lol:

Yes, good taste is fundamental - especially in music. :innocent: My problem is that I just cannot define "good".

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
    • me
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 07:17:08 pm »
Well, as I'm in lack of patience, I appreciate it a lot. :lol:

Yes, good taste is fundamental - especially in music. :innocent: My problem is that I just cannot define "good".

Simple good=mine hehehe, good point i wonder is there is auniversal definition for good taste or is just subjective as everything else...

Scripta Manet

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 09:36:03 pm »
Thise whole topic is subjective, Loki! But still very nice, tho. Some might admire a strong character, other might admire the will and patience to dadicate in helping and giving. You have mentioned all the characteristics I could think of...buut...

I personally agree with Markus: in order to impress me, somebody must inspire me. Then, I also find wonderful some person's ability to wait, and the skill to not judge a book by its covers. If I remember something worth mentioning, I'll edit this tomorrow!

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 11:58:00 pm »
I agree with Markus and Eli too. Though values in life that a person follows also are important to me.
Wonderful people are wonderful because we see them as so. :)
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 01:01:11 am »

What a wonderful world!

If i had the oportunity to meet such nice people in a forum at least i would like to know what makes them so wonderful (even if you dont think you are, yu are trust me), so i want you to tell me , what do you think makes a person wonderful?

i think that the open minded attitude is one, regarding the age , colour, nationality people are cool for their way of thinking

what di you think?

Hmmmm good question

what do you think makes a person wonderful? quote by Loke
Wonderfull person that i would like to meet would have  to be like : honest, strong character,smart and let's not forget know his way in football :D  :thumbup:
That's all for me

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
    • me
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 03:09:44 am »

I caught all of your points of view and i think ill give a turn to this topic, now the q is, is there a universal standard for, honesty, good taste, etc i mean, there has some line that if you cross it is bad taste or good taste, there has to be limits, or everything is subjective?

yo yo yo :=)
Scripta Manet

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 07:40:16 am »
Hi there,

surely there is no common standard for good taste. And I don't even think that good taste in material matters is necessary to be an admirable person. In fact I can think of many people with high material standards who I find it hard to respect...

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 09:08:36 am »
Again, Markus' been here before me. But I'll put the problem differently: as many different cultures exist, so exist different point of view on good taste and (strictly) honesty.
I mentioned strictly honesty because some might expand the term to dignity, courage or a matter of honor  :)

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
    • me
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 04:48:45 pm »
Again, Markus' been here before me. But I'll put the problem differently: as many different cultures exist, so exist different point of view on good taste and (strictly) honesty.
I mentioned strictly honesty because some might expand the term to dignity, courage or a matter of honor  :)

Stil there has to be a universal standard for those thingies , IMO

Scripta Manet

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 07:00:27 pm »
I don't think there is any universal standard.  That would be kind of like trying to define when does an egg stop being a bunch of cells and become a baby...  there is never a "switch" point, there is just continual transition.

So for example, when does dishonour turn into honour?  Just like there is no switch point for egg/baby there is no "line" between honour/dishonour (<=== except for the line I just put there!).  Just an infinite number of circumstances composed of shades of grey, each circumstance meaning different things to different people.

I would suggest that as a guide, the only opinion that counts is the little voice inside each one of us that truly knows if we have acted with "honour" or "dishonour". (the TRUE voice that sits just underneath the one that tries to convince us that of course we have acted with honour!  :biggrin:)

And what is honour, honesty or courage to the average rock or plant, planet or star?  They are merely human concepts - and they mean very little to any passing asteroids that are determined to crash on our heads....

and btw, welcome Loke!  :) 
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
    • me
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 03:00:39 am »
I don't think there is any universal standard.  That would be kind of like trying to define when does an egg stop being a bunch of cells and become a baby...  there is never a "switch" point, there is just continual transition.

So for example, when does dishonour turn into honour?  Just like there is no switch point for egg/baby there is no "line" between honour/dishonour (<=== except for the line I just put there!).  Just an infinite number of circumstances composed of shades of grey, each circumstance meaning different things to different people.

I would suggest that as a guide, the only opinion that counts is the little voice inside each one of us that truly knows if we have acted with "honour" or "dishonour". (the TRUE voice that sits just underneath the one that tries to convince us that of course we have acted with honour!  :biggrin:)

And what is honour, honesty or courage to the average rock or plant, planet or star?  They are merely human concepts - and they mean very little to any passing asteroids that are determined to crash on our heads....

and btw, welcome Loke!  :) 

With great delight i read your opinion mate and i thibg is ane x ellent one, not to convince me tough but neat indeed, do you think this is aplicable to arts? what is good art and what is not?

Scripta Manet

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 08:37:44 am »
I believe that, as far as humans are concerned, there is no "unchangingness". The only constant thing in our world is the changing. Think about the languages or the evolution or anything. Why would our values be universal? One can change his or her point of view, taste, hair color, opinion as much as he or she would like it.

Or think about our perception: if you are looking at a piece of white paper on a white table, you see the paper as white. When you put a black paper under the white one, you'll see that as more white than before.

Believe me, my friend, we are not dependent on outer ideas - our ideas depend on us. :)

About qualities and morality: think about court and trials. How difficult is to say one is "guilty" or "not guilty". There are proofs, evidences for both kind of judgement. We can decide even wrong.