Author Topic: Sabaton  (Read 45517 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Sabaton
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:57:22 pm »
Sabaton: this is the band who will gig with Therion next tour. As a good Therion fan who can't wait for the concert, I've obtained some music from Sabaton (yes, thanks to P2P...  :innocent: ), and I have to say that: woooow, they're good! I've 2 albums, and I think there're only these 2: "Attero Dominatus" (their last release) and "Primo Victoria". Both are amazing, although I like more the "Attero Dominatus". It's something like power metal with a lot of symphonic music, very spectacular. I've heard each one only once, so I have to hear them more, but at the moment I can say they're worth to be the support act for Therion.

If anybody wish to have the albums, please tell me by PM or in Loyal Memebers if you're in. And, if you want to tell us something about Sabaton, this is your thread!

Therion and Sabaton rock!!!!!  :yeha:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
Re: Sabaton
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:25:53 pm »
On www.metal-archives.com I saw there's an album named "Fist for Fight" too.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 03:23:58 pm »
Thanks for espying that for us, Luth!

That really sounds good. Probably more suitable than any death or black metal band. :)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 08:28:22 pm »
Hi Luth,

I'll try to get "Attero Thingy" from the metal dealer of my trust. If that doesn't work I'll get back to you, and if it does I'll tell you folks what I think. :)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 10:29:21 am »
After you check on them, Markus, please, pretty please, share your opinion. Then I'll know if it's worth.... downl.. buying  :innocent:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 12:15:50 pm »
Ok, I've played the three albums some times, and now I can give a bit more documented info:

Sabaton has 3 albums: "Fist for fight" is the first one, from 2000; "Primo Victoria", 2005; and "Attero Dominatus", 2006. The one I like the most is the later one, very near to "Primo Victoria"; perhaps the first one is the one who I enjoy less, although it's not bad! The two latter use more the choirs to produce a feeling of magneficence.

The thing I would critizice is that the songs are a bit too similar, at least in the two latest albums: they might difference their songs  bit more one from the other, to improve their originality, or they'll danger to make their fans bore too soon. But it's only a little problem to solve in newer albums... they're still a young band!

What do you think?  :pop:

EDIT: I'm listening "Fist for Fight" right now, and I might have mistaked with some other album from other band. This album is a bit different from the following two, but not worst in any way: it is so good as the other ones, with the plus that it's more original. Now I can't say which one is my prefered one  :nosweat:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 02:55:29 pm by Luthien »
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 04:36:27 pm »
Hi folks,

I'm still waiting for my ordererd album, but I'll get back to you as soon as I have it.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 10:19:21 am »
I can't wait for singing intro of primo victoria song at the concert :P

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 12:47:01 am »
I can't wait for singing intro of primo victoria song at the concert :P

Me neither  :biggrin:

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 10:49:09 pm »
Yeah... down---buying Sabaton is on my to-do list. Want to know what I'll be in store for when Therion rocks my world this February.

I've read (on Wikipedia, that dark subject of desire) that the vocals are atypical for power metal - baritone/bass, no more, no less.

I have yet to test this claim, but sounds interesting.
Can't stop the signal.

Offline MissSwan

• I'm a lady, not a rock bitch
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 09:11:53 pm »
 ^_^ saw them in Budapest... they were entertaining and funny (definitely not what i can say for Grave Digger) but they are not very original... some of their songs sound a lot like Nightwish (Attero Dominatus for ex is more or less Wishmaster re-written)... others like Manowar (the beginning of Rise of Evil is identical to the beginning of Warriors of the World) :shifty: ... and they are too obsessed with Germany, Berlin, Reich, Panzer and so on :blink: ... but all in all enjoyable to see live ^_^
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 09:13:52 pm by MissSwan »
Burning crystals of light, the gem of Lucifer...

Proud Mats Leven Fan

Tidesson, I'm your follower until Heaven's gate...

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 09:28:02 pm »
Indeed, Miss Swan,

I utterly dislike their lyrics. "The Reich will rise" in a sing-along manner makes me sick, and "Prepare for nuclear attack" is nothing that fits their happy (and admittedly enjoyable) music. But bad or unsuitable lyrics can ruin a song for me, so all in all I'm ot a friend of theirs. Which is not to say that they're not entertaining when seen live.

Cheers, anyway!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 09:31:00 pm »
Indeed, we, Therion fans prefer to hear "the Dragon rise". :) (I'm still listening to Melez)

Offline Elena

• Princess Dream Weaver
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • nemesis corner
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 09:48:00 pm »
hm, I can "ignore" the lyrics of a song . As first band on stage, I´d say they were great - they made the "crowd" move.
But its funny to read, that I am not the only one beeing "disappointed" by Grave Digger - I am sorry, but I have to say without them, this "Therion-Evening" would have been soooo much more enjoyable  -_-
Life it what happens while you wait for your dreams
Joy and beauty dance where open eyes meet
Fortune does not mean to have the best of everything, but to make of everything the best
She loves him more than he would ever now, he loves her more than he would ever show

Never ever victim

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 11:28:55 pm »
To be sincere: if I don't read the lyrics (and I didn't in this case), I hardly understand content enough to know what they are talking about  :nosweat: I think they are good, even before listening them in the concert, altough it's the kind of music I can enjoy for some time, and then it bores me. I arrived when they were finishing their concert (3 songs left, I think), but I liked them a lot more than Grave Digger...

Grave Digger... I had to dowload some music prior the concert, as I had nothing of them: I like their albums, but no one makes me feel anything special. And, on stage, definitively not good.

Luckily, Therion is much better than the two previous bands... in album and, even more, in life!  :yeha:

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 11:53:51 pm »
I utterly dislike their lyrics. "The Reich will rise" in a sing-along manner makes me sick
Weren't there two Reichs before the third? I'm guessing that one makes you sick.

Why would the Fourth need to be a fascist one?

The last Croatian republic was a fascist state. This one isn't (or so they tell me).

"Prepare for nuclear attack" is nothing that fits their happy (and admittedly enjoyable) music.
Why not? Blind Guardian is all merry and gay when singing about mass slaughter and human hypocrisy (point in question, Battlefield).

Don't get me wrong - I've yet to hear Sabbaton, so I don't really know the context of the lyrics or anything like that. My point would be that mentioning mass slaughter and actually approving it are two radically different things.
Can't stop the signal.

Offline MightyJoe

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 12:24:52 am »
OMG hawk,you are making wrong image of croatia  :mad: :mad:

Sabaton are ok,I'e heard only 2 songs on concert,but they are good,very fast rhytm(but also nice sound).

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 01:49:05 am »
OMG hawk,you are making wrong image of croatia  :mad: :mad:
Wrong image? So the last republic *wasn't* a fascist state? I'm referring, of course, to NDH (which *was* the independent Croatian republic before this one).

As was the case with Germany, we had a screwed-up WW2 policy.

But I digress. If we want to discuss politics and history, we can do so on another thread.
Can't stop the signal.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 03:32:32 am »
I've just heard one song from them. "Attero Dominatus", actually really interesting. But true, I'd lyrically recomend thsi band toa  friend of mine who is obsessed with WWII.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 04:25:38 am »
Heya Hawk,

"Attero Dominatus" is a concept album about the WWII, so it's pretty clear which Reich they are referring to. And their mass slaughter isn't the happy and merry fantasy slaughter in a world of elves and wizards and oh-so-brave humans but a very real one. These aren't lyrcis I could sing (or growl or scream) along from the bottom of my heart, and this spoils the whole band for me, or at least the whole album. This may seem stupid to many metal heads, but this is how I am.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!