Author Topic: Concert reviews  (Read 221358 times)

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: Concert reviews
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2008, 12:17:26 pm »
Offy: I know you are gonna see Ensiferum in a couple of weeks, and if you get the same quallity (excepting for the sound of course) that I had last night, your money is more than well spent. :thumbup:

You were so right! I enjoyed in concert so much. It was even better that I didn't know the whole set-list so they surprised me cause they played almost all my favorite songs! And now I love new album and new singer, I didn't before the concert!  :)

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2008, 10:00:09 pm »
First show of 2008 and it was a travel back in time: last night, we had W.A.S.P. in town!

The two opening bands didn't warmed me up at all. The first one (Fatale Smile) were a bunch of swedes playing glamm. A friend of mine gave a very good briefing of thier performace after listening their first song: they look and sound like a third-world Mötley Crüe. The second group (Liquid Violence) played Motörhead-like stuff, but their attitude and the lack of variety of their sound was simply boring.

W.A.S.P. gave a pretty good though bizarre show. The first part was "simply" the whole Crimson Idol album played with a dark ambience and a black&white film in the background. Both the film and the band's performace were very good. The second part was composed by some of their old good classics (L.O.V.E., Wild child, etc), it was very good, but too short for my liking. The weird part is that they were playing an Elvis show on the screen at the same time :blink: . Seeing Elvis singing, with W.A.S.P. music in the background was simply :blink: ing. Anyway, all in all, I had a wonderful time and it was nice to see that Blackie was still in shape ... and he's 52!
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2008, 10:59:16 pm »
W.A.S.P. gave a pretty good though bizarre show. The first part was "simply" the whole Crimson Idol album played with a dark ambience and a black&white film in the background. Both the film and the band's performace were very good. The second part was composed by some of their old good classics (L.O.V.E., Wild child, etc), it was very good, but too short for my liking. The weird part is that they were playing an Elvis show on the screen at the same time :blink: . Seeing Elvis singing, with W.A.S.P. music in the background was simply :blink: ing. Anyway, all in all, I had a wonderful time and it was nice to see that Blackie was still in shape ... and he's 52!

Sounds bizarre indeed!  I like classic W.A.S.P., it's good to know that they're still out there...  and that Blackie can still cut it in his old age!  :lol3:

I'm not sure about the Elvis thing - it must have been a little bewildering  :blink:   :wacko:

BTW:  I have an "Animal Fuck Like A Beast" picture disc from the old days.  Did they play that "classic"?

voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #163 on: February 29, 2008, 07:27:28 pm »
I'm not sure about the Elvis thing - it must have been a little bewildering  :blink:   :wacko:
It was indeed very strange... I'm still wondering if Blackie was doing a joke or what.

BTW:  I have an "Animal Fuck Like A Beast" picture disc from the old days.  Did they play that "classic"?
No, unfortunatle they didn't play that one :bawl: ... Actually, this is where the "too short for my liking" from my review is applied.
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2008, 08:41:07 pm »
I have to tell You in advance that this is my 2000th post! :wOOt: And it will be a special one: my review about the recent Melechesh concert. (E5150 and Alu, please don’t kill me... but they visited Budapest, and it was one of the best concerts I ever saw.) I don’t know if You have ever heard about them, they play Sumerian thrashing black metal, based on Middle Eastern melodies and rhythms. Is it a shame to belly dance during a black metal concert? I did exactly that. :blush:

They didn’t play for long, because the headliner was Immolation, but the more or less 50 minutes I’ve spent listening to them were definitely something magical. Before starting to play, Ashmedi (the guitarist/vocalist leader of the band) has placed a beautiful reddish persian carpet on the middle of the stage, and has lit some incense sticks. By these simple but unusual acts he has created a so strongly magical atmosphere around, that the crowd started to whisper about it. I have to say that the Hungarians don’t know Melechesh at all (I know them because of E5150's recommendation), and all the people who came were interested in Immolation, who play a completely different music. (I don’t like them...) After some songs I heard some guys saying ”Dammit, this is fucking awesome!” so it seems that the Israeli band has found a way to our ears and hearts. :wink2: It’s not that difficult for them, our national music sounds a bit oriental too.

I, naturally, took my place in the middle of the first row, in front of Ashmedi. -_- Since Melechesh’s music is thrashy, the good olde metalheads started to mosh so aggressively that later I had to stand apart. (Only after my leg was hurt by a guy. Unluckily I’m too small and weak to take part of the fun. :lol:)

I don’t know the correct setlist, this is what I remember for sure:

First song: Of Mercury and Mercury
Leper Jerusalem (this title always makes me laugh!)
Ladders to Sumeria
Triangular Tattvic Fire
Last song: Rebirth of the Nemesis (some Akkadian words of the lyrics do sound so familiar for Therion fans! :lol:)

They played a song that I absolutely loved. Ashmedi said for announcing it that it’s more a ritual than a song, from the ”Sphynx” album. I don’t know which one it was, my guess is ”Apkallu Counsel”. I simply found myself in an altered state of mind during that song. :) I felt that they... they mean that it’s a ritual indeed... they played it for a ritual and it was a ritual. Usual thing for Therion fans though. :wink2: Ashmedi was wearing a black Melechesh T-shirt, and lots of silver jewels, necklace, bracelets and rings. His eyes were shining like black diamonds. Yes, I think that he means that ritual thingy seriously. :)

Some other impressions: very vivid interaction with the audience. Not that they talked much, not because of that. But something deep inside the crowd has answered to this performance and music. It was a great experience to live this tense and active communication between band and audience. It's a very rare thing. As if the band had some emanating aura by their friendliness and directness, and of course by their peculiar and original music.

Sorry for writing this long... I’m still under the impression of this perfect concert, and I guess some of You wanted to hear about it very much. It was their first time in Hungary, and I hope that not the last. Come back soon please...
God of the dead
Nergal they dread
Shamash, illuminate
Shamash, stretch your hand
Clash with the underworld

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2008, 10:22:40 pm »
Really cool review Lucy - I'm glad you enjoyed the show!  :)

Triangular Tattvic Fire is one of my all time fave songs, good to see it got an airing  :evil2:

I've only one thing to add...

...jealous, me?  :whistle:

:mad3: :verymad: :wicking: :verymad: :mad3: :ninja:
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2008, 09:43:59 pm »
Man, after that review I can only that I'm ost than eager to see that band live some day.
.... and Imust join our favourite zombie in his "jealous, me?" cliub

:mad: :verymad: :disgust: :mad3: :bann: :censored:
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2008, 12:09:46 pm »
Last night was Death Angel! :wOOt:

First up were Forlorn, they didn't do much for me, but the sound quality was pretty poor.  The venue was pretty small, probably only holding a max of 300...  the crowd were pretty quiet for this performance, as for me...  I concentrated on having a drink... or two..   :cheers:

Then it was the turn of Dementia, who were pretty good...  good vocalist, good melodies but retaining plenty of heaviness... the sound quality was noticeably improved and they certainly earned the respect of the crowd... I made a point of having a drink or two in their honour. :cheers:

Then we had Mercenary... at first I thought they were gonna suck, but as they got into their set they got into their rhythm and actually ended up being quite decent.  This Danish band has dual vocalists, mixing a darker voice with a kind of Rob Halford-esque wail.. I celebrated this by having another drink or two...   :drunk:

The floor was full by the time Death Angel came on stage... and right from the off it was apparent that these guys are a fucking class above!  They have a high-energy reputation and are renowned for tight performances..  and they sure as hell delivered that last night..  :evil2: Mark Oegueda gives the crowd plenty of banter, and the whole band  look like they are absolutely having a ball...  this transmits to the audience and we all thrashed out to classics and new tracks alike...   I was overjoyed at experiencing such a class act, so I celebrated with some more drink  :drunk:  ...when they left the stage I destroyed my voice chanting for an encore...  the guys came back and ripped us apart finishing with killer versions of 'The Ultraviolence' and 'Thrown To The Wolves'...  Being right up front in such a small venue was great fun.

Afterwards the band were just as upbeat and positive, signing autographs and having a drink and a laugh with us...  I got my copy of guitarist Rob Cavestany's solo album signed (I got the reaction I wanted - he was really pleased to see I'd brought that album along... I think it's quite rare here in the UK  :biggrin:).  Had some more drinks...   :drunk:  ...caught the last train home.

Overall... an amazing class act well worthy of their reputation...
HAIL DA!!  :evil2: :bow: :drunk:
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2008, 11:08:20 pm »
This evening I was at charity concert in local club. These bands played tonight: Rurzowa Dópa (Pink Ass), Korektor, DKNWNDPZS, D.N.A (Children of New Alexandria).
The people were headbanging and jumping, I was singing with band Korektor, they played a cover of my band "Zabierz mnie do siebie". Also got a dedication for the organiser of this concert during the concert of the last band. danced during the ballad with my ex-bf. it was pretty cool and funny! I want more! :) coming friday & saturday metal event in local club called Nova Fest :) mmmmm :)

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2008, 04:28:40 pm »
Tarja kicked arse yesterday in Hambrug. I found the gig much better and more magical than that in Berlin last year. :) Maybe because that was her first gig ever. And the setlist was better. She performed Wishmaster and Die Alive. Die Alive is mine MWS favourite and a perfect live song. :wOOt: She was doing air guitars and air drumms all the time, even while singing! :thumbup: She is really tallented. Speaking about air drumming what a pitty she didn't perform Over The Hills And Far Away this time (she performed that one in Cologne). :( That was the first air drumming I learnt... from Tarja of course! ;D She also peformed Minor Heaven and The Reign that she didn't perform last year. Mike Terrana took a break during the latter one. ;D The band seemed to have a lot of fun on the stage. They showed us what they can do before the song Ciaran's Well while Tarja was... guess what... changing her clothes! :nosweat: They also sounded better than the last year. Toni Turunen really looks like the Hulk! Just that he isn't green... :biggrin: He was playing sometimes an electric guitar, sometimes an acoustic one, sometimes electric drumms and sometimes singing... :wacko: The audience was great too and witty. When Tarja was introducing the band members someone from the audience added "and Tarja!!!". Everybody was laughing, both on and off stage. :lol3: And when Tarja was saying "Thank you!" to the audience someone shouted "Thank you for singing!!!". She responded that we could be sure she would continue to sing with that energy she's getting from us. That was very nice but also funny to me because it reminded me to the South Park episode "Great Expectations"... and I imagined Tarja sending her monkey robots on us! :afaid: :biggrin:
I Miskolc!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2008, 09:06:03 am »
First show in this side of the pond :yeha:
... and it was a good one. Last night, Necrophobic came and made a total mayhem in town.
The opener was a band from Zaragoza that play some sort of melodic blackend death, not bad for a start. They got a couple of (hot :wOOt: ) chicks, one in the bass and one in the guits. The bassist growled in a couple of songs... it was .. sweet :wub: .
Then, a band from Madrid (don't remember the name) hit the stage. Old school black. Nothing new under the sun.
And finally Necrophobic came and destroyed everything. I'll let Eresh try to guess with which song they opened their show :biggrin: . The sound was tight and limpid, the people was into it, and the setlist was exactly as it had to be. I only missed "I am winter", but I don't think that to play that song in the middle of Spanish spring would be appropriate... anyway, it was just one single song.

Long live to those guys for such an amazing show :bow:
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2008, 10:40:22 pm »
Hi there;
My city was, for several years, a permanent location for international rock and metal stars. Now, Bilbao take this place...100 kilometres far from here :unsure:
Last week in may, we saw there FLOGGING MOLLY, U.S. band that plays irish-drunk-rock. Party time from first second. Not too many people in the venue, but everybody get crazy with the violin, accordion and their frenetic rythm. If you like The Pogues, Skyclad and similar check out this band.  :thumbup:
On the other hand, this weekend went to the Kobetasonik Festival, in Bilbao too. Two days and many bands there. On friday we arrived when SONATA ARCTICA was playing, so we missed BLACKTIDE, SU TA GAR, AIRBOURNE and GOTTHARD  :unsure:. With SONATA, very good sound, good songs (I love The Cage!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and Mr. Kakko´s typical shirt and trousers. The unique problem was the F*****g sun we had to suffer above our heads. More than 30ºC. After that, gone to the second stage and saw the new Cavalera brother´s project CAVALERA CONSPIRACY. Don´t like too much this kind of metal, but they played some Sepultura songs (Arise, Refuse/Resist...), so it was not too bad.
I don´t know how many times i´ve seen APOCALYPTICA. Last time was a bit boring...but in this festival they played for just an hour, and past came to visit us; Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman, One, Fight Fire With Fire...and REFUSE/RESIST!!! Very Good.
I´m not a GAMMA RAY fan, but it sounded quite good...after them the storm came: MINISTRY. I saw them two years ago in other summer festival, and they impressed me. The show was very similar; volume at 11, and explicit video images. In one word: Hypnotic.
After that, return to the second stage where HELLOWEEN  started their show with Helloween, gone for a sandwich, come back, and still the same song  :wink2: A bit insipid show, too much "sing with me eeeeeeeeoooooooo"...but fantastic bis, with Future World and I Want Out with the guys from Gamma Ray.
Dawn of Creation and Prophecy from their new Nostradamus album opened the JUDAS PRIEST show. Three years after, they came back, but i think they are not in their best moment. The 2005 show was simply amazing; last friday, Rob Halford looked too fat and old, the songs sounded too slow, the drums sound was not very well...but they keep the magic. Electric Eye, Dissident Aggresor, Sinner...and the superb Painkiller  :bow: .
It was too late, 2:00 a.m. and we were very tired, but we saw SLAYER for some minutes (3-4 songs) before going to bed. Fantastic sound, and good execution...but i wanted my bed.
Yesterday, missed TIGERTAILZ, LATZEN, DEATH ANGEL and OBITUARY. Arrived with ARCH ENEMY on the main stage. One of the best shows from the festival. Just fantastic. Gone to the second one and saw BRUJERIA for first time...and surely the last one. Too noisy sound and incomprehensible lyrics. On the second stage too, TESLA played for an hour. Sounded good, but too boring for me.
Going back to main stage, MSG there. The wind started annoying the sound. The best moment of the show UFO´s Doctor Doctor.
20 years waiting for EUROPE. Very amusing; we enjoyed the classics, including the acustic Carrie version, and exploded with The Final Countdown. They look good, with Joey Tempest running across the stage, and Norum playing very good solos.
The moment i was expecting arrived. Mr. Ronnie James Dio and the boys were back!! Holy Diver, Don´t Talk to Strangers, Rock´n Roll Children, We Rock, Man on the Silver Mountain...amazing. The main stage was too big, but Mr. DIO made it very small. Fantastic song selection, but the sound was horrible; sometimes looked than Mr.Craig Goldy had gone from stage, the recorded accompaniment in the drum solo was unlistenable...i think the guilty was the wind. It could happen when you made a festival in the top of a hill  :wacko:.
BLIND GUARDIAN  played after in the second stage; it was good preserved from wind, and the sound was much better. Blind Guardian is a life assurance in a festival. Party and good songs are guaranteed. Very good time with them before the main show in the main stage: "If you want the best, you have the best". KISS. The sound of this monsters of rock frightened the wind. The sound was simply perfect. I´m not a great Kiss´fan but they made a good job. Explosions, lights, mobile platforms...The shows´ first part based in their "Alive" shows was a bit insipid, with the second one came the ecstasy: Gene Simmons singing 20 metres above the stage, Stanley flying over the crazy crowd...Excellent.
SAXON finished the festival playing on the second stage. Good sound, but after Kiss´show, it looked a bit precarious...2-3 songs and gone to bed (already 4:00 a.m.). Good experience, good bands, beautiful place, good sound (sometimes) and fantastic metal variety.  :thumbup:
Cheers
Me pica la medusaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2008, 08:57:35 am »
Last friday, I got the chance to see one of those bands that I would have never dreamed to see in Canada: Haggard
As usual in this siide of the world, the show was in a small place, with a very good sound, and serving very expensive beer (5€ each). As usual, the show started late (45 mins), but everything was forgotten once Asis and Co. started to play.
Man! What a great experience is to see all that people play live!
They played virtually all their "real" songs. There were no classic interludes, just pure symphonic metal.
All in all, there were only two real problems in the show: the size of the scene, the musicians could hardly get into the stage, and thus they had to play with only one violin and almost no winds (only an oboe, no flute, no clarinet...). The consequence was obvious, some songs sounded a little bit empty when compared to the original versions in the records. But, once you get used to it
the experience is still great. At the end of the show, I bought their last cd and got it signed by Asis (a very nice guy btw). While talking with him I was still amazed to see what bands like Haggard or Therion are able to accomplish: to get a bunch of youngsters get excited by a soprano singing, or a violin well played. At the beginnig of the show you could listen some of barmans talking and making some noise during the "calm" parts of the songs. Then, after one or two songs like that, half the crowd turned to them and litterally yelled them: SHUT UP! ... we are trying to listen some music here! ... I have never seen something like that in a non-classic music concert ... :lol3: but well, Haggard is half classic music so...

The setlist was something like this:
The origin
Tales of Ithiria
Per aspera ad astra
In a full moon process
The sleeping child
Eppur si muove
Orgin of a crystal soul
Herr Manneling
Heavenly damnation
The final victory
Lost (robin song)
The observer
Prophecy fulfiled
Upon fallen autumn leaves
-----
In a pale moon shadow
Awaking the centuries
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:32:12 pm by Aluqak »
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2008, 10:35:35 pm »
Haggard played last week in Barcelona (nope, this time I didn't go), and the place where they played... it's really really small. Where Therion uses to play is not big, but Mephisto (Haggard's place to play) is even smaller... I can hardly imagine a very very very little orchestra playing there  ¬¬
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2008, 08:04:05 am »

Just saw Dimmu Burger and Sodom in the same week , Dimmu great , Sodom , well it was held in Hard Rock , what else should I say?

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2008, 10:03:20 pm »
Haggard played last week in Barcelona (nope, this time I didn't go), and the place where they played... it's really really small. Where Therion uses to play is not big, but Mephisto (Haggard's place to play) is even smaller... I can hardly imagine a very very very little orchestra playing there  ¬¬

I saw them in Bilbao, and the same problem; there was no place for the bassist, so he played in the stairs!
Not too much people but good sound. About the female singers... :date:
Me pica la medusaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2008, 07:39:54 am »

Judas Priest was awesome , Robert Haldford is just amazing ...little old though hehehe

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2008, 10:34:06 am »
Last night we had a death metal meal in Madrid, and it was the last show of the year for me. :bawl:
At the menu we had Commader, the One man army and the undead quarter, Krisiun and Unleashed.
Just could cath two songs and a half of the first band, and it sounded pretty good. Worth to check them out. Nicely played death metal with melodical and technical touches. :thumbup:
For the second band, I wasn't expecting a lot. I didn't like their records, and the only interesting thing about them was the singer, Johan Lindstrand, who previously sang in The Crown (one of my fave bands btw).
Despite all that, they did a pretty solid show with a very descent sound. It was a nice surprise.... but I still don't like their records :biggrin:
After a good and not so expesive beer (for once!), Krisiun hit the stage. This was the third time I see them, and again, they blasted everything. Nice sound, glorious presence on stage. Good solid show. Too bad they oly played 45 min.

Then, one more beer, a quick piss-stop, and the the lights went out. Unleashed get to the stage with the introduction of Wagner's Parsifal and the real stuff began. They opened with The greatest of the lies and followed with a "buenas noches Madrid" (with a very good accent btw). The sound was good, the crowd was into it and the guys seemed very pleased. They played among others: This is our world now, Your children will burn, Winterland, Death Metal Victory, Before the creation of time, the Final silence, Midvinterblot, Warriors of Midgard and Hammer Battalion.
The only complain I had was the lenght of the show... and this is something that is recurrent with death metal concerts: they barely played 70 minutes. Too short for the teenager that still lives in me, but just OK for the adult that has taken over my body (it was a Sunday night and I had to work today). All in all it was a good metal night and today I bear a malicious smile in my face and pitching pain in my neck. Once again, life is beatiful. :evil2:
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2009, 03:13:32 pm »
Last night was the Priest Feast!  :wOOt:
Only time to write a brief report, so here it is:

First up TestAmenT
They were on fire - great performance, old classics and new tracks blending seamlessly...  one big problem - the sound quality was dismal, truly horrendous  :mad3:.  It's such a shame, these guys deserve better.   Even knowing all the songs inside out, I was straining to filter the performance out of all the fuzz.  ...and yet by straining.. you could hear it was all there in place...  just the sound letting it down.  Why did they have such a crap sound?  If this is all just the politics of where they are on the bill, then it has gone too far - far beyond what is acceptable treatment of a band of this stature.  Enough said.  PS I got lots of testament goodies, t-shirts, hoodie etc.  :biggrin:

Performance:  :wOOt:
Sound:  :mad3:

Next were Megadeth
A band that I liked back in the day (mid/late 80's), but I'm a bit indifferent about now.  The sound quality appeared to be 'turned up' for their guitars, but not for Dave's vocals which were lost in the mix.  Great guitar performances though, and great to see some of the old classics knocked out with such energy and accuracy.  Mustaine didn't interact with the crowd much, leaving the impression that he's a bit up his own ass - but I guess that's no surprise.  Overall a very satisfactory performance though.

Then it was time for the mighty Priest
Suddenly the sound quality was totally excellent   :shifty:
Rob Halford appeared onstage in a giant gold shiny cloak - I wasn't sure if this was Gary Glitter?  :fish:  However, of course Rob can get away with anything!  They opened with Nostradamus - turning a somewhat mediocre song into a decent concert opener...  I was concerned before the concert that Rob's voice might not be up to the task, but was blown away by his still-remaining quality (with one exception) - he's the metal god all right!  They belted out plenty of the classics, Electric Eye, Breaking The Law, Metal Gods, etc.  Rob promised something special would be done with British Steel later this year.  The set was nicely varied to cover all eras of the mighty priest (the inclusion of 'Angel' was a nice touch), and Glenn & KK were awesome, the energy from the playing of these guys - lets face it, they ain't young! - but the energy!  :evil2:

The exception mentioned earlier:  One suggestion would be that they drop 'Painkiller' from the setlist now  :biggrin:  It's clear that the notes are now beyond reach, and despite it being a classic I'd sooner it was dropped.  Hehe, no big deal, but they should do it!

They finished the set with a triumphant encore of Hell Bent For Leather and The Green Manalishi - complete with plenty of crowd interaction and Rob bringing out the bike etc.  All in all an excellent performance by the Priest!

Overall the Priest feast was superb - the one disappointment being the sound quality that TestAmenT were expected to deal with, way beyond grim and totally unfair on a top quality band.
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2009, 09:38:05 am »
Well, well, well... now I'm more than eager to see all those guys live in a month here in Madrid :yeha:
Thanks for the reviews Sirius... Oh! do you remain the Priest setlist?
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?