Author Topic: Les Fleurs du Mal  (Read 35481 times)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: Les Fleurs du Mal
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2012, 12:05:33 pm »
Yes - all the videos and the artwork - it fits perfectly for the concept of the album, that is perfectly done and I like they managed to make it fit all so well together. But I agree with Saph... I do not like the concept on it's own :-)
But then again, who does.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2012, 11:32:09 am »
Hey folks,

well, the artwork really doesn't seem innovative or provocative any more, but it fits the atmosphere of the album. What's surprising and annoying me is that they didn't even print the lyrics to each song.

But then again I haven't really gone into the lyrics up to now, which is very unusual for me with a Therion album. :lol3: But as they're not the regular Karlsson-lyrics... You know, when voices like these are singing melodies like these, they may as well be singing the recipe for the perfect baguette to me, or even excerpts from the phone-book of Paris.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2012, 11:47:11 am »
Well, another dissapointment for me.. I just saw the new video Je n'al besoin que de tendresse...  :sick:

In my opinion with the voices such as Lori and Thomas and Snowy, you really don't need to use old cheap tricks to get attention (sex, whores, strip dancers or whatever they are, alcohol)... Once you go from the grandeur and magnificence, from singing more than heaven on earth, from singing pure love and perfection to this.. it's time to really rethink whether you should continue. I understand they changed their style a lot, which is good, they lost some of the old fans, they gained some of the new in the last, lets say, 8 years... To me this approach smells of seeking shock and attention, to me it seems they ran out of ideas and did some cheap trick how to regain more listeners, especially young ones... The music is still a perfection in a way, not my kind of music, but still damn good. The whole package is simply too cheap in my view...

I know many won't agree with me, because you see overly sexualized world and culture as something normal, to me this is just too much, especially for someone like Therion.

P.s. Also saw the video and listen to J'ai le mal de toi   :wub: I think I'm in love with this song, it's so beautiful :) I'm back in the Therion hook... :P I knew it wil not last long - me not liking Therion.. they always have something that just can't keep me cold and not liking them
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:00:27 pm by saphira »
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2012, 12:31:37 am »
Hey folks,

I still want to reply to the discussion going on here, but in the meantime I'm curious: Were you aware of this?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2012, 10:53:09 am »
Nope, I was not aware  :unsure:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2013, 04:57:33 pm »
Shared by Therion in Facebook:

As a part of the Art Project related to Les Fleurs du Mal, Therion have made a video clip for Christofer's fave song on the album; Mon Amour Mon Ami.

The clip was shot at Christofer Johnsson's decadent home Villa Adulruna and shows girlfriends brutally murdering band members, female band members murdering fellow band members and lovers.

A clip a little gory and bloody. Beweare, male members of the forum!!!  :evil2: :ninja:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2013, 10:34:07 pm »
It's all really good-looking ladies that are the murderers.
I'm not sure if this makes me want to further analyze the psyche of good-looking women or avoid them all together. :nosweat:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci