Author Topic: Flowers of Evil (Tour Europe 2012)  (Read 21844 times)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
Flowers of Evil (Tour Europe 2012)
« on: April 01, 2012, 08:47:19 pm »
Hello Notessomes!

So I just checked the tour dates for this year. I know there is 25th Anniversary for Latin America and then there is so called "Flowers of Evil Tour Europe" (which I consider as European 25 Year Anniversay then?).

I found gigs in my country and few others but for example no Germany. (But Spain and Hungary already have gigs too) I could hardly believe that there would be NO gigs in the huge BRD so I guess possibly they are not sure about the dates and places yet?

I haven't been chekin' on Therion  much lately so I might missed something, just tell me then.

Anyone coming to the show? I actually thought that we could meet near Markus if there was a gig but as You see did not find any Germany gigs...
But then again, who does.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Re: Flowers of Evil (Tour Europe 2012)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »
Hi Kris! Check it again: on 12th October Therion plays in Glauchau, Germany!

Unluckily, I know I won't be able to travel for those dates, so I'll have to stick to my 5th October in Barcelona  :biggrin:

Anyone joining Barcelona concert?  :unsure:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:06:02 pm »
Well, that's still just one show for Germany  :blink:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 09:37:15 pm »
In Barcelona, Chris told Markus that they didn't know if Therion would tour again in Germany, as there were so few crowd there lately. I had a surprise when I saw that concert... and perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think it's near High Priest home!
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:47:28 am »
I am thinking about going to Cracow.. but for sure I will be in Warsaw at the show. Anyone joining? ps. I will be a VIP member in TS at the show :D :D :D

Offline Ignacio

• www.shusho.com.ar
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 03:36:44 pm »
Few crowd in Germany? Didnt know about, how can it be so?

2012-06-0 2/ Argentina / Buenos Aire, hell yes!
Always in zugzuan.

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 12:56:06 pm »
They won't play in Slovenia either, I guess because of bad experience with the last concert they had here. It was half empty, and later I heard that some friends couldn't come because the idiots at the counter told them the concert was sold out and there was no more tickets...  :huh:
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 01:13:05 am »
I don't see them touring the Middle East or North America in the near future... Oh well... Guess I'll have to wait and see where I'm at in a couple of years.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 11:10:57 am »
They won't play in Slovenia either, I guess because of bad experience with the last concert they had here. It was half empty, and later I heard that some friends couldn't come because the idiots at the counter told them the concert was sold out and there was no more tickets...  :huh:

I think this happend to Therion here in CZ few years ago too. Exactly the same story. Though I have to admit - about the people attending to the show - there weren't as  many as I would expect.

Offline Gevurah

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 07:55:26 am »
I don't get it why the European tour is called differently.is it not anniversary?.. but im glad i will see them again in Bucharest. here we have this problem with the VIP tickets. They started selling them early, charging with 50% more than last year and saying that like this you get as bonus free access to another band's concert that was at that time. ( and that many just didn't want to see)

Last year the VIP tickets were sold out in the first 4 days (and i got the first ones :)  ) .. but this year they still have more than half left and they are on sale for some time now. I hope they will sell them soon. last time the M&G was a little awkward.. so i'm still thinking about it. but i  definitely will not miss this one.

@Agnes: what does VIP member in TS means?
...Sail on the sea, come to me
Through the night
Pass through the gate
And steer your course
Until you reach the gods...

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 10:09:53 am »
it means that I've been a very long time (5 years if I'm not wrong) in TS paying the fee of membership. Sometimes, e.g. especially on tour, Christofer announces that let's say VIP members go on one Therion show for free + they get backstage pass, or extra soundcheck only for them.. Also there is a special lottery only for VIP members during Yule Lottery, during that lottery you can win extra rare stuff related to Therion e.g. one day with Therion in Stockholm + a rehearsal with them.

Offline Gevurah

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 01:06:23 pm »
it means that I've been a very long time (5 years if I'm not wrong) in TS paying the fee of membership. Sometimes, e.g. especially on tour, Christofer announces that let's say VIP members go on one Therion show for free + they get backstage pass, or extra soundcheck only for them.. Also there is a special lottery only for VIP members during Yule Lottery, during that lottery you can win extra rare stuff related to Therion e.g. one day with Therion in Stockholm + a rehearsal with them.

sounds cool.  :)   
Through the night
Pass through the gate
And steer your course

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 01:50:56 pm »
feel welcome to join TS :) Pay the membership from Therion Store :)

On topic. Anyone plans a trip to Poland? Unfortunately, I won't go anywhere abroad..

Offline Gevurah

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 01:35:28 pm »
feel welcome to join TS :) Pay the membership from Therion Store :)

On topic. Anyone plans a trip to Poland? Unfortunately, I won't go anywhere abroad..

I already did..some time ago..but i have very little time to check on stuff there..:(  i dont have a clue how it works.
Through the night
Pass through the gate
And steer your course

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 07:05:28 pm »
well, the website society.megatherion.com is now off (matter of time). You should join official Therion forum and contact Ole Markus. You should see Therion Society subforum hidden for non-society-forum-members.

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 10:16:20 pm »
I have my ticket for Therion in mexico city june 16  :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: . It is TIme to listen to the beast after 5 years.
6 6 6

Offline Mildred

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 05:58:23 pm »
i will be attending the show in Paris i have already bought my ticket for the concert and my fligt ticket from Mexico City, maybe i could meet someone of u there
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:05:42 pm by Mildred »

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 01:16:45 pm »

It was full in Croatia and still no concert here so I am going to Budapest, got my ticket 2 weeks ago. If there was a concert in Croatia I'd go to Budapest anyway.  :P

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 12:00:30 pm »
Wow, what a show!

In Glauchau the show was supposed to begin at 9 pm. It even began at 8.30 with the guests - Antalgia and Elyose, if I'm correct. Female-fronted melodic metal. Quite nice indeed! But I must admit that I wasn't fully attentive, I was busy getting a last drink, taking a leak and securing a place in the very first row. Still I bought at least one of their CDs because they deserve it.

Of course I also used the time to talk to Christofer who was at the merchandising booth indeed. :wOOt: That was just saying hello, but after the show I managed to talk to him for quite a while and he talked a little about his metal opera.

After the support bands the stage was prepared for Therion and someone sticked some sheets of paper to the monitor boxes. I reached around with my camera, thinking I'd get the definite set-list this way. Then I laughed out loud as I saw the lyrics of "Khlysti Evangelist" - apparently someone felt better with a cheat slip for that song. :lol3:

Shortly before 10.30 Therion began to play for a whole two hours! Thank you for the Eindhoven set-list; that's the one they played here as well. They played in front of a crowd that I would have wanted to be bigger but that seemed to go along decently; at least as far as I could tell from my place right at the stage. :biggrin: Christofer later called the show "quite good for a German show". (What kind of compliment is that? :bawl:) So how I did like it? What happened during the show? How come the set-list was altered spontaneously? Stay tuned! :P

Cheers!

Markus

Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 07:16:29 pm »
Hey folks,

so finally the show began - and it began with a disappointment: Of "O Fortuna" they only played the first three lines, not the complete song. Before I knew what happened, they were already busy with the next song.

And that was all I didn't like about the show! The keyboard player was kinda cool, that reverend with the dreadlocks who made it possible to play "Via Nocturna", "Land of Canaan" etc. Christian was very cool and relaxed, chewing his chewing gum all the time. (After the show he told me that this helps him to stay focused, to stay concentrated.) The new female singer did well and had a pretty clear voice, and Thomas and Lori were impressive as always. Also, the sound was very well mixed; each instrument and voice was easily and clearly heard.

What big fun "The Flight of the Lord of Funny Little Bumbl Flies" was! What a beautifully family-like atmosphere, when they all were standing at the edge of the stage, singing "Lemuria"! How much they enjoyed to make the crowd go "Hey! Hey! Hey!" or to sing along with a riff! How much fun Lori and Thomas had acting the songs. Her fever in the second verse of "Khlysti Evangelist", and her Rasputin taking a bite out of her neck. :lol3: Thomas played the flute and Lori played a bit of keyboard.

I'd been skeptic about "Siren of the Woods" being on this set-list, too, as they had played it a couple of times before. But they managed to give it a new, fresh twist. Not much of theater on this song this time; instead they played the immensely beautiful melody of the outro on flute and crowd before having the guitar finish it. It was wonderful and highly sentimental to me for personal reasons.

Also, they talked a lot more to the crowd than on previous tours. They spoke about the new album appearing and the 25th anniversary. Later Christofer told the sad true story of one of the FdM-songs, and he also told the story of the album - and how surprisingly easy it had been to get the credit of 75,000 Euro.

Well, "Ginnungagap" really blew me away this time, I went totally wild. :evil2: But all too soon the end of the show approached. A friend of mine had written on the back of one of the posters "Please play Kali Yuga 3" and held it up. Christofer saw it and quickly shook his head; of course they hadn't practiced this one, so that wouldn't be possible. The lady insisted, and I must admit I was beginning to feel embarassed... and then Christofer started to play a riff and Thomas actually sang the beginning of the song. :blink: Yeah, he mixed up the first and second verse, but who cares? What a gesture!

"For To Mega Therion" was the final encore, and the show ended after more than two hours under loud applause and cheering from the crowd. Before that, however, I got to pluck a pick from Nalle's forehead. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.