Author Topic: Nice weather, isn't it?  (Read 220787 times)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: Nice weather, isn't it?
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2010, 12:12:45 pm »
Hey folks,

yesterday we had classical April weather with clouds, showers and sunny gaps in between. In the afternoon I got into an incredibly intense shower of sleet - I was soaking wet within a minute or so, and at the top time it was getting hard to see anything due to the urge to protect my eyes but also due to the veils of rain.

But in the evening I was rewarded with some beautiful sights as the setting sun shone across the shower-landscape over my city. There was a veil of rain to the Northwest which was lighted in yellow, almost golden colour by the sun, and to the East there were parts of a double-rainbow visible. All of that changed quite quickly, within minutes.

Wish it was a bit warmer, though, so my plants can finally burst into leaf.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2010, 07:07:45 pm »
In the afternoon I got into an incredibly intense shower of sleet - I was soaking wet within a minute or so, and at the top time it was getting hard to see anything due to the urge to protect my eyes but also due to the veils of rain.

Come here! Moscow's getting warmer and warmer). Today by folly I've worn my leather boots. I thought I'd be boiled alive ;D
"Die gewöhnlichsten Irrschlüsse der Menschen sind diese: eine Sache existiert, also hat sie ein Recht." (F. Nietzsche)

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2010, 06:25:52 am »
I just woke up to a mixture of a sandstorm and a thunderstorm, with a bit of rain.
It's settled down a bit now, but it was pretty scary when I first saw it. :blink:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2010, 07:49:10 am »
Does that mean it was raining mud from a sky with lightning, Jorge?  :blink:

Anyway, I can imagine that this must have been pretty impressive and scary indeed.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2010, 08:35:52 am »
I've seen it before, but in this case it was like a huge cloud of sand was covering the city. It was dark! All I could see outside my window was the palm tree in front of it wiggling like crazy to the wind. And then I heard thunder, saw a bright spot in the sand cloud and heard thunder again. And then I noticed there was a tiny bit of rain coming down. I later found out it was quite a bit of rain, which actually managed to flood (just a bit) the little backyard that my house and our neighbors' house shares.

About two hours and a half later, now, it's all sunny and nice again. :blink:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2010, 01:48:44 pm »
Really impressive, but like many weather phenomena it's most fun when it's experienced from window-place indoors. :lol3:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 05:25:31 pm »
We have sunny day in CZ but from windows I can see "dusty" sky in far skies. It suddenly beggins with straight line and it's white/yellow.
But then again, who does.

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2010, 07:12:00 am »

Never been sooooooooooo hot in Mexico before!!! Damn!!

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2010, 07:56:33 am »
Like Markus told us some time before, something really frightening happened. A big, bright, hot round thing had appeared on the skies!!!  :afaid:

It seems we're getting more and more English weather... We have no week without one, two, three... five raining days! I think this following summer won't have the drought problem... It's also strange that, 2 or 3 weeks ago we had two really hot days, when I had to wear sleevless shirts, and these previous days I even had cold with two-three thin cloth layers. Weather is CRAZY!  :fish: (not to speak about the South of Spain, in Andalucia, where they tend to have terrible hot and dry weather, and this year they have more floods than in all their life  :afaid: ).
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2010, 05:16:30 pm »
I love the weather of my city because in almost all Mexico it is very hot and raining, and here is like 21 C  and no raining. This are the advantages of having mediterranean weather  :)
6 6 6

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2010, 06:28:03 pm »
Should I tell you our current temperature?
Well, it's dark, so current temperature must be somewhere around 35 C. It's been sunny today, so I'm pretty sure that during the daytime, temperatures probably reached somewhere near 50 C. [url=http://www.smiley-faces.o

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2010, 07:15:55 pm »
That is called ¨extreme tortures¨.
6 6 6

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2010, 07:24:36 pm »
Well, it's dark, so current temperature must be somewhere around 35 C. It's been sunny today, so I'm pretty sure that during the daytime, temperatures probably reached somewhere near 50 C.

If any day, or any century, I dare to say something like "I want to go to visit One"... KILL ME BEFORE!!!!!  :afaid:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 07:26:17 pm by Luth »
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2010, 07:47:33 pm »
Well, it's dark, so current temperature must be somewhere around 35 C. It's been sunny today, so I'm pretty sure that during the daytime, temperatures probably reached somewhere near 50 C.

If any day, or any century, I dare to say something like "I want to go to visit One"... KILL ME BEFORE!!!!!  :afaid:
Don't worry, if you ever do, either the visa procedure or the outdoors summer heat will kill you.
And if it doesn't, well, relax, there's air-conditioning in every closed space. :fish:

...And you could always visit in winter :whistle:

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2010, 10:23:43 am »

...And you could always visit in winter :whistle:

When it's 45?  ;D

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2010, 04:20:17 pm »
jajajajaja
6 6 6

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2010, 03:07:43 pm »
Hey folks,

the Kuwaiti One is gonna laugh at me now, but I find it scorching hot. The whole country is sweating and moaning in the summer heat...

Cheers, anyway!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2010, 05:02:56 pm »
Terrible here also, Markus. So I understand Your words... I really hate when already at 10 am is 38° in the sun and almost sixty in the afternoon.  :hug2:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2010, 05:40:35 pm »
Dear Miri,

I'm not complaining because I promised myself not to complain over our heat again when I experienced the conditions in summer in Shanghai last year. But then again I admit that I'll be glad when this heat is over.

You know, for me it's only inconvenient, but for children, sick or old people it can become actually dangerous. That's why I hate the cheap weather-reports that are besides themselves with joy when it gets hot. The hotter it gets, the louder they cheer. :disgust: I prefer those reports that say "Well, it's nice for the beach, but..."

Anyway, seems we'll have to live with this heat for a few more weeks. When this kind of weather is established at this time of the year it's often very stable. So let's make the best of it!

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2010, 06:08:25 pm »
I myself hate the people around here who say that I am stupid or crazy cause I hate hot weather. Fine, they like it... me not. I don't tell them also, that they are being stupid cause they like this weather.
And actually - as You mentioned - I am one of those sick people (have heart problems) so this weather causes me much stress. :/