Author Topic: Recent Movies seen! :alien:  (Read 143966 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Re: Recent Movies seen! :alien:
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008, 10:25:57 pm »
I've just seen "Hair"... has anyone seen it?  :unsure:

It's a musical from 1979 (very late for the subject): it's about hippies and war (Vietnam), drugs, sex and friendship. Do you know the song "Let's the sun shine"? Well, the song belongs to the movie. I will explain nothing, for those who want to see it, but I have to say that it has surprised me... a lot. Specially the end...

Watch it, it can not fail to move you, believe me  :thumbup:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2008, 10:30:55 pm »
I've heard about the controversies around it. :biggrin:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2008, 10:36:24 pm »
I will only post my feelings during the movie (in order):

:lol3: :blink: :roll:  :blink: :roll: :roll:  :not-shown-not-to-explain-the-end:  :bow:

I recommend it to you  :ninja:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2008, 11:07:12 pm »
OK, Luth, "Hair" gets onto my list. I happen to know that the world premiere of the musical was exactly 41 years ago.

Last good movie I watched was a German one named "Einer bleibt sitzen" ("One remains seated"). It's about a young man who suffers from paraplegia after a road accident which he doesn't remember. He had that accident because he found out that his girlfriend left him for his best friend, but due to his amnesia he forgot that. Still he's about to give himself up completely. His best friend, feeling guilty, moves him to participate in a rehabilitation camp - but to do so this friend promised to join the camp incognito and to spend that time in the wheelchair himself. It's a very emotional and touching movie about hope, friendship, guilt, despair, and it's very well done, seeming very authentic. A big recommendation!

Cheers!

Markus

Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 03:18:05 am »
Tropic Thunder
5/10 - Watchable. It's a movie about a crew of actors who are filming a movie based on a memoir of the Vietnam war. As the movie is about to get canceled, they decide to send the crew onto some more realistic "survival in the jungle" action, and they end up fighting the real Southeast Asian guerrilla...
Pros: It's got a funny text intro, some cool action, one very memorable dialogue line ("I'm the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude") and a few other funny moments.
Cons: Some jokes are retarded, I'd expect more from Jack Black! Language isn't suitable for all family (not a big deal for me though :lol:)... And there must have been something wrong with the tape at the movie theater, the movie looked way too dark!
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 06:51:01 pm »
Just saw "Burn after reading". To put it simple, I just laughed my ass out when I was watching it. The Coen Bros strike again.  :thumbup:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2008, 09:41:57 pm »
I watched Queen of the Damned yesterday  :wub: for the zillionth time  :nosweat:
but oh, what can I do, I simply adore that movie.

also, watched The Crow on Sunday...the one with Brandon Lee....what an awesome movie
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2008, 02:08:25 am »
Watched "Krabat" tonight. I wrote about the book in another thread, and now I watched the movie.

Nicely done, visually nice. Shouldn't have read the book first, because I missed some scenes from the book. But then again I wouldn't have understood every detail without knowing the book. Worth watching in any case. :)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2008, 04:33:27 pm »
 Watched : Gothika  - awesome Horror
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348836/
This movie is full of mistery  - spooky
Mark  10/10

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2008, 10:17:02 pm »
Watched : Gothika  - awesome Horror
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348836/
This movie is full of mistery  - spooky
Mark  10/10

watched this one. good movie indeed. kinda weird, but in a good way. worth of watching.
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2008, 09:31:10 am »

Well just watched the new Indiana Jhons stuff and i am ashamed to say it ... i liked it!!

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2008, 04:14:02 pm »

Well just watched the new Indiana Jhons stuff and i am ashamed to say it ... i liked it!!

yo yo yo
I laughed my ass off when they mentioned Pancho Villa was in Peru and that some of his men spoke Quechua. :lol3:

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2008, 07:46:57 pm »
I just watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona - it was fantastic, I liked it a lot! :wub:

I read some critics... they said that the movie doesn't give any advice and it can make someone feel helpless... well You know... it helped me a lot and I feel a lot better now. It's a movie I can hang or cling on right now...

I could identify myself perfectly with all three (very different from each other) female protagonists in the same time. :blink:

I liked the way they were talking: always clearly speaking out their very thoughts honestly!

And yes, I had to think about Luthy all the time - Barcelona must be marvelous! :wOOt:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 07:53:14 pm by Lucy »

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2008, 09:23:24 pm »
Superbad
7.5/10
I enjoyed a lot of it, pretty funny. Very obscene and definitely not a movie made for children. I felt strongly identified with the two protagonists, I mean they remind me of the great friendship I've got with a pal who I technically see in all of my classes. I gave it a rather low rating though in consideration of all the sexual, drug and alcohol references. It gives a positive message through a negative, yet, hilarious way.
Pros: Loads of jokes that made me laugh.
Cons: It's obscene, not suitable for all your family... Definitely not a movie to watch with grandma! :lol3:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2008, 11:07:32 pm »
I just watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona - it was fantastic, I liked it a lot! :wub:

I read some critics... they said that the movie doesn't give any advice and it can make someone feel helpless... well You know... it helped me a lot and I feel a lot better now. It's a movie I can hang or cling on right now...

I could identify myself perfectly with all three (very different from each other) female protagonists in the same time. :blink:

I liked the way they were talking: always clearly speaking out their very thoughts honestly!

And yes, I had to think about Luthy all the time - Barcelona must be marvelous! :wOOt:

He, he... I saw it too... I must to!  :ninja:

Well, I think that the movie shows a lot of the city... although only a part of it (the beatiful part, to say something). Of course, that's a nice thing for people living in or near Barcelona. To know better the city, the only way is to make a little trip here  :whistle:

Right now I can't remember if I already posted my feelings about the movie, and I'm very lazy, so I'll post it again (if I didn't previously): I liked it a lot, although I don't think it's the best or one of the better ones of Woody Allen. It's simply a very good one, with a good work of the actors and actresses. A strange thing is that the character I liked is most is the one of Penélope Cruz... an actress I can't stand with  :fish: I think that the character was written thinking in her  :innocent:

If you happen to decide to see the city by yourself, you already know who to call to, don't you?  :wink2:

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2008, 10:54:09 am »
There was this film festival in Ljubljana called LIFFE.. there I went and watched a movie ..swedish.. in english the adress would be Let the right one in..
it talkes about a young boy named Oskar.... he was bulleid by his classmates and never had much friends.. than one day a girl his age (around 12) moves in the same house he lives in..and on that day strange stuff are happening.. her father.. or smth like that is killing people to provide her enough blood to survive.. if I understood correctly she's been bitten and turned into vampire at the age of 12.. and she's been one for many years before she met Oskar...
They like each other, become friends, become in love...it's a story full of different aspects over life.. it's a very good film in all ways - from actors to story, quality of the movie .. I loved it.. :) recommend it to all who don't look away from some blood..(there's a lot of such sceenes in it.. :) )
here's a link to movie description etc: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_the_Right_One_In
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2008, 12:50:34 am »
Just seen "The Constant Gardener". So terrible, so true, so beautiful, so romantic, so cruel, so... It has impressed me. I recommend it.

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2008, 10:28:41 am »

Dunno the name in English but is the new Keanue Rives movie, "El dia que la tierra se detuvo" one word ... YACK!!!

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline Serpentine

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2008, 11:11:37 am »

Dunno the name in English but is the new Keanue Rives movie, "El dia que la tierra se detuvo" one word ... YACK!!!

yo yo yo

"The Day the Earth Stood Still" - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/

it's that bad?
"Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are." -- Niccolo Machiavelli

"All men hear is blah, blah, blah, blah, SEX, blah, blah, blah, FOOD, blah, blah, blah, BEER." -- Dennis Leary

"And like the cat I'm stalking
I'll take your soul and You'll
Be like me
In emptiness,free

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2008, 11:13:01 am »
...And I felt like checking it out. :lol3: