Author Topic: Recent Movies seen! :alien:  (Read 143949 times)

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
Re: Recent Movies seen! :alien:
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2008, 03:18:57 pm »

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2008, 03:32:51 pm »
Just saw "Mongol", a movie about Genghis Khan. Good stuff for those who like epic movies  :wicking: . Yep, those Russians can do good movies when they want to (well, with the help of the Germans and the Chinese, but what the heck).
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2008, 07:28:58 pm »
I also want to check out "Mongol", it sounds like a pretty nice movie.
I recently watched:
Madagascar II(9.5/10)- Couldn't stop laughing. It can be a movie aimed for kids but it will crack you up no matter how old you are. Well made CGI, it's a good movie to go see with your little siblings. -_-
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2008, 08:32:34 pm »

Madagascar II(9.5/10)- Couldn't stop laughing. It can be a movie aimed for kids but it will crack you up no matter how old you are. Well made CGI, it's a good movie to go see with your little siblings. -_-

I watched it about...3 weeks ago.. and I think it0s even slightly better than the first part! Defenitely a movie for a relaxing evening with friends  :)
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2008, 06:02:05 am »
Awake (7.5/10)- Finally a movie where Hayden Christensen is not some kid with anger management problems. (Ok, let's admit it, the Star Wars saga rocks, but Hayden could've done a better job) Actually it's pretty cool because he is millionaire that is to have a heart transplant... However, when the anesthesia kicks in, he remains conscious and can feel everything, however, he can't open his eyes or move... And finds out some quite surprising stuff while he is lying on the operation table. The story isn't anything surprising, but it isn't terrible either. It's a nice drama film for an evening with friends.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2009, 09:29:07 am »
Yesterday I re-re-re-re-watched "Fried Green Tomatotes"... what a great movie!!! One of my favourite ones!!! And one of the very very few ones I prefer to the book....  :wub:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2009, 04:18:57 pm »
watched "Yes man" with Jim Carrey yesterday.
It was hilarious as always  :lol:
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Penny lane

• The Eternal Sophia
    • myspace
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2009, 04:52:03 pm »
Madagascar 2, Kung-fu hustle and Almost Famous
 :wub: :wub: :wub:

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2009, 06:16:00 pm »
Stardust, The Duchess, Young People F***...

Stardust.. nice fantasy story... pretty solid made movie.. a couple of obvous mstakes but not releant for the stoy..  all in all enjoyable movie  :)

The Duchess.. a bunch of nice dresses and jewerly.. probably this movie had a huge budget.. but it's rather dissapointing..the plot is not so interesting .. or I just wasted time on too many movies with shallow story ..

Young People F***- a great movie.. made me laugh  :) it actually tells the turth about what problems people can have in bed.. either with partners or exes, friends.. strangers.. roomates..
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

Offline panx

• The mad scientist
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2009, 07:23:14 am »
El Orphanato (The Orphanage) - a great movie about a woman that loses her child, some supernatural things in it, and the overall impression was just ... wow  :D the movie is made so well I was left speechless. A definite must for anyone who loves ghost stories.

Oh and did i mention it was in spanish - a very welcome refreshement from all those movies in english.

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2009, 02:29:22 am »
Just watched Gran Torino
One of the better recent movies I've seen.
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline panx

• The mad scientist
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2009, 08:57:22 am »
28 days after  :thumbup: cool aggresive action zombie movie  ;)

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 06:54:09 pm »
The Man From Earth - A very cool movie!   :wub:

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 08:07:16 pm »
sheesh...I've seen soo many movies in the last couple of days...here are some of them

The Nightmare Before Christmas
-> I've already seen this movie (cartoon that is) quite a while ago, but I felt like watching it again, so I've taken a look at it today, for old times' sake  :biggrin: ah, you just can't not like it! everything's great about it: the way characters are made, the atmosphere, the message...everything!

Sleepy Hollow
-> this movie I've always wanted to see, but haven't up until now; and now I've finally seen it. What to say about it? I loved it! The atmosphere (oh I'm so obsessed with this kind of atmospheres in movies) was just fabulous. So burton-ish. Not to mention Johnny Depp, who was brilliant as always (  :wub:  :blush: ). I thought the story was pretty cool too, even though many people would disagree with me on this. But oh well :D

Edward Scissorhands
-> another movie that I've already seen, but as a kid. I kinda felt like watching it again, so I gave it another shot. Once again, that movie didn't disappoint me. (I just love Burton) Edward's character is soo good made that you just can't help liking it, as well as sympathizing with him. (Another plus is that *cough Johnny Depp's the main actor *cough:blush:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 08:10:22 pm by Mystique »
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2009, 10:43:28 am »
I adore movies with Jonny Depp! And Sleepy Hollow was my obsession.. for some time.. watched it over million times.. And Edward is also a very cool movie!  :wub:  :wOOt:  :thumbup:

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2009, 04:11:33 pm »
I adore movies with Jonny Depp! And Sleepy Hollow was my obsession.. for some time.. watched it over million times.. And Edward is also a very cool movie!  :wub:  :wOOt:  :thumbup:

tell me about it. I love Johnny Depp, as well as Tim Burton. They two are like the best combination in a movie. Ever ;D

speaking of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton...
I watched the movie called Ed Wood.

It's a story of the worst movie director of all times (or so he was proclaimed). I liked the movie so much; it left such a big impression on me. Ed Wood seems to have been a great person, he had such a great passion... but he reminded me of what Oscar Wilde said about true poets. He said that true poets were bad artists, because they lived the poetry which they didn't know how to write down, while good artists were bad poets, because they wrote poetry which they didn't know to live.
I think he was one of those. Good poet, so to say.
I must say that this is one of the better movies I've seen. Might as well be my favourite.
I'd recommend this movie to all of you who still haven't seen it (just for the record, the movie is black and white...which kind of contributes to the atmosphere...makes it better)...
Ah, what an inspiring movie.
Also, it made me want to watch Ed's movies now...I'm probably gonna download some and take a look at them...
I know they are said to be awful, but knowing the story behind them...I don't even doubt I'll enjoy them. This guy is so worth of admiration...
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2009, 10:06:22 pm »
Madagascar 2

It's so funny! I didn't want to go 'cuz I thought it was just another cartoon flick for children. But I laughed so much! It's a great movie :)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2009, 10:32:52 pm »
Hmm, thanks to Eresh I found again this topic! Almost forgot that it does exist. : )

2 days ago I saw a movie directed by Sofia Coppola called "The Virgin Suicides". One of the main actresses there is young Kirsten Dunst. It is weird movie. But nice, bit shocking ending. Not in sense that it suprises... but if one thinks about it, it's kinda shocking. Weird movie, indeed. Nice camera work.
But then again, who does.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2009, 08:06:37 pm »
I am just watching "The Shipping News".
Well, I chose it cause of totally on-the-surface reason... There are 3 of my favourite actors: Julianne Moore, Kevin Spacey and Cate Blanchet.
And I was suprised. I like it a lot. Hm. It's fantastic! x)

soundtrack cover
But then again, who does.

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2009, 10:43:55 pm »
Last movie I've watched was "August Rush" - might not be an artistic masterpiece, but it's very very sweet and... simply adorable!  :wub:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.