Author Topic: About Dragon Rouge...  (Read 34835 times)

Offline Tzar-0

About Dragon Rouge...
« on: December 11, 2004, 12:28:27 pm »
As most of us know , Christopher is a member of this sect....and I've read some informations about them in their website : http://www.dragonrouge.net/

But I would like to know...where does it come from ? I mean does this sect exist since a lot of time? and why is it called Dragon Rouge ?

I know there's a book which is called "dragon Rouge" too and that there was a sect in Russia which was called like that too in 1933-34. (actualy I've found this info just on one french website )

well....what is your opinion about that and can you answer my questions ?

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 01:22:37 pm »
Hi Tzar-O,

this should answer most of your questions. DR, who prefer to call themselves an order, not a sect, was founded by the invisible Therion band member, Thomas Karlsson. As far as I know he is a close friend of Chris, and Chris is among the leading members of DR.

"Dragon rouge" is simply French for "Red dragon", apparently a central symbol of DR and a central motive of Therion lyrics.

Cheers!

Markus
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 01:44:05 pm by Markus »
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Tzar-0

About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 01:38:52 pm »
"Dragon rouge" is simply French for "Red dragon"

hehe yes, you are right but I did already know that because french is my language  ^_^

EDIT by Markus: Sorry, I clicked the wrong button and accidentally edited your posting instead of replying to it. I have now deleted my parts again but couldn´t restore the whole content, sorry. (I think what got lost was your remark that the link didn´t work.)

The link above should work now, at least.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 01:51:27 pm by Markus »

Offline stay heavy

• Loyal Member
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 03:29:44 pm »
Dragon rouge is a young association officially since 1989-1990,founded by 5 young magicians,among i am pretty sure one of them is Christofer Johnsson,and the main founder is Thomas Karlsson.
I WAS TAUGHT TO SHINE AND NOT REFLECT

Offline Tzar-0

About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 03:36:06 pm »
ok ok

...and why the name "Dragon Rouge" ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 04:40:28 pm »
Hi Markus!

DR, who prefer to call themselves an order, not a sect, was founded by the invisible Therion band member, Thomas Karlsson. As far as I know he is a close friend of Chris, and Chris is among the leading members of DR.
[snapback]1315[/snapback]

I suppose that it's hard to difference between a "sect" and an "order", and all depends in the point of view. About Chris maybe being one of the leading members of DG, I had no idea :o . But I knew he is closed involved in this...

Luth
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 09:11:24 pm »
ok ok

...and why the name "Dragon Rouge" ?
[snapback]1321[/snapback]

I am not sure if I am inventing now, but as I have read some stuff about dragons, dragons are all different according to their colors.

For example:
White dragons, the most noble ones
Black Dragons, attacked innocents
Green Dragons, smart
And Red dragons I read, that they can evil, but not as evil as the black ones.

Now, I am not sure about this so someone please correct me if I am mistaken. :blush:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 10:10:02 am »
It can be interessant the main page of DR, Dragon Rouge, already given (for lazyiest people I insert the link again :P )

This web is written in some languages, english and spanish for instance. Specially interessant is the "philosophy" page: I've discovered a lot of different philosophies like Plato, Tao...

Maybe it can help us a little to understand DR, although main information is not shown, as all closed order (or sect? I cannot judge).

PS. I know that first post gave some information about this... but I've gone now to DR main page...
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 02:44:48 pm »
Hi Ereshkigal,

I don't think there's such a classification of coloured dragons behind the symbol of the red dragon. I would say the colour simply emphasizes the meaning of the dragon as vivid force. At least that's how I understood the DR web pages (though it's a while ago that I last visited them) and Therion lyrics.

About the question "order or sect?" : I think that depends of your definition of the word "sect". Originally it means something like "small religious group". This is a very neutral sense and surely applies to DR. However, today this term  is often used in the sense of "small religious or pseudo-religious group that tries to deprive its members of important freedoms and rights for a financial gain or a gain of power for the group leaders".  Since none of us has any insights into DR we can't judge this point.

Cheers!

Markus
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 02:49:24 pm by Markus »
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline HellWraith

• Loyal Member
    • http://
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 02:59:50 am »
Heya!

Dragon Rouge... it's really interesting, and by moments I feel like joining... but then... ahm.. dunno. Does someone know what the latin sentence means: "Ordo Draconis et art amantis" or something like that?!?!

And yes... dragon classification in colors and evilness I think only happens in Dungeons&Dragons  :P
Behold the Darkness ahead...

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 12:24:59 pm »
Hi HellWraith,

if my (virtually non-existing) Latin knowledge and my google abilities don´t beguiole me, then "Ordo Draconis et Atri Adamantas" means "Order of the Dragon and of the Diamond Hall". But beware, I might be wrong!

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Tzar-0

About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 03:42:42 pm »
Hi HellWraith,

if my (virtually non-existing) Latin knowledge and my google abilities don´t beguiole me, then "Ordo Draconis et Atri Adamantas" means "Order of the Dragon and of the Diamond Hall". But beware, I might be wrong!

Cheers!

Markus
[snapback]1477[/snapback]

Hi,

mmm I think it is "Order of the Dragon and of the dark(or black) Diamond". But I'm not sure of what I'm saying  because I haven't translate latin for a long time so maybe I'm making a mistake with the "variations" or with fhe "case" (not sure with those words in english but in french we say : "déclinaisons" et "cas"). Anyway a song of Therion is named Black Diamond so perhaps I'm right.

atri comes from ater,atra,atrum and means dark, black, ugly, bad....well my dictionnary gives me lot of words.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 03:43:28 pm by Tzar-0 »

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 02:29:21 am »
Hi Tzar-O,

you´re right. "Black diamond" obviously makes sense as the Black Diamond is an important symbol in DR and also appears in Therion lyrics at least once. And indeed "atrium" means "hall" (that´s what I found first)  but "atra" means "black", so the whole would translate as "Order of the Dragon and of the Black Diamond".

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline HellWraith

• Loyal Member
    • http://
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 09:10:34 pm »
Heya!!

Thx Markus and Tzar-0... so... Ordo Draconis et Arti Adamantis=Order of the Dragon and of the Black Diamond... well ppl, thank you!!!
Behold the Darkness ahead...

Offline Wyndrake

About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 03:41:39 am »
Hello all!

As a member of Dragon Rouge, I understand the red dragon to represent magick power. The dragon is symbolic of Kundalini force. Red is the color of magick.

I hope that helps!

HDHM!

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 03:56:46 am »
Kundalini force? We wanna know more  ^_^

Offline stay heavy

• Loyal Member
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 05:35:16 am »
kundalini yoga,it is a kind of yoga that awakes the latent inner force and uncoiled it from the foot to where the kundalini melts together with the energy zone Sahasrara above the head and it is considered in the left hand path,I practice it and it is really a good provider of strenght.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 09:41:05 am »
The hidden side of Stay!!

How is it? I mean... I've never practised ioga, but it seems to me really interessant. Can you give more details?

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 02:04:17 pm »
Ppl practising any kind of yoga look so relaxed, so unstressed...I envy that *sighs*

Tell us more Stay  :)

Offline stay heavy

• Loyal Member
About Dragon Rouge...
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 06:45:14 pm »
Hi Eresh!,try with any kind of yoga,and due to my job I think it is necessary,I need to release some pressure from time to time  so....I hope You are doing the same,stay heavy!!!