Author Topic: National news.  (Read 154904 times)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: National news.
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2013, 09:08:58 pm »
Indeed, that's a topic in Germany, too. This is not as Catholic a country as Poland or Italy, but Papa Ratzi comes from Germany, after all. And yeah, the lightning on St. Peter's was noticed here, too.

What do I think about this step? I have high respect for a decision like this, especially since it's so rare and unusual. But I also had high respect for his predecessor, John Paul II. I never quite understood the people who complained about him: "Such an old, feeble man, he should resign, no one needs him suffering in public like that". Firstly, the folks I heard that from aren't Catholic and should keep out of that business. And secondly it does have a spiritual dimension to show one's weakness like that, to bear one's cross like that.

That much about the Pope. But you'll also be relieved to hear that the stolen cookie is back! :wOOt: :yeha:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2013, 01:00:51 pm »
OMG is it?  :wOOt:
But then again, who does.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2013, 07:48:32 pm »
Yes, indeed! The cookie monster was compassionate with the boss of Bahlesen. He returned the cookie because Werni (the boss) was so very fond of it.

So the cookie was found hanging around the throat of a horse statues in front of a university building.

All's well that ends well! :nosweat:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2013, 08:35:03 pm »
That's a hilarious story anyway  :lol3:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2013, 12:24:59 pm »
Seems the whole world is staring at a Roman chimney. :wacko: On the German news-station n-tv they have an inset with said chimney in the upper right corner almost all the time...
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2013, 02:49:47 pm »
It's gonna get crazy now. :) Luckily I do not watch TV and do not read the news much anymore. I would go mad if doing so.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2013, 09:57:04 am »
Dear neighbourhood countries,

I am sorry to announce our farewell to you. As the forecast seems to be "rain for the whole June", I believe CZ is gonna get torn from it's roots and "flood away" to the open ocean.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2013, 11:41:00 am »
Dear floating neighbour,

we shall leave together, floating out onto the ocean on the same flood wave.

walking the dog today I saw a whooshing brook falling into one of the gravel pits we walk by. That brook isn't there usually.

Cheers, anyway!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2013, 12:29:49 pm »
I hope you are safe :)

We already have 1 dead and 3 missing. The situation starts to be severe... 7 regions have 3rd grade of flood alarm - Prague counts in. They are considering closing few underground stations. Few bridges are already closed. Lots of buses and trams are diverted.
The place where I used to live with my ex-bf is hit severely - not exactly the place but a square about half kilometer from it.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2013, 02:06:52 pm »
I hope that both of you are safe! No news about flood in Poland/Warsaw/Puławy. Lucky me, my home (the one I live in, the one I will live in and the one in Puławy are far away from Vistula river..

Ps. The main company which builds our estate - Bau und Technik (the general contactor) has been kicked out - (I've heard they haven't been paying on time to their subcontractors - we will see, I'm pretty sure that the flat will be delayed (more time to get some money?)

More news to come, we need to see the developer..

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2013, 02:17:23 pm »
Oh, I am sorry to hear about the building problems :(

But I heard Poland was hit by floods too? I am glad that you are safe, Agnes.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2013, 02:42:35 pm »
Maybe was hit by floods, but no any special news about it in Warsaw (yet?). Usually the floods are the problem in the south Poland..

I'm more than safe (no chance to reach me! :D)

UPDATE: Yup, I was right - the problem with floods is in the southern regions of Poland..
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:44:58 pm by Agnes »

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »
I'm safe, too. Not directly affected; it would take an extreme level of high water to affect my house. I'm glad that you're safe, too, but I'm sorry to hear about the problems regarding Agnes' new home.

Cheers, anyway!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2013, 10:34:14 pm »
Markus, Kris, I'm sorry to hear about the floods! In fact, I've known about them first because of you and later by the newspaper online (I've been off-line all the weekend). I've seen a photo of Prague with a statue with water from the waist! I wish rains stop and the flood doesn't become more serious!

:hug2:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2013, 08:15:21 am »
I'm sorry to hear that, Kris. I keep my fingers crossed for your beautiful city! We are safe here, but Budapest is alarmed.

Agnes, your flat news make me sad. I do hope that they find some solution, and they don't be late for long!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:28 am »
Hey folks,

I found this current view of the planetarium on the web.

But I've seen images from other cities which are much worse affected.

Our news said that in the Czech republic the maximum level should pass today, and then it should get better. Let's hope for the best!

Best regards

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2013, 10:40:52 am »
I've seen the developer - the lady has said that there will be no delay.  The developer has now their own subcontractors (there won't be any general contractor). I've seen some people working on the building, told the lady to move on, our floor isn't ready yet (and no progress for a month), she will pass it to the subcontractors :)

No need to worry about the *no progress* - they work on the other floors/building C (mine is D), and that's why, but I told them to hurry up! :)

I've read that the situation in Prague is reaaaaaaaaally bad :/ I'm so sorry to hear that Kris!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #237 on: June 03, 2013, 10:51:11 am »
Dear Agnes,

I think the most important point is that your money isn't lost. And as far as I understand, there is no serious risk of that now?

I'm crossing my fingers for everything to work out well!

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #238 on: June 03, 2013, 11:39:59 am »
Hi Agnes, it is good you go and talk to the people. I will keep my fingers crossed that there will be no delays in the construction. You know, if they really want, the construction can grow pretty fast ;)

Yes, and not only Prague, Southern Bohemia is possibly even worse, but it is truth that in Prague the floods influence most people. 2700 people had to be evacuated because their homes are flooded, few of them had to be evacuated on boats and few of them by helicopter.
We already have 5 dead :(

What disturbs me is that they talk about it like if it was just some short time disruption and in few hours the tons of water are going to disappear and the situation will be over. And well - it won't this will last at least few more days. Besides the forecast is that it is to rain the whole June (which is longtermed forecast I know but this time it is quite to be trusted) - which means this situation might appear in its worst again in 3 weeks.
Also there are risks of the wide spread of diseases (spreaded by rats, vants and other stuff, bad food, infection into an injury, hepatitis, etc.).

I heard that Bavaria is not well either, same for some other parts of Germany, Austria and Switzerland and southern Poland :(

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2013, 12:13:54 pm »
About the risk, there isn't - lucky us - we haven't sent them all the money for a the flat yet. And we have a promised agreement (in notarial act) for a flat.