Author Topic: Guitars  (Read 11889 times)

Offline Xiquet

Guitars
« on: July 25, 2006, 06:31:14 pm »
Hi guys,

First, sorry for my english... isn't very good... (I'm a small english killer...)

I don't know if some of you play the guitar... This is my new hobby  ^_^  By the way, I'm a beginner... but I hope to learn a lot soon  :wacko: Do you know about wich method is the best for learn to play electric guitar?

I want to buy a new electric guitar soon... one 'Yamaha Pacifica 112'... some friends told me that this is a good guitar for beginers... I will see...

I wait your opinions  :wacko:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Re: Guitars
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 06:49:17 pm »
I say that...

"Red violin" colour is the best!  ^_^
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:08:33 pm »
Hi Xiquet,
I don't know anything about playing guitar, but I have seen a couple of topics about it in the official forum and even Kristian takes parts in those threads. You could try there.... but be sure of following the 654321897 new rules posted by the almighty mod. :afaid:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 08:35:35 pm »
Heya Xiquet!

I have been playing guitar for 22 years.  The best way to learn?  Just get a guitar... try it out first, go for comfort over looks, but hell if it's your first one any will do!

Then just play!  All the time!

Get a book of an album you love, preferably in Tablature format, and learn to play a few bits of songs you love.  Just keep on going!  Learn a scale or two to increase your confidence in soloing.  A basic blues pentatonic will do the trick and keep you going for years!  Above all:  ENJOY!!  :thumbup:

Edit:  once you've been playing for a little while, go for a lesson or two.  Try and find a teacher who can teach the type of stuff you wanna play.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:37:43 pm by Sirius13 »
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline axe72bcn

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 12:15:13 am »
Hi guys,

First, sorry for my english... isn't very good... (I'm a small english killer...)

I don't know if some of you play the guitar... This is my new hobby  ^_^  By the way, I'm a beginner... but I hope to learn a lot soon  :wacko: Do you know about wich method is the best for learn to play electric guitar?

I want to buy a new electric guitar soon... one 'Yamaha Pacifica 112'... some friends told me that this is a good guitar for beginers... I will see...

I wait your opinions  :wacko:

Hello Xiquet, the Yamaha Pacifica 112 is a very good guitar for a beginner.

If you do not know anything about guitar playing I would recommend to go to particular classes during a time.
Also I recommend to you the programs Powertab and Guitar Pro, for that there are many files with scores of songs and exercises.

Greetings. :bye:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 12:16:57 am by axe72bcn »

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 02:56:44 am »
I'm starting to play bass... Any recomendations in which model or brand I should get?
I started classes with the school's comunity bass, but I should get one of my own.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 07:56:58 am »
Congrats, One! Good luck to your play! I can't give you a recommendation, only my best wishes!  :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 08:35:52 am »
Hi One,

I can't recommnd a specific brand or model, just some general hints:

It will help if you know what style of music you'll mostly play.

Try to get an overview of important brands by reading bassist magazines - you needn't buy them; your library ought to have some.

Ask other musicians in your area for a shop they can recommend, go there and let them advise you. Try to take an experienced musician along who can have an eye on technical issues. Before you buy a certain model, take it in your hand and play something on it to see how well this particular bass guitar suits you.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 12:32:56 pm »
Well, I have a friend that she's a beginner in bass playing and she bougth an Ibanez. But then again I don't know about basses. Can't remember the model she said; I can find out though.

I am also taking guitar lessons ..hehe... I already have a strong foundation, but I want to play death/black metal  :wub:

I've learnt my first song thanks to Guitar Pro: Transilvanian Hunger (Darkthrone)  :evil2:

Maybe in December I'll get my first guitar  ^_^

Offline axe72bcn

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 02:57:04 pm »
I'm starting to play bass... Any recomendations in which model or brand I should get?
I started classes with the school's comunity bass, but I should get one of my own.

Hello, Yamaha and Cort make instruments with a very good price-quality relation and very interesting for the beginners. :thumbup:

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 10:03:06 pm »
  :wub:

Probably too heavy for me though  :unsure:

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 02:45:32 am »
  :wub:

Probably too heavy for me though  :unsure:
A beutiful Warlock-bodied guitar. A friend desperately wants one like that, his Fender is getting him bored lookswise.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline MCoreLabs

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 06:27:23 pm »
Well.. I own a JS 20 Dinky, and it's a great guitar for it's price range.. I personally like the classic aspect of it, the warlock and heavy metal aspects or V shapes are usually hard to handle so I won't give my vote on them.. anyone who wants to buy his first Electric guitar should buy a classic looking one first.. best for learning and doesn't give you the unwanted "tag" from others...

I live in a world where Light and Shadow live in peace, where heaven and hell are one and the same.. My love for you is the world I live in

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 09:11:30 pm »
I reccomend you Guitar Pro, i don´t know Powertab... :whistle:
Me pica la medusaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!

Offline MCoreLabs

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 08:38:16 pm »
Powertab is also great for learning and even helps you transform .mid format sounds into actual tabs.. it helped me alot learning the James Bond theme  :innocent: . For more advanced players, it's an excellent tool for composing songs, as it helps you figure out how each instrument works. So yeah, use PowerTab ;)

I live in a world where Light and Shadow live in peace, where heaven and hell are one and the same.. My love for you is the world I live in