Author Topic: Nightwish  (Read 238506 times)

Offline Hypnox

Re: Nightwish
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2007, 11:21:05 am »
 :o It seems like you haven't noticed sarcasm in my post. :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 11:23:13 am by soulsmith »
I know I'm going to hell, and I'm bringing marshmallows.

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2007, 11:52:30 am »
You haven't posted much... to be honest soulsmith, the only post of yours about Nightwish I remember is that about Tarja lubricating her vocal chords during the song Wild Child with Marcelo! :lol3: But I remember well everybody was against me... :ninja: Even Mystique, couple of times... but I'm glad at the end she has chosen the right side... :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:03:20 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2007, 05:05:02 pm »
 ;D well, I see I've been mentioned a lot lately, huh.
But yeah, I haven't posted much here since... I've already said so much on this topic before in the topic Nightwish on the official forum...
So I'm kinda running out of ideas...Sorry NeMo...  :unsure:

oh, and btw, I recently got that famous DPP instrumental cd... and yeah, I totally like it...

and NeMo, that video with Anette & Tarja singing Higher than hope...it's the best! haha!  :lol3: I'm totally laughing at Tuomas...I mean just look at his face! THE BEST thing ever hihi...I mean...not his face...the expression of his face, to be more precise... cuz his face is not something one should admire to  :tongue:  ;D
haha

gooooo Tuomas!  :fish:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2007, 05:53:22 pm »
I'm totally laughing at Tuomas...I mean just look at his face! THE BEST thing ever hihi...I mean...not his face...the expression of his face, to be more precise...

God damn it Mystique, why did you have to spoil "my special powers" of being able to predict Anette's ditching several months in advance... :P

Btw, now that Anette is to be jobless, someone should inform her that Christopher likes her voice... :biggrin:

*imagines new Therion album with Anette as lead vocalist*
*........*
*still imagines*
*........*
*runs out of the room holding his head and screaming*
:lol3:
I Miskolc!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2007, 06:02:50 pm »

Btw, now that Anette is to be jobless, someone should inform her that Christopher likes her voice... :biggrin:

*imagines new Therion album with Anette as lead vocalist*
*........*
*still imagines*
*........*
*runs out of the room holding his head and screaming*

Well, Chris has got his tastes.
He may like her voice but I don't think that adding her to the line-up goes into the direction he wants to take. (Though I could always be wrong, you can never be sure of what to expect from Mr. Therion) :lol:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2007, 06:16:52 pm »
I don't think that adding her to the line-up goes into the direction he wants to take.

And why do you think so? Chris wants Therion with the next album to become a show band (I didn't say chopping woods on the stage, honest to God  :biggrin:)... That means he needs singers having, beside an excellent voice, a huge charisma and a striking stage presence... ;) So I think Anette would be a perfect choice for him! :P See for yourself:

Tarzan... I mean Wishmaster with Anette

:roll:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 01:18:43 am by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2007, 07:18:46 pm »
So I think Anette would be a perfect choice for him! :P See for yourself:

I went and saw Nightwish with Tarja back in ...oh, 2004?  I dunno. 

But even though NW aren't my fave band they were good live, and I gotta say that Tarja's performance was flawless.  Really impressive live performance by any standards.

That video...  well, hehe.  You can sign me up to your street team on the basis of that video!  :afaid:
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Hypnox

« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2007, 10:50:18 pm »
You haven't posted much... to be honest soulsmith, the only post of yours about Nightwish I remember is that about Tarja lubricating her vocal chords during the song Wild Child with Marcelo!

Perhaps it is true. At that time, a bunch of discussions were made on different forums so, I am probably wrong about posting "Anti-Anette" replies on the official Therion forum.

But still, know that you have one more man in your army against Anette the Evil Witch. :P

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2007, 11:04:33 pm »

Was it this one maybe? :P

@Triocton & soulsmith: Welcome to the team... :thumbup:
:yeha:

@Mystique: you're in also, of course if you want... If anybody has earned the mebership there, then it's you! :)

And let me rant a bit more about Anette... In the first time, I thought Tuomas chose the worst singer out of those 2000 that applied to the competition out of jealousy towards Tarja... to revenge her by showing her how she wasn't important for the band at all... But then I read some rumours that the record company made Tuomas hire Anette by threatening with cancelation of DPP contract... Now I'm curious what is the truth? ??? But I'm sure something is very fishy there... :ninja: Who knows what is going on in Tuomas' big head? Perhaps not even he! :biggrin:

And I'm also curious whether Tuomas is to record the last gig with Anette for the next DVD called "End Of An Era *again*"... or even better "End Of All Hope"! :roll:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 12:37:07 am by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Hypnox

« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2007, 01:20:58 pm »
You'll never know the truth.

The whole thing is a big conspiracy. :ninja:

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2007, 02:28:01 pm »
@Mystique: you're in also, of course if you want... If anybody has earned the mebership there, then it's you! :)

awww...thanks   :)
but member of what exactly?  :lol3:

by the way, I guess the only one who knows why Tuomas hired Anette is himself...oh, and Anette...and...maybe even the other members of the band... :lol3:

but people seem to like her...  :unsure:

as for me, I prefer Tarja's solo album  :wink2:
it's soooo....aaaaah....! awesome!  :bow:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2007, 02:47:42 pm »
but member of what exactly?  :lol3:

Mystique you're forcing me to quote myself one more time! You know how I hate that... :disgust:

Well, then I invite you to join just founded "Nemo's Anti-new-Nightwish Streat Team"! :w00t_jump: Everybody hating at least something pertaining new Nightwish, albeit that's only Tuomas dying his nails black(:biggrin:), is warmly welcomed to participate. His/her job will be just to hate what he/she already hates. :mad3: :wOOt:

When I heard that Hans Zimmer (Tuomas' favourite composer btw :nana:) "cordially invited Tarja to visit him in his studios in Los Angeles, to see how he makes his music"(:thumbup:), I decided to "cordially invite Hans Zimmer to my Anti-new-Nightwish Streat Team, so that he could see how I make my Nightwish jokes"! However, I'm still waiting for a response from him... :unsure:

:nana:

and...maybe even the other members of the band... :lol3:

I wouldn't bet on that... :ninja:

as for me, I prefer Tarja's solo album  :wink2:
it's soooo....aaaaah....! awesome!  :bow:

Tarja's solo album is teenage goth sh*t! :P

7th time and still counting...
I Miskolc!

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2007, 05:42:58 pm »

Was it this one maybe? :P

No, not there.  I saw them at Nottingham Rock City (a smaller venue).  I prefer up close & personal over festivals!  :biggrin:
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2007, 07:56:29 pm »
Nice you've gotten the opportunity to see Tarja with Nightwish live (I did so 4 times 8))... But she is even better alone! She is so full of energy on the stage... literally jumping during some songs! :o NEVER did that in Nightwish... :thumbup:

Btw, have you noticed how Anette managed to sing "Starbreeze, Silvara" instead of "Silvara, Starbreeze" there... She REALLY is talented... :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

8th time and still counting...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:59:31 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Hypnox

« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2007, 01:08:36 am »
Btw, have you noticed how Anette managed to sing "Starbreeze, Silvara" instead of "Silvara, Starbreeze" there... She REALLY is talented...

Yeah, but I also noticed that she sucks. :P

I mean, come on... those... screams (or whatever they should be called)... just to full the gaps?
I don't think so.  :disgust:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2007, 09:55:33 am »

Watch your language young man, Anette finished Conservatory! :biggrin: Seriously, someone should inform Swedish Government that Conservatory should be immediately stripped of its working licence... or even better RAZED TO THE GROUND! :wOOt: Just in case... :lol3:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 09:59:02 am by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2007, 08:52:35 pm »

Watch your language young man, Anette finished Conservatory! :biggrin: Seriously, someone should inform Swedish Government that Conservatory should be immediately stripped of its working licence... or even better RAZED TO THE GROUND! :wOOt: Just in case... :lol3:
Ehem, for your information, Johan Niemann also finished Conservatory. So STFU N00b!
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2007, 08:56:08 pm »
OK, then only Anette's Professor needs to be killed... :P
I Miskolc!

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2007, 11:28:59 am »
with or without education..sorry but Anette's voice is rather something usual..it's without that soul,the caracter we got used to when Tarja was singing..and her stage performance is something I could do and I'm a complete anti talent for performing in front of people...I'm not saying it should be the same like when with Tarja but at least with more spirit in it..not just pretending that you enjoy ...but to show all your love for music on stage..you know what I mean?..
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2007, 12:27:23 pm »
with or without education..

For Anette education seems to have NO effect at all... :ninja:

and her stage performance is something I could do

Have never doubted in that...

I'm not saying it should be the same like when with Tarja but at least with more spirit in it..not just pretending that you enjoy ...but to show all your love for music on stage..you know what I mean?..

Crystally... :thumbup:

Some chick singing Eva ::)

@saphira: Welcome to the team! :)

Now I have an important annoucement for all my fellow team members! Tobias Sammet is in the team too! :wOOt: I have read his interview in the last issue of German Metal Hammer where he said the following:

Quote from: Tobias Sammet
For new Avantasia, I wanted to avoid artificial inflated orchestral parts, that only sound cheesy... :tongue: As well as typical Finnvox sound where drums are brought to the threshold of being hearable... :ninja: That is what many do nowadays but for me that is not metal anymore! :bye:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Btw Finnvox Studios are studios in Helsinki where Nightwish recorded their albums! ;) After reading this, I could only say: In your big face Tuomas!!! :nana:

That was a joint interview of Tarja & Tobi... they were probably sitting on the same couch. So I guess Tobi wanted to flatter Tarja. ^_^ But who wouldn't want? When she is Witchy & Bitchy at the same time... 2 in 1! :roll:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:09:05 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!