Author Topic: Nightwish  (Read 236135 times)

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: Nightwish
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2007, 05:46:15 pm »
I didn't get the bonus track... :-(

Well, there is internet...  :biggrin:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2007, 05:30:45 pm »
I wrote a small song that tells what I think about new Nightwish singer...

Anette Sings

Anette sings Bye Bye,
Children on the street cry,
And birds die in the sky.
Anette on the stage screech.
Fish die on the beach.
Anette is trying to sing,
Flowers in the garden are withering.
Anette sings like Shania Twain,
People's faces loathe in excruciating pain.
Anette on the concert perform',
The town is hit by a storm.
Anette delivers Wishmaster,
And the world comes to a disaster!

:tomat:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:26:50 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2007, 07:00:28 pm »
Ehm, dude, if I was Annette, I'd be really happy to get Aluqak to eat you ASAP. :biggrin:
She's not that bad, I guess you're just too used to Tarja.... :ninja:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2007, 12:19:41 pm »
NeMo, just small recommendation, get 2nd CD (instrumental) and enjoy.

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2007, 01:51:53 pm »
My own thoughts on Nightwish are that they were kinda enjoyable, but at the same time they have always been kinda crap too.

The worst thing is the totally nauseous lyrics, that have to be endured rather than enjoyed - I actually like NeMo's lyrics better than anything penned by Nightwish.  Seriously, the lyrics are some of the worst I have ever come across.  :fish:

The music is a little cheesy, but I enjoyed how they mixed Tarja's voice with the metal (ish) sound - it is just unfortunate that it spawned such a host of wannabe drivel trying to recreate the same formula.  The new singer sounds ok to me - but ultimately I really don't care if Nightwish change, evolve or disappear.  They've kinda come up with all the surprises that they were capable of (which were good ones), and now they have nothing new to show (not so good).

Please, can anybody tell me they enjoy NW lyrics?!
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2007, 05:20:59 pm »
She's not that bad, I guess you're just too used to Tarja.... :ninja:

Nope, you guess wrong. She is THAT bad... :ninja:
Listen to Loreena McKennitt (unfortunately haven't find it live), Candice Night (my fave, too bad they never played it on the gigs I was to) and Maggie Reilly. :thumbup: And then listen to Anette Olzon... :tongue:
You see, I'm not "just too used to Tarja's voice". I'm used to a lot of good female voices. :) But NOT to Anette's... IMHO, she should just go back milking cows in Sweden... :bye:

Please, can anybody tell me they enjoy NW lyrics?!

I enjoyed NW lyrics very much! Especially from OB&WM phase when they were about fantasy, astronomy, nature... all the things I like very much. From CC on, they became "more emo"... however, I would never call them emo, because I think they are high-quality lyrics, unlike emo... I think they are more like a poetry... :) And Tuomas had REAL reasons for writing such emotional lyrics. He was in love with Tarja... :wub: All those love songs from CC, like Ever Dream, Forever Yours, Feel For You and Beauty Of The Beast were his messages to Tarja. However Tarja got married to Marcelo and then he wrote Ghost Love Score: "You were the one to cut me, so I'll bleed forever..." referring to the marriage... After Once, Tuomas became increasingly jealous, ending with him cowardly kicking Tarja out of Nightwish, via Internet... :mad3:

NeMo, just small recommendation, get 2nd CD (instrumental) and enjoy.

Sorry, no lyrics... :nana:
And I'm pretty busy these days listening to new Tarja's album "My Winter Storm" and the latest Doro's album "Warrior Soul"... They both kick arse! :bow:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:29:19 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2007, 05:35:34 pm »
Hey NeMo, well, if Annette sounds that bad to you, it's your opinion. I don't find her bad at all, but I have to admit that Tarja in CC and Once was also getting pretty cheesy with her less operatic vocals. But hey, that's just my opinion.

As for the lyrics, early NW had some really good ones. The more emotional ones weren't as good, but were still decent. Some of the lyrics in DPP come back to the AFF and OB era, with stuff like "The Islander" and "Sahara"...
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Elena

• Princess Dream Weaver
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • nemesis corner
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2007, 05:49:32 pm »
... I don´t have the bonus track too :bawl: - but found in in Internet :) I like it :)

Tarja´s album I heard only once by now, I must say I´m not thrilled, songs are some kind of ... flat? maybe this will change when I heard it more often...
Life it what happens while you wait for your dreams
Joy and beauty dance where open eyes meet
Fortune does not mean to have the best of everything, but to make of everything the best
She loves him more than he would ever now, he loves her more than he would ever show

Never ever victim

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2007, 06:12:47 pm »
Hey NeMo, well, if Annette sounds that bad to you, it's your opinion. I don't find her bad at all, but I have to admit that Tarja in CC and Once was also getting pretty cheesy with her less operatic vocals. But hey, that's just my opinion.

It could be... However she can never be more cheesy than Candice Night. :lol3: And I like Candice Night very much! :bow: However, it's not easy for her to do what she does. To be in the centre of the stage for ten years, and to be good in what you're doing... but, alas, NEVER to be in the centre of attention... :bye: I was on 3 their concerts. The public was screaming on every move Ritchie makes... But with her nothing... like she was not there... :mad:

As for the lyrics, early NW had some really good ones.

Do you know a bonus song from Oceanborn called Nightquest? I think each stanza of it was dedicated to one Nightwish member... :)

Tarja´s album I heard only once by now, I must say I´m not thrilled, songs are some kind of ... flat?

For me they are just beautiful... simple and beautiful... Often you hear only Tarja, or only guitars, or only piano, or cello, or some simple combination of that. :thumbup: And I like simplicity! I think the beauty is in simplicity... :) That's why I like Gothic Kabbalah very much, because it's simple, yet beautiful! Too bad every day there is less and less simplicity in our lives... :bye:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:16:35 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2007, 05:07:50 am »

Anette reeks mush more than Tarja used to ...

Well i dont like nightwish so , burn me.

:pop:

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2007, 10:09:32 pm »
Finally, I'll be on topic! :innocent:

Anette reeks mush more than Tarja used to ...

Indeed! Anette has very sentimental and versatile voice... And what's most important she sings from heart! Not from diaphragm, she probably doesn't even know what's that(:P), but she knows what's heart(), and I tell you she can sing from it! But it is sad she NEVER headbangs! :-[

Slaying The Dreamer with Anette

Can you believe she sang whole StD without a single headbang! :ninja: It's such a pity, because IMHO headbanging is the only thing she needs to be perfect... :P

And on the other side, headbanging is the only thing Tarja does well... even more... perfect!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
 :bow:Lost Norther Star with Tarja.... OF COURSE!!! :bow:
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Her hedabanging is just PERFECT! Too bad her voice sucks... :nana:
:lol3:

Well i dont like nightwish so , burn me.

No, I won't burn you. :) Instead, I will invite you to join my Anti-new-Nightwish Street Team! :thumbup:

Well, then I invite you to join just founded "Nemo's Anti-new-Nightwish Streat Team"! :w00t_jump: Everybody hating at least something pertaining new Nightwish, albeit that's only Tuomas dying his nails black(:biggrin:), is warmly welcomed to participate. His/her job will be just to hate what he/she already hates. :mad3: :wOOt:

When I heard that Hans Zimmer (Tuomas' favourite composer btw :nana:) "cordially invited Tarja to visit him in his studios in Los Angeles, to see how he makes his music"(:thumbup:), I decided to "cordially invite Hans Zimmer to my Anti-new-Nightwish Streat Team, so that he could see how I make my Nightwish jokes"! However, I'm still waiting for a response from him... :unsure:
:roll:

And, if this all was not on topic enough, I'll make my post even more on topic! By answering to OFFy's original question from almost two years ago... :)

Which genre is Nightwish? Aren't they power metal. Yes I know that they have(had) female half-opera singer. But they can't be gothic just cause of that. What is gothic anyway? Tristania for example.

I liked both old Nightwish and old Tristania (probably because I'm old too :P). But I would never put them into one genre, because I see no similarities between those two bands (except that they were both "chick-metal" but I meant some deeper similarities :lol3:). The atmosphere their music created were completely incomparable... So if Tristania is gothic, then Nighwish is not... Or if Nightwish is gothic, then Tristania can't be... But I'd rather go for the first thing... ;) Nightwish of OB & WM was for me operatic power metal. :thumbup:

2nd time I quoted myself and still counting... :P
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:14:25 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2007, 09:10:45 am »
But it is sad she NEVER headbangs! :-[

but she does! can't you remember that video....you (I think) sent me a link to it once...   :fish:
it was the most hilarious...or should I say scariest  :ninja: thing I've ever seen
 ;D

Which genre is Nightwish? Aren't they power metal.

um yeah that's what I've heard too, but I don't think they are. but I agree with NeMo, it would be hard to put them into one genre...I guess they unite elements of many different kinds of metal

(probably because I'm old too :P).

stop with that middle age crisis thing, man!  :lol3:
haha I'm just kidding, you're not old, what are you talking about?  :biggrin:

2nd time I quoted myself and still counting... :P

yeah, twice, but how many times have you quoted yourself in general?  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 09:12:48 am by Mystique »
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2007, 10:23:23 am »
Listen to Loreena McKennitt (unfortunately haven't find it live), Candice Night (my fave, too bad they never played it on the gigs I was to) and Maggie Reilly. :thumbup:

And how could I forget Dolores O'Riordan... :-\ Damn those anti-dandruff shampoos! >:( :P

[sings]
Just my Imagination, just my Imagination,
just Imagination, just Imagination...
[/sings]
:)

But it is sad she NEVER headbangs! :-[

but she does! can't you remember that video....you (I think) sent me a link to it once...   :fish:
it was the most hilarious...or should I say scariest  :ninja: thing I've ever seen
 ;D

You mean this one: Come Cover Me with Anette

Before choruses... LMAO!!! Well if one can call that headbanging then yes, she sometimes headbangs... :bye:

Hey Mystique, you haven't told me what do you think about Tarja's live performance of Lost Northern Star? In particular I would like to know do you find Tarja there to be more witchy or more bitchy? :wOOt:

yeah, twice, but how many times have you quoted yourself in general?  :biggrin:

3 (NTSMS) + 23 (official forum) + ??? (Nightwish forum, a long time ago... you almost weren't born then :ninja:)= :nana:

3rd time and still counting...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 10:53:58 am by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2007, 02:43:57 pm »
Hey Mystique, you haven't told me what do you think about Tarja's live performance of Lost Northern Star? In particular I would like to know do you find Tarja there to be more witchy or more bitchy? :wOOt:

haha, well it's actually hard to tell  :P
the only thing I can say...actually do  ;D  is  :bow:

and by the way, I'm just watching that video with Anette singing Slaying The Dreamer you posted earlier...and all I can say is  :blink: well, I mean ok, she can sing those old Nightwish songs if she wants to, but it's just......those songs...should be performed by Tarja and her alone...they just don't fit Anette's voice...
and I know...some people will say...those songs belong to Nightwish, not to Tarja, but still...Tarja was a huge part of Nightwish...and I'll always miss her...
hehe aren't I sentimental?  :P

and please stop doing that  :blink:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2007, 09:26:22 pm »

haha, well it's actually hard to tell  :P
the only thing I can say...actually do  ;D  is  :bow:

Haha, really hard to tell... I'd say it's fifty-fifty... :thumbup: And she is definately very much of both! :biggrin: It's clear for being witchy and here comes the explanation for being bitchy... On MWS deluxe edition there is an interview with Tarja where she speaks about the characters on the album. She said the following for The Dead Boy: "He is one quite creepy creature, that is very bad and sad and so confused in his life...". Clearly @Tuomas. :fish: And she also repeatedly stated how the lyrics are very important to her and how she wanted MWS to have that "soundtrack" feeling... everything Tuomas has said in interviews for years! I think she's ripping off her old friend... :P And like all that wasn't enough, she also befriended Hans Zimmer, Tuomas' favourite composer! Who knows what also happened there... I mean between Hans and Tarja... You know, Marcelo is a busy man, owning a company in Argentina. He's probably often away because of the business... :biggrin: She really is a bitch! And I like her even more because of that... and also because she is a diva. I like bitches... and divas... and to be honest, I like everything Tarja is! 8)

Btw Mystique, did you know that Tarja acts The Dead Boy also... just look at "his" face!

LOL!!! What else is she to come up with!? :lol3:

and by the way, I'm just watching that video with Anette singing Slaying The Dreamer you posted earlier...and all I can say is  :blink: well, I mean ok, she can sing those old Nightwish songs if she wants to, but it's just......those songs...should be performed by Tarja and her alone...they just don't fit Anette's voice...

By Tarja preferably but NOT only by Tarja. ;) In the case of need, they could also be performed by other trained singers... but NOT by Anette! :bye: In my opinion nothing should be performed by Anette... except for The Imagination Song from South Park:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFDDK-6Lhd4

and please stop doing that  :blink:

I think you should rather just let it go... :biggrin:

Btw have you noticed how I've put that counting into italic font for the very first time... EVER! :wOOt: Including Nightwish forum... :P
It has definately again invigorated the fun it made to me once, that almost got extinguished... :bye:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:40:44 am by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Hypnox

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2007, 10:28:58 pm »
In my opinion nothing should be performed by Anette... except for The Imagination Song from South Park
And what about that song about Kyle's mom?  ;D
I know I'm going to hell, and I'm bringing marshmallows.

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2007, 10:34:09 pm »
OMG! That's so freakin...scarrrrrry....  :wacko:
haha

I always thought it was really a boy...and I could have sworn... haha well I guess I was wrong...
but it totally looks like a  boy in that video  :wacko:
wow, now this is what I call A SHOCK!  :blink:

Tarja scares me  :afaid: someone, help?  :ninja:
 :biggrin:

hahahahaha! Now, when I look at the picture you posted, I dunno whether to laugh or to cry or to...do nothing...  :blink: hahahaha...oh man....this was fun  ;D

And yes, I have noticed how you put that counting thing into italic...we all have   :insane:  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2007, 07:55:21 pm »
Tarja scares me  :afaid: someone, help?  :ninja:
 :biggrin:
Hahaha, poor Mystique! :P So many things that scare you got together! :sofa: If your hair doesn't become grey these days it never will! :biggrin: I mean there's Ahriman's new avatar, and now Tarja is dressing like a boy, but not an ordinary one... the dead one! :afaid: Not to forget those ineluctable boogies in the closet! :nana:

*suddenly realizes something* :afaid:

Am I going off topic in Nightwish topic!? :ninja: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... :P
Must go on topic, quickly! ;D

Did you know that Tarja charges 300 euros for a VIP pass! :ninja: If she continues charging that, she will soon also eat alone! :lol3: I can already imagine her next album "My Winter Stew", with the following cover:

Including hit-single "I eat alone"! :lol3:

I eat alone

I eat aloOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOone,
Every nip I take,
I eat aloOoOoOone.
My winter steEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEew,
Holding me awake,
It's never feEeEeEew,
when I eat my stew...

:nana:

I Miskolc!

Offline Hypnox

« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2007, 08:46:02 pm »
Maybe Tarja has BM bend also and uses this disguise to hide her real identity. :unsure:
I know I'm going to hell, and I'm bringing marshmallows.

Offline Beshtija

« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2007, 09:49:26 pm »
I like Nightwish, a lot  :)

About the new album - i have it on my mp3 player (after Theli), and then I fast forward to Over the Hills and Far Away, need I say more. Amaranth is ok, but other stuff is just meh. And I wonder whom are they referring to in Bye Bye Beautiful  ¬¬ ...

np. The Phantom of the Opera
~:Fire and Blood:~