Author Topic: Concert reviews  (Read 216216 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Concert reviews
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2006, 10:40:55 am »
Ok, my review here, haha:

Yesterday night I went to a concert of 3 young bands (well, at least not very known bands): Jaizkibel, Eternya and Tytania. When I arrived the first one was already on the stage, and we had lost some of the songs, as we were late (friends' friend fault, not mine  -_- ), but no problem at all as they were not so good. They played a strange mix of heavy, punk, whatever, and I think that all were covers.

The next one was better: ETERNYA! They are 7 on the (very little) stage, so it seemed really crowded. The songs were good, as good as I remember, but the voice of the girl was too low or the microphone has some problem, because it was hard to distinguish it, which is really a pity. They sounded to me more powerfull than in the songs I had until now by the pc.

Finnally it played Tytania, another gothic-band (according to the ticket they are medieval metal, but except the first song, they are more gothic than medieval). The female voice was very good and, luckily for them, it sounded louder (maybe she has more voice power, I don't know).

While the 3th group, I had the option to chat a bit with my friend the drummer, but not long time as they were busy waiting for the promoter of a local festival.. He has promised me a CD :nanana:  (where the voice will be clearer than in live  :( ).

After that... good night!  :P
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Concert reviews
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2006, 03:45:18 pm »
Glad you enjoyed Luth!

Hope you took your camara with you.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Concert reviews
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2006, 03:57:21 pm »
Hope you took your camara with you.
[snapback]7708[/snapback]

I didn't  :bawling:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 03:57:43 pm by Luthien »
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Concert reviews
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2006, 07:23:25 pm »
Hey Luth,

so Eternya played the songs you already knew? Or were there any new songs as well?

And... how does your neck feel today? :D

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Concert reviews
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2006, 07:34:00 pm »
Hi Markus!

Eternya played some songs I already knew and other ones that were new for me... as they played for 1h and I had less than 1h of music heard  :P

About the neck... it was not a very headbanging concert. Although I enjoyed it the same, with or without headbaning  :iconmi77kl:

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
Concert reviews
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2006, 08:56:19 pm »
Good for you, Luth!

I missed the Lake of Tears concert on the 11th, but, after all, I don't kill myself for LoT  :evil:

I've got EXCELLENT news, though! Therion is coming to Romania AGAAAAIN!!!  :wub:  :iconmi77kl:  :party43:  (sorry for all those smiles, but I'm so excited!)

I still don't have a date, but the gig's for this year, that's clear.

Namarie!

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Concert reviews
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2006, 02:41:56 pm »
Well, finally I've gathered energy to review the The Sisters of Mercy concert of last Saturday. First of all: it all was terrible. I've gone to very few concerts in my live, but I can say that this one will be the worst of all them, the past and the future ones. Well, step by step:

There was no opening band, what doens't matter to me but... at least, start at the hour, not more than half hour later! I know that 40 min was not a lot of time, but some people was in the venue for more than 2 hours ago. Well, before the band came to stage, the artificial smoke machines started to work and work and work... the way that the scenario was absolutely covered by smoke. Ok, that's normal, I know... at the beginning, not ALL the damn concert!!!! The visibility during the concert was more or less: 10% of the time you could see nothing, no bandmember on stage (covered by fog); 60% you could see the shadows of the three bandmembers; 30% you could even imagine some details like the yellowish t-shirt of the singer, the punk hair of the guitarrist, the other guitarrist (nothing special to say about him), the cigarrettes the singer was smoking ALL the concert... Well, you could see almost nothing but... what about the sound? AWFUL. First of all: only 3 persons on stage, the singer in the middle, one guitarrist on the left and the other guitarrist on the right. No drummer, no anything more. But the best of The Sisters (for me) is the voice of the singer. Which voice? He has no voice!!!! (but still, he was smoking all time, remember).

Well, some songs left, we see nothing, we hear few, some people start to whistle. Only interaction of the singer with the people was to ask us to shut up (no presentation, no saying the name of the songs, no "Hello Barcelona", nothing... again!). Then, they dissappear from the stage (or was the smoke which doesn't allow us to see them? nope, this time they're not there). It's too early for the false-leaving, but even so, I wish they'll come back (the ticket was too expensive for only 40 min show), and yes, they come back to play some more songs. Luckily, some of them are the more important, like "Dominion/Mother Russia", although the sound was so terrible (the voice mainly) that I couldn't enjoy it as I'd like. The voice decreasing, and the public protests increasing. Again, they dissappear from the stage and few minutes after that pops out a woman from the organization tellins us that the band is so sorry, because the singer has no voice and he can't sing anymore. She tells us not to throw the tickets but keep them because they promise to come back and offer us a free concert (I know, all we know they won't do!). And they'll play two more songs, but no more as the singer can't. First next song, only instrumental, and with the singer out from the stage (the punk  guitarrist jumping and moving all what he hasn't done before), and, finally, "In the Temple of Love", with almost only the secondary voices. A pity, because it was one of the good songs, but... The organization woman goes out again to apologize and ask for keeping our tickets, and good bye!

*sigh*

:ph34r:

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
Concert reviews
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2006, 05:19:54 pm »
HAHhaahha it was a terrible concert Luth from what u say .. don't worry next time it will be even better

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2006, 06:19:24 pm »
Well, welcome to the club Luth! :iconmi77kl:
That's the problem with Live shows, when they are good, you have the best time of your life, but they are bad you just feel that you have dropped a piece of your life... :ph34r: And, the biggest problem of all, is that you don't know which concert is gonna be a killer and which concert is gonna wake up your killer instincts :ph34r:. Thus, as for football games, you have to see them all to catch the good ones. :unsure:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Concert reviews
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2006, 04:18:32 pm »
Well, second review in really few time. I won't do it too long (I'm lazy :P ), but instead of text, I'll add some pictures. The camera is not good, and a lot of pics are absolutelly spoiled, but I have a few which are worthy to be added.

RAGE, April 22th 2006

First of all: Rage is great. Rage components are great. Rage is Rage. And, mainly, Mike Terrana is a monster!!!!!! The best drummer ever, I stared at him this way:  :blink:  IN-CRE-DI-BLE.

Second: fantastic albums, good sound, better bandmembers attitude towards the crowd. A long live as a band, and I wish they will be on stage even more!

Third: a "little" problem... a power cut. Not absolutely, but... let me explain. The concert was going well, fantastic in fact, when, in the middle of a song (don't remember which one), it happened this:

All stage sunk in darkness, and only one hugh green light remained, looking at the public. This way we couldn't see anything on stage, only cover our eyes which hurted so much for the extreme green lightening. The band didn't stop to play, and I thought "what a strange light effect!"... until the song finished, and it was clear that some power problem was there. Summarizing: more or less 45 min. with no show, no lights, a terrible (TERRIBLE!!!) heat, and the waiting of the cancellation in any moment. The good thing: the organization. First of all, somebody puts on stage some beers, and the bandmembers themself threw them to the crowd. After that, water bottles were given by all the venue. Even the bandmembers threw some RAGE t-shirts to people (only 5, I think, no one for me  :bawling: ). And the poor organization woman (the same who appeared in The Sisters of Mercy concert, btw), asking us not to leave and wait, as they were trying to fix the problems. After several minutes, some water bottles, beers and t-shits thrown, the woman appears again and tells us that power is ok and the concert will continue until the end. :iconmi77kl:

Indeed, the concert continued and it was fantastic, with one Mike Terrana solo, and one guitarrist solo (I don't remember his name), with tongue-guitar-playing included, and better Rage songs, from new album and old ones... Only bad thing (for me) was that, due to the extreme heat in the venue, and so long time waiting, I was really fainting, and I had to leave the place when they were playing the second bis (Higher than the sky), and I don't know if I lost one or two songs more (me and my "friend"). Besides that, all fantastic.

Ah! The pictures :P

Drummers God:

Guitarrist God:

Singer and bassist and frontman God:

The venue and the stage:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 05:19:12 pm by Luthien »

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Concert reviews
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2006, 05:26:09 pm »
Too bad that you had to leave early, Luth!

But it seems that you enjoyed the concert in general, and that's good to hear - especially after the recent disappointment. Seems you get rather big bands from time to time. :)

Cheers!

Markus

P.S.: BTW where's the indecent pic you promised us? :ph34r:
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Concert reviews
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2006, 05:33:54 pm »
P.S.: BTW where's the indecent pic you promised us? :ph34r:
[snapback]8636[/snapback]

Ehem... I never promised it  <_<

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
Concert reviews
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2006, 11:10:17 pm »
....not a review yet....

but...

I see Testament on 26/07  :evil:

Testament are probably my favourite band that are still together and touring (R.I.P. Coroner).

This is heavy metal perfection for me.  :ph34r:

PS:    :iconmi77kl:  :party43:  :iconmi77kl:

voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2006, 08:59:24 pm »
Well, well, well. It's the first week of July and that means that the Québec's music festival is on the move.
As usual, it's plenty of mean poppy bands, and among them we have Scorpions and Twisted Sister.
So, last saturday, I remembered my early days and went to their show :iconmi77kl: ... along with 80,000 crazy Quebequers... it was INSANE!
Man, the guys from those bands are pretty old now, but they still had enough energy to deliver a very solid performance. Very very impressive indeed.
Only bad point (besides the price of beer), Scorpions didn't play Dynamite :bawling:
Next show: Behemoth (again) on wednesday. :evil:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
Concert reviews
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2006, 03:18:52 pm »
heya people!

Today I will go see Paul D'ianno live. He was Iron Maiden's first singer and sang in Iron Maiden and Killers album. People are really expecting him to perform lots of the Killers songs more than his own music. I am afraid that if he doesn't people could get violent  :unsure:

But wish me good luck!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Re: Concert reviews
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2006, 02:18:08 pm »
Today I will go see Paul D'ianno live. He was Iron Maiden's first singer and sang in Iron Maiden and Killers album. People are really expecting him to perform lots of the Killers songs more than his own music. I am afraid that if he doesn't people could get violent  :unsure:
But wish me good luck!
Hey Eresh! D'ianno played here in town like two-three months ago but he didn't play many of the "killer" old Maiden songs. How did your went? :huh:
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2006, 04:25:06 am »
Heya Aluqak!

Well, here is the list of Iron Maiden songs he sang:

- Wrathchild (he started out with this one, the crowd went nuts!)
- Prowler
- Murders In The Rue Morgue (I love this one)
- Remember Tomorrow
- Phantom of the Opera
- Running Free
- Transylvania
- Killers
- Sanctuary

I feel like I am leaving smth out  :huh:

I was expecting Iron Maiden, but nothing :(, and MAYBE, just MAYBE Women in Uniform, but no :-(

He also sang some of his own stuff, but I must be honest and say I know nothing, but the tunes were enjoyable though.

He does a pretty good job performing the old Iron Maiden songs, and I had a great time. I felt this is as close to Iron Maiden I will ever get :bawl: I have no complains.

Oh! October 8 Stratovarius  :yeha:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:27:34 am by Ereshkigal »

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2006, 10:05:58 am »
Ehem... the best concerts Romanians will get to see this summer/fall are Placebo and Cesaria Evora  :blink: No metal band's comming over here!  :tongue:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2006, 01:52:00 pm »
Rumors say that Maiden will play here in october..... again :nana: (Guess who's gone be there? :unsure:)
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2006, 02:03:07 pm »
They will play in Barcelona, in September or October (I don't remember). But... I'm too old for so hugh crowd. Nope, I won't be there  :afaid: