Author Topic: Therionizing  (Read 34105 times)

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
Re: Therionizing
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 05:50:25 pm »
I have this spot with my best friends called ¨Quintas Papagayo¨, and is a private place near my house full of rocks besides the sea. We always go at least one time for week and I started to introduce Therion to them some years ago, and know the main anthem of our reunion is ¨Lemuria¨.

This is the magick place. I will propose to change the name to Lemuria instead Quintas Papagayo.

6 6 6

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 05:54:49 pm »
That's awesome Lava, more pictures please!

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 08:08:11 pm »
I only have this other one, but soon i´ll take some more.

6 6 6

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 11:43:53 pm »
Great thx, I want bigger ones!

Offline Mashkihitho

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 04:38:55 am »
Greetings! Mashkihitho here, sharing his ''Therionizing'' story.

I ''Therionized'' my brother!

He's way into Power and Haevy metal and doesn't like any other stuff that much.... until one day he listened to ''Gothic Kabbalah''. That day everything changed. He was mesmerized by Mats Levén and Snowy Shaw. Also fell in love with Katarina and thought that Lori was amazing. Anyways, he saw them back in 2008 in Mexico City and he called me from the concert, he astonished and thanked me for introducing them to him.

Last month the two of us saw Therion in Guadalajara!

Who knows who else would end up Therionized in the days to come.

Cheers!

Mashkihitho.
Nothing but the process is infinite!
 ....Eternal, Endless, Indefinite....

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 10:23:24 am »
Hey Mashkihitho,

that's a great story! It's always good to experience something special - as a Therion-concert, for instance - with a person who is close to you.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Dead Symphony

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010, 06:41:02 pm »
Lucy, I also love Opeth. But ok here's my story...
I 'think' I Therionized my girlfriends sister. I forget which song I was playing, I think it might've been something off of Vovin, mayhap Clavicula Nox. But my gf's sister said "Hey, this is pretty awesome, who is this?" And I was pretty proud of myself, because she normally listens to Disturbed and other bland radio metal. So I thought that was rad.

Now as for me, I was Therionized by one of my punk friends. One day we were hanging out at a buddy's house, and my punk friend and I were hungry, so I went w/ him to a drive through, and he put in a mixed CD, and "To Mega Therion" came up. What immediately got me hooked was the soprano singer. Just hearing her against a backdrop of metal guitars and choir singing got to me. Before then, I was mostly a thrash metal fan among other genres, listening to Slayer, Sacred Reich, Rammstein and the like,  but this new genre of classical metal music quite literally sung to me, heh. I also listen to classical music, (Gustav Holst, Wagner, Carl Orff, etc...) so I loved how Therion combined metal and classical. Now Therion is my absolute fave band.

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2010, 10:07:23 am »
I stopped Therionizing people, they were starting to hate me. The fact that 30 people that I know will go to gig in Croatia says it all  ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:39:27 pm by TheOFFman »

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 10:14:33 am »
Eya Offy! That means that Therion itself should pay you something as they're having a lot more people in the concert thanks to you! You're helping them making money!  :nana:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 05:48:57 pm »
Eya Offy! That means that Therion itself should pay you something as they're having a lot more people in the concert thanks to you! You're helping them making money!  :nana:

Not only that, my friends are also buying CDs, poster and such!  :D

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 07:31:10 am »
I therionized my mum! She likes Therion and wants to see their concert :)

It also happened because Thomas was inviting my mum (via mobile) at least twice :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 10:26:23 am »
Hehe, nice one, Agnes!

Would you tell us how it came to be that Thomas invited your mum? :blink: :wOOt:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Gevurah

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 10:57:49 am »
Sounds like you have a great mom Agnes. Please please share how did Thomas invite her.

we dragged a few people to the concert in 2010..well only 2  :nosweat: , and they left at half because of too much smoke in the tent.  :mad3: 
still i gave to a colleague at work a selection of therion..i have no news from him yet..so ...i can only hope it will be the firs real therionization   :drunk: 

G.

...Sail on the sea, come to me
Through the night
Pass through the gate
And steer your course
Until you reach the gods...

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 12:40:59 pm »
Just Therionized one of my facebook friends :D By the link on Nifelheim put on my wall  :hop:
But then again, who does.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 08:01:35 pm »
when I was seeing Thomas, my mum was calling me (not especially :P). first time was in Płock 2008. My mum called me while we were having a tea/coffee/beer in the centre of Płock. Thomas wanted to talk to my mum so I gave him my cellphone. He asked me how to say "you should be here now!" in Polish, helped him - so it was the first time. Next time was in November 2010 - My mum called me, she was thinking that Therion is going to Poland by plane (the weather was horrible), so she was wondering if they managed to get here. Guys were touring by bus so.. :) but a moment later I asked Thomas is he wants to talk to my mum again :P (good chance for my mum to learn some English :P), they talked like "How are you - fine .... you know :P" but it was a second moment when Thomas was inviting my mum to be at the concert.

She has visited Therion myspace website (or youtube) I think,checked their music and that's how she likes Therion :)

So next time I going with my mum :P

Btw. there were maaaany moments when my mum was waving to Thomas (and Thomas waving back) - I used to talk with Thomas on skype - videochat is the best.

ps. there was an idea of Thomas singing at my bro's wedding party (it was my idea). It didn't happen because he was singing next day after the wedding in Sweden. But my bro got a gift from Thomas - his shirt (this one from Siren of the woods 2007 adulruna tour) with some autographs - it stinks.. (it wasn't washed... ) good idea but impossible even to keep it in a car!

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 02:38:36 pm »
Agnes, that's a great story! Why don't you call Thomas to meet with us in Prague?  ;)

Offline Ignacio

• www.shusho.com.ar
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 08:09:11 pm »
Nowadays I'm Therionizing my girlfriend and the weapon of choice is Sitra Ahra. I think is an excellent album for introducing firiends into Therion.

Normally I try Therionizing everyone who visits me... Years ago I made for myself a T-Shirt (hand painted because the shops didnt have Therion merchandise back then) wich says "Therion" in the back and in front there is a design I copied from a picture of a magazine in wich Christofer was wearing a shirt with it (think it was a show in Mexico around 1999/2000) That T-shirt served well for starting talks about "what the hell is that Therion thing?".

Anyway,my best Therionizing victim is my cat "Don Gato" who always lays down near the sound speakers everytime Therion is playing!

Always in zugzuan.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 08:53:03 pm »
A cat with a taste for music? :wOOt: You have no idea just how perfectly you fit in here, man!

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Ignacio

• www.shusho.com.ar
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 10:48:36 pm »
Yeah! "Don Gato" is quite a special type of cat. Sometimes I wonder if he is not actually some kind of demon trapped in a cat's little boddy... His tastes in music, his attitudes, the strange crew of cultits that bring him milk every tuesday...

Always in zugzuan.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 10:52:04 pm »
Cool :- )) Cat the metalhead :lol:

I usually do not Therionize anyone actually... either they come to me ask on their own or I meet those who are already listeners of this great band. I feel unsympathetic about pushing someone into some music/movies/anything. Cause most of my friends simply do not listen the same music like I do :)

Great cuddle greets to Don Gato!
But then again, who does.