Author Topic: Recent Movies seen! :alien:  (Read 148146 times)

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
Re: Recent Movies seen! :alien:
« Reply #200 on: July 09, 2010, 04:19:19 pm »
Regarding Avatar, I have to admit that I enjoyed the visuals since it was the first 3D movie I watched but movie as a movies is horrible, so shallow, so predictable..

I've seen it a while ago, but I agree with you. Visuals were great, but the story was no good.

I agree too, the story was like Pocahontas.
6 6 6

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2010, 10:26:39 am »
Regarding Avatar, I have to admit that I enjoyed the visuals since it was the first 3D movie I watched but movie as a movies is horrible, so shallow, so predictable..

I've seen it a while ago, but I agree with you. Visuals were great, but the story was no good.

I agree too, the story was like Pocahontas.
...With CG and 3-meter tall blue people.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2010, 10:37:36 am »
...With CG and 3-meter tall blue people.

Night elves from Warcraft  :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2010, 12:06:55 am »
Death at a Funeral

A large family getting is getting together for a funeral. They end up with a naked guy sitting on top of the roof, two bodies in the coffin and a couple of LSD-pills going astray - among other absurdities. Dead funny!
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2010, 03:55:05 pm »
Inception, go watch, it can not and does not deserve to be described. Christopher Nolan is like Christofer but in movies  ;D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2010, 08:53:43 pm »
Just seen "I love you Phillip Morris" and all I can say that it was cUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUte! :wub:

Tomorrow's movie task: INCEPTION. :ninja: (While holding my sister's hand, and trembling, obviously. But I'm interested anyway. :D)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2010, 09:14:01 pm »
Interesting :) What is the movie about Lucy?

Hmm... I'll consider watching Inception cause it has very high ratings yet... but maybe I will wait until it's possible to get on a DVD. :) You know, basically I don't like cinemas  :lol: The sound use to be too much for me in there.
But then again, who does.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2010, 09:25:28 pm »
It's about a lovely swindler man who loves another man. :)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2010, 09:54:30 pm »
 :wOOt:

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2010, 06:39:34 pm »
Watched today : Predators!
Awesome movie to be honest  9/10 - it was not perfect becouse the storyline kinda fits with the normal movie : AVP

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2010, 09:51:30 pm »
I've just seen Toy Story 3. I think (not sure) I saw the first one long long ago... and I never saw the second. This one is... fantastic!!!! Incredibly fun! I am not used to laugh out loud in the cinema (I tend to laugh but not loud, to myself), but with this one I couldn't help. One of Pixar's best!  :hop: :insane: :wOOt: :nana:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2010, 11:08:38 am »
Toy Story 1 was awesome, Toy Story 2 is even better for me so i can't wait to watch Toy Story 3! Buzz Lightyear FTW! TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!  :hop:

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2010, 11:14:49 am »
On the planes I watched Alice in Wonderland, Clash of the Titans, Sherlock Holmes and Invictus.
Honestly, not the best movies ever, but at least entertaining for that 5-hour flight between Kuwait and Frankfurt.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2010, 05:14:10 pm »
Somehow I managed to see Inception this weekend (the cinema was crowed as hell!).
Really good stuff. I kinda expected the final twist, but it is still a rather good ending for a very entertaining movie. Highly recommended. :thumbup:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2010, 05:47:25 pm »
I saw it last Thursday too. But I don't have that good opinion about it. :blush: Sorry guys.
 I think it was ... hard to explain... it was directed, cut and such imho in too short time, like if they were in a big hurry so some places are really not well done. And even though I really don't like DiCaprio in face, he's great actor, but here? He can do much better  -_-

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »
Even though I really don't like DiCaprio in face, he's great actor, but here? He can do much better  -_-
You've got a point here Miji. He can do far better than that, but still.... I liked the storyline of the film
About the rush, and some places not well done, I don't know yet. I did perceive some inconsistencies here and there (the pursuit in the snow, for instance), but I'll have to watch it again (as I usually do with the movies I like) in order to make my head about it. :)
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2010, 10:28:54 pm »
I watched Predators tonight...
It was bad. Not just your regular type of bad, but the type of bad that is full of clichés with pretty much flat and stereotypical characters you always see in action movies (like having the African guy that carries an AK-47 and that has the bad fortune of dying first, a tough Latina chick, a Russian heavy weapons guy with an accent, an East Asian that wears a suit, uses a pistol and is skilled with a sword, and a "nerdy" guy that turns out to be a psycho killer), predictable story, predictable moments.
So unless you're going to watch it to laugh at how mediocre it is (or to see green blood) steer clear.

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2010, 12:02:41 am »
So unless you're going to watch it to laugh at how mediocre it is (or to see green blood) steer clear.
Hey! that sound like a perfect (and g.f.-less) Sunday night to me :wOOt: . However, I'll wait until the DVD is out. I hate to pay more than $5 for that kind of crap.
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2010, 12:24:19 am »
Last seen...

Pit and the Pendulum based on Poe's well known story :D Good movie, starring Vincent Price. Worth watching. Well made.
House of Usher based on the Poe's Fall of The House of Usher, I wasn't impressed because the story was pretty changed, but there was Vincent Price in it so... :D :D :D
House on the Haunted Hill again, one of the Vincent Price's movies :D:D Good one, at times scared the hell out of me, but then again, I get scared way too easily. Thought the ending was epic though.
And for the end...
Casablanca good movie, romantic in its essence, but I'm not too impressed...expected more from it, especially since it's so big and famous. Could be better, but still, worth watching.
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2010, 04:33:58 pm »
Last night I watch "The Steam Experiment", a kind of thriller where a mad scientist locks 6 people (3 men and 3 women) in a steam room. At the beginning I thought that it was going to be a total crap, and was waiting for some serious laughs before going to bed. However, the film turned to be descent enough to keep my interest until the end. It is not necessarily a good movie, but well, when you are expecting something really, really bad, it does surprise you a couple of times. To watch at your own risk, and only if there is no descent football on t.v. :nosweat:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:36:41 pm by Aluqak »
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?