Author Topic: How do you feel? (Mood)  (Read 767315 times)

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
Re: How do you feel? (Mood)
« Reply #2060 on: January 14, 2012, 05:59:35 pm »
I keep my fingers crossed for you, Agnes! :unsure:

What a find, Luthy, enjoy your Yoga classes! :wOOt:

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
« Reply #2061 on: January 14, 2012, 08:58:04 pm »
Agnes, I keep my fingers crossed, too!  :hug:
"Die gewöhnlichsten Irrschlüsse der Menschen sind diese: eine Sache existiert, also hat sie ein Recht." (F. Nietzsche)

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #2062 on: January 15, 2012, 12:10:44 am »
Best of luck Agnes. Fingers and toes crossed here.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #2063 on: January 15, 2012, 11:00:52 pm »
Hey folks,

Agnes, I hope the results will be ok. Even if they do find a glaucoma, that can be treated very well. But of course the best result would be that everything is fine. Keep us updated, please!

Luth, that sounds very promising. :thumbup: Keep us updated, too! My gym offers yoga classes as well. I think they're doing it just for becoming more flexible and relaxed... but I might go there in order to learn a couple of Asanas.

Myself, I feel a bit ill. Left the party early last night and spent the whole day in bed / in front of the TV. Got a light infect, I think, but I also think that the day of rest did me good. Still I'm a little sad that - due to my little illness - my parents couldn't come over for dinner as they were supposed to. We'll try again next Sunday.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2064 on: January 16, 2012, 08:58:48 am »
Get well, High Priest! :unsure:

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #2065 on: January 16, 2012, 06:50:11 pm »
Get well, Markus.

Again about me. I've just come back home from the oculist and the job interview.

Oculist:
She didn't like my result of the right eye. I have to do another test called GDx ECC :( . I will do the test on Thursday at 5pm (at least it's all free of charge, because I have an insurance).

Job interview:
The target of the boss (lady) is to hire a person for a full-time job. If they take me, I will work 3/4-time job. They want to pay 1200PLN as the basic remuneration + 20% of basic as extra when I am good + 2% from each contract with customers signed by me. Sounds fair. I think she liked me, we had a nice talk, we talked about my internship in the Chancellery of President, as well as my job in English School. The Empik School also offers lower prices for the courses in foreign languages as well as trainings in the professional service of the customers.

They will call me in the end of the next week with the info if I got the job or not.

ps. Group huuuuug!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:46:43 am by Agnes »

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2066 on: January 16, 2012, 07:03:43 pm »
Dives into the group hug :huglove:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2067 on: January 16, 2012, 07:08:51 pm »
Joins group hug

Agnes, still there are some positives - at least You know that the doctor wants to check all properly and won't neglect anything.  :hug2:
But then again, who does.

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #2068 on: January 17, 2012, 08:54:38 am »
Grrroouupp huugg!!

I'm better...at last I got my fever down under 37 degress...I was asleep from 18 PM to 8 in the morning  ^_^
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #2069 on: January 17, 2012, 12:42:26 pm »
Wow, Saphi,

what a long sleep! But you're right, sometimes that is just the best cure. :thumbup: I'm glad you're better. So am I, BTW - seems my day of rest did it, too.

Agnes, I'm sorry to hear that. But keep your head up - with the aid of the doctor you'll be fine. I'm crossing my fingers for the bad results to be a false alert, anyway - and of course I'm crossing them  for you to get the job, too!

Cheers and group hugs!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2070 on: January 17, 2012, 07:17:42 pm »
How are You now Saphy? :)

Myself I am feeling quite fine and nervous at the same time.
I got the money on Monday so today we went with my bf to Lenovo center to check the notebooks we want but haven't decided yet. Also forgot to set my card for higher payments so it would not work anyway - we could buy only one notebook.
So I checked the other stores and shopped clothes :blush: There were huge sales everywhere so I did not spent much money anyway but this was the first real shopping spree in my life ever - like in the movies  :lol:
Finally after few years of wearing old (not to my age much fitting already) and ragged stuff I have some nice elegant things (also some funny too of course!) :blush:

Nervous - that's because of chosing the right notebook. It's a huge amount of money to pay for my own and also to pay for his notebook.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #2071 on: January 18, 2012, 01:43:24 am »
Congrats on the new clothes, Kris! :)

About the notebooks, you'll buy the right stuff - just consider very well what you want to do with them and then ask for advice with computer geeks or a good and trustworthy shop.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
« Reply #2072 on: January 18, 2012, 10:38:18 pm »
And from me, too:
How are you, Saphira?

Agness, I hope everything will be OK! At least you're aware of this problem. We all know that forewarned is forearmed.

Well, I use Sony Vaio notebook and my friend has Asus. They're almost the same and cost the same, but I guess mine works much better.
"Die gewöhnlichsten Irrschlüsse der Menschen sind diese: eine Sache existiert, also hat sie ein Recht." (F. Nietzsche)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2073 on: January 19, 2012, 12:04:45 am »
Agnes, You got the test today (it's 0:03) right?  Please let us know!

Saphy, how are You feeling? Has the illness come away?

VT: Well, I decided to go for Lenovo (former IBM) or Dell. Both are (together with Apple but that's different) most expensive on our market still Lenovo notebooks have great pluses... but the price are usually too high.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #2074 on: January 19, 2012, 12:40:26 am »
it's today, but at 5pm ;)  I have MSI netbook, if we talk about notebooks. Heard that Acer is rather weak company.. Asus should be good :) Anyway, my little MSI is ok, good to put in a handbag :)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2075 on: January 19, 2012, 11:16:33 am »
I don't like Acer nor Asus, they are both very ... well - it's just "nice" notebooks and it gets broken in first 6 months. All my friends have bad experience with these.
Very good service and quality provides Apple (You can configure Your own notebook to Your needs) but it's so expensive and also here in Central Europe almost nobody uses it so You are simply not compatible with anyone else which is rather stupid.

So I am still chosing :/ I don't want to leave Lenovo (IBM) cause I had their notebook as a second owner (made in 2003) and after 4 years I kept it it had never had an accident until last 6 months. So 9 years without any breakage hardware or softwere. I know Lenovo is not IBM so it won't be that good anymore stil I trust those notbeooks more than the others and I like the simple design and army parameters (very good for travelling then).

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2076 on: January 19, 2012, 02:40:35 pm »
You could always go for a Dell. I've been an avid user of Dells for over a decade now, and while in my care, not a single Dell has run into any major issues.
And another piece of advice: Avoid HP like a plague. Unless it's a printer, which lately is only horrible with its software; and that's half acceptable, I guess.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2077 on: January 19, 2012, 04:41:50 pm »
Oh noes, I hate HP as well as all the crappy Asuses and Acers and all other. I would go possibly only for Dell or Lenovo or Packard Bell (but they don't have anything in my parameters).

Hm, about Dell - that's here in my country too expensive - after Apple the most expensive. I mean, a notebook with price of 800 dollars in US (and with software worth that price) costs 1600 dollars in here. I am not going to support that and besides - I got an info from inside that the Dells aren't also what they were and I was advice not to buy anything from them now.

I am almost decided for one ThinPad but still it has just simple HDD and some of the shitty companies already offer SSD or hybrid discs. SSD is of course much better but still so expensive in here.
It's really hard to find something wich is not astronomically overpriced.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2078 on: January 19, 2012, 05:41:37 pm »
Unless you're expecting that your computer sees a lot of violent action, an HDD should be alright.
Just saying... :whistle:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2079 on: January 19, 2012, 06:05:35 pm »
Well, the difference between HDD and SSD is like between speed of sound and speed of light... :-/

But the conclusion is that now it's not the good time for SSD anyway. It's just pity... only Apple offers some reasonable SSD - with unreasonable price.