Author Topic: About Tarja and so off...  (Read 74122 times)

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
About Tarja and so off...
« on: January 27, 2008, 09:25:44 am »
This is a request for NeMo (or anyone who knows the answer), and a place for Tarja-related discussions. :wink2:

You mentioned Tarja Halonen the Nightwish topic, and I remembered that I wanted to know something, and never found the answer. I’ve read about the Finnish Independence Day Party:

The new DVD “End of the Innocence” was released in October 2003 worldwide.
At this point the year has already been very successful for Tarja, but it was definitely crowned by the invitation received from Finnish President Tarja Halonen and husband Dr. Arajärvi to assist to the President's Palace for the Finnish Independence Day Party, the most important social event of the country that takes place every year.

Tarja Turunen achieved a new status when Yle TV Station official web page named her as The Most Impressive dressed lady in the party according to the people vote. Also the most important Finnish daily Newspapers as Ilta Lehti and Ilta Sanomat awarded her as the Queen of the Night and the Second Most Impressive dressed lady respectively.

And, being a lady, I’m curious to see her dress but I couldn’t find it... ??? Does anyone have a picture of her wearing that dress?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:05:52 am by Lucy »

Offline MissSwan

• I'm a lady, not a rock bitch
Re: About Tarja
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 12:13:20 pm »
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Swan_Heart/

there you go hon, first there are some promo pics of her in that dress and then some pictures from that actual event

:wub: that's one of my all-time favourite Tarja outfits :wub:
Burning crystals of light, the gem of Lucifer...

Proud Mats Leven Fan

Tidesson, I'm your follower until Heaven's gate...

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 12:29:34 pm »
:wOOt: Thank You very much! :yeha:

Whoa, she is so beautiful... :wub:

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 08:16:08 pm »
Wooow..Tarja looks so..perfect.. :wub:..I  love that outfit!
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 12:04:44 am »
Ah Tarja... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

@MissSwan: I remember seeing those pics before but thanks for refreshing my memory... :thumbup: I have a hard time finding Tarja's pics on the Internet lately. :blink: And I also have a hard time finding detailed MWS reviews! :unsure: Have you maybe written some? If yes, please share it with us, and if not what do you wait? :)

Btw, I became The Seer addicted! :blink: And this time, can you imagine that, not because of Tarja's voice! :o But because of the guitars. 8) Tarja's voice is perfect as always but those guitars sound so heavy and deep... I can feel them in my stomach! :music: :blink: :music: I like the combination of Tarja's voice and heavy guitars, they blend so perfectly, like they were meant to be for each other... ^_^

Btw, to all you who like Tarja's way of dressing, check that link! :wink2: Beside the great song, you'll see some astonishing Tarja's shosts... the latest tour included. ^_^
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:06:21 am by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline MissSwan

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 06:39:13 pm »
new Tarja video for Die Alive: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n346vyPhHc8

Proud Mats Leven Fan

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 07:53:43 pm »
OMG... for the first 1min she look like a man... ugly feminised man...   :fish:
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline MissSwan

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 08:11:48 pm »
excuse me... :blink:

Proud Mats Leven Fan

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:11:20 pm »
If I haven't known that I'm watching Tarja..I would probably think at first that it's a man..at the beginning.

@NeMo:thanks for the link!  :thumbup:
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 02:06:12 pm »
new Tarja video for Die Alive: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n346vyPhHc8

She wears that dress from the last tour, she found it in that room and took it on! :wOOt: One of my favourites... the one in which she looks more witchy than bitchy (usually it is other way around ;D)...

Btw that video is creepy! A dog biting Tarja, all those rats around... :afaid: Way creepier than I walk alone... :ninja:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 03:21:15 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 03:36:06 pm »
Both videos wouldn't go among my favorites... But they are well made, that is a fact.
Again, does anyone else think that Tarja should try using her Operatic voice (sort of as in NW's "Oceanborn") as well?
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 03:49:16 pm »
Again, does anyone else think that Tarja should try using her Operatic voice (sort of as in NW's "Oceanborn") as well?

I think she cannot sing the way she did on Oceanborn anymore. Because back then she was a beginner, she had studied the singing for only couple of years... ;) But today she is able to sing in this way! :wub: I would like to have at least one song on the new album sung like that... ^_^
I Miskolc!

Offline Lasse

• Loyal Cell Spammer
  • Loyal Member
    • ze last.fm
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 09:40:45 pm »

That kind of voice was mostly because of the heavy editing and effects (her voice needed much work at the time).
Kék hajnal kihasad, feltör, kék ingem kiszabom az égből, kék ingem lobogó, s nézd csak - kék erdőn korona a harmat.

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 03:33:49 pm »
Oh, finally a topic like this! Now we can finally stop spamming that Nightwish topic  -_-  :biggrin:

and considering the new video... well, I dunno... it's so-so... I do like her dress though...  :biggrin: I wish I found a dress like that one on the piano  :lol: and she does look kinda weird at the beginning  :unsure: but all in all, it's okay...   -_- The 'I walk alone' video is much better IMHO.

However, they should have made a video to The Seer rather than to this song...  :wub:  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
but okay  :lol:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 06:30:03 pm »
@Lasse: what do you think is Tarja soprano or mezzo-soprano? :unsure:

Oh, finally a topic like this! Now we can finally stop spamming that Nightwish topic  -_-  :biggrin:

Indeed we can, but the the question is "Do we want to?". :fish:

I wish I found a dress like that one on the piano  :lol:

Errr... the piano? :blink:

and she does look kinda weird at the beginning  :unsure:

Oh no... not you too! :ninja: First DD says Tarja looks like an ugly feminised man and then suddenly everybody thinks the same... you have all fallen under his influence I say! :nana:

However, they should have made a video to The Seer rather than to this song...  :wub:  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Yes The Seer! :wOOt: And after that Boy and the Ghost too... and  then The Poison... and Oasis too... and... and... :biggrin:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:21:07 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 07:03:55 pm »
Oh no... not you too! :ninja: First DD says Tarja looks like an ugly feminised man and then suddenly everybody thinks the same... you have all fallen under his influence I say! :nana:

Yes... I'm the manipulator.  :tongue:

Luth, I want my rank being changed from "Revolution Leader" to "Chief Manipulator" :lol3:

:ninja:
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 08:44:55 pm »

:blink: haha  :nosweat: I kinda convinced myself it was a piano...  maybe I should watch it once more?  :nosweat:

What? She does look weird! Oh come on!  :tongue:

Yes The Seer! :wOOt: And after that Boy and the Ghost too... and  then The Poison... and Oasis too... and... and... :biggrin:

:wOOt: that's right! Poison!  :wub: 
and don't forget Damned Vampires & Gothic Divine...and Ciaran's Well...and...and...  :biggrin:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 08:57:21 pm »

:blink: haha  :nosweat: I kinda convinced myself it was a piano...  maybe I should watch it once more?  :nosweat:

Let me admit something... :innocent: I also thought it was a piano while watching the video for the first time... and I posted that! :lol3: But then I watched it more thoroughly and realized that it was actually a table... :wacko: And I edited my post, I hope nobody saw that... :P I put instead just room, because I was afraid that it might turn out it's neither a table! :afaid:
:biggrin:

What? She does look weird! Oh come on!  :tongue:

Looks quite normally to me... :P
Btw, I'm under DD's influence only during the chat, although even then I resist and say a lot of things directly into his face. :fish: But as soon as the chat window is closed, I'm again 100% mine... ;D
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 08:27:57 pm »
Let me admit something... :innocent: I also thought it was a piano while watching the video for the first time... and I posted that! :lol3:

that's right! It was you!
That's why I thought it was a piano...cuz I read it  :mad3: well thank you  :tongue:  :insane:

Btw, I'm under DD's influence only during the chat, although even then I resist and say a lot of things directly into his face. :fish: But as soon as the chat window is closed, I'm again 100% mine... ;D

you have to decide under whose influence you are, NeMo!  :fish: You cannot be under everyone's influence! Like...jeez!  :lol3:
 Or can you? :ninja:  :fish:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 08:55:06 pm »
Let me admit something... :innocent: I also thought it was a piano while watching the video for the first time... and I posted that! :lol3:

that's right! It was you!
That's why I thought it was a piano...cuz I read it  :mad3: well thank you  :tongue:  :insane:

Seems like someone is under MY influence... :fish:

you have to decide under whose influence you are, NeMo!  :fish:

And who is telling me that? ::) Don't forget that I still read the official forum... And after that I can only say that I do NOT want to read your MSN history... :ninja: :afaid: :biggrin:

And now back to the topic... the production of guitars and drums on Tarja's album and new Avantasia reminds me very much. They sound somehow "sharper" and less in the background than "usually" (who said Finnvox? :P). Btw, I like new Avantasia! :thumbup:

I'm happy I'll have something to enjoy in the days to come even if new Avantasia disappoints me! :afaid: And that CAN happen... those EPs... Lost In Space :-\... it's not that I dislike them but they sound somehow too much "happy", if you know what I want to say (notice I didn't say "gay" :biggrin:). I miss the darker sound of the old Avantasia...

Fortunately, it did not disappoint me... it sounds less "happy" than those EPs.
I would be so happy to see Tobi and Tarja cooperate one day... *drools* They should call the project T&T (short for Tobi & Tarja or Tarja & Tobi :P), and the album name could be D&D (short for Dandy & Diva or Diva & Dandy :P)... :biggrin:

@Lucy: would you please edit your first post and change the topic title into "About Tarja and Tobi". :) This forum unfortunately does not have enough "discussion capacity" to afford having separate topics about each band, they all just die after several posts... mine usually being the last one... :biggrin: But now I would REALLY like to discuss about new Avantasia with someone... :-\

Btw. I love new Avantasia lyrics  :wOOt:

And what do you think about the music DD?

21st time and still counting...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 09:48:55 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!