Author Topic: About Tarja and so off...  (Read 74098 times)

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
Re: About Tarja
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 09:16:20 pm »
Avantasia...
Music is not exactly my taste anymore. I love most of the playing except keyboard parts.
Vocal is... too powerish... It has been long time since I was listening to that kind of music. But it is not necessary bad thing. Sometimes I find it refreshing.
I guess I just need to get used to it again.

The album all in all is fantastic, but I think less powerful than Metal Opera pt.1 and some parts of pt.2 that sometimes gave me shivers.
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 10:02:15 pm »
The album all in all is fantastic, but I think less powerful than Metal Opera pt.1 and some parts of pt.2 that sometimes gave me shivers.

I agree with this... The Metal Opera pt. 1 and 2 also gave me shivers, but The Scarecrow does not. I cannot easily decide which one is my favourite but I guess it would be Part 2, because of the song The Seven Angels, my definite Avantasia #1 (and because Bob Catley is there... a really nice voice :))... but it was really close. Almost all singers sing in that song, and they change all the time! One sings couple of sentences and then the next one... and so on through 15min! Powerful! :bow: That is something I generally prefer about The Metal Operas to The Scarecrow, more changes of singers. :thumbup:
However, I think The Scarecrow is still a great album, with great performers on it... Roy Khan is also there! Btw, I will see him live soon... :yeha: Michael Kiske is there too, I like him... and Bob Catley too! ^_^
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 10:07:50 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 10:48:52 pm »
The Seven Angels is masterpeace, but I can't say pt.2 is better only because of that song. Without it, that album would be nothing.

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 03:17:23 pm »
The Seven Angels is masterpeace, but I can't say pt.2 is better only because of that song. Without it, that album would be nothing.

I disagree. I think the whole album is a masterpiece, except maybe for two last songs Memory and Into the Unknown... I find them somehow weak... :unsure: Even Sharon den Adel didn't save the last one... And how could she when she sings only 15 seconds! :mad: But I almost die during the first four songs - first two there is Michael Kiske and the next two Bob Catley! ^_^ Pity that's all Kiske sings in the second part, because his character, that druid, gets killed in the story or something... :unsure: Luckily, we've gotten more than enough of him in the first part! :thumbup: And a little bit in the third part... 8)

And here is the link to the official video for Carry Me Over. Freeze it on 1:54... isn't that guy resembling you to OFFy a little? ;D

@Lucy: haha, I like the new title of the topic... it's PERFECT for me! :) I like to speak about everything, mentioning Tarja here and there... ;D Speaking about Tarja....mmmmmmmmmmm... those cheekbones... :wub: Is anybody else here in love with Tarja's cheekbones? :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:32:53 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
Re: About Tarja and so off...
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 04:18:35 pm »
no! stop spamming this topic you guys!
spamming is bad  :disgust:   :fish:

edit: oopsie, I haven't seen that ''and so on...'' addition to the title of the topic  :nosweat:
all apologies  :whistle:  :pop:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 04:51:31 pm by Mystique »
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 04:36:26 pm »
edit: oopsie, I haven't seen that ''and so on...'' addition to the title of the topic  :nosweat:
all apologies  :whistle:  :pop:

and so on...? and so OFF! :disgust:

@Misti: please take a deep breath before you click on the post button next time... :pop:
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 04:51:47 pm »
my mistake...
happy now?  :roll-eyes:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 06:41:54 pm »
New single cover:

:bow:

Those cheekbones... she is beautiful... :wub:

Btw, did you know that this new video was also shot in Berlin, like "I walk alone"! I think that makes Berlin even more cool... ;D

And more of Tarja...

Tarja singing this neat song from that fabulous Webber's musical "The Phantom Of The Opera":  The Music of the Night ^_^

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:42:10 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 09:04:28 pm »
hmmm..what to say...beautiful beautiful voice  :wub:..and the colour of the dress suits her very much..it's just that the dress.looks a bit uncomfortable to me..

and I like the new single cover!She looks like a queen!..  :bow:.(well, I mean she always does  :P)
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 10:27:05 pm »

OMG, she looks retarded  :lol3:

posting in a forum - free
new camera - 50€
new computer - 200€
touristic travel to space - 1,000,000€
pissing off Tarja fan - PRICELESS
for everything else, there is Mastercard

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 10:31:05 pm by deathdancer »

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 10:36:20 pm »
OMG, she looks retarded  :lol3:

@DD: let me guess... ugly feminised man again? :P

@Misti: just try to agree with DD this time! :ninja:
I Miskolc!

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 01:37:40 pm »
@DD: let me guess... ugly feminised man again? :P
no...  :blink:

I said:
"OMG, she looks retarded"

meaning:
She has a face in strange position, jaws opened and hands flying through the air uncontrolled.

ok... I think I should stop now  :unsure:

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2008, 02:27:12 pm »
OMG I love that song as well as the whole musical! OMG!  :wub:
oh and by the way, I love the dress Tarja's wearing in the video...have I already said that?  :nosweat: yes I have...  :pop: maybe it would be better to ask...HOW MANY times have I said that?  :biggrin:
but it's simply  :bow:

@Misti: just try to agree with DD this time! :ninja:

is that a karma boosting challenge?  :insane:

Offline Lasse

• Loyal Cell Spammer
  • Loyal Member
    • ze last.fm
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2008, 03:43:12 pm »
@Lasse: what do you think is Tarja soprano or mezzo-soprano? :unsure:

Tarja used to be a mezzo, but now she's a lyrical soprano, I think the change was around 2002-2004. Her range expanded and her sound also changed.

And I don't like that Music of the night. Sounds bad when she sings the deeper parts, she has way too much and lazy vibrato, and that high note is powerless. She often sounds like she's "climbing up" to the notes, not hitting them normally in the beginning.

But anyway, this is not the topic for serious discussion, sorry for bothering you. :P :nana:

Ps. Avantasia sucks. :muaha: :sofa:
Kék hajnal kihasad, feltör, kék ingem kiszabom az égből, kék ingem lobogó, s nézd csak - kék erdőn korona a harmat.

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 04:00:51 pm »
Tarja used to be a mezzo, but now she's a lyrical soprano, I think the change was around 2002-2004. Her range expanded and her sound also changed.

How is that possible? ??? You are born with a range that can change a bit in the puberty but not when you are 25? :unsure:

But anyway, this is not the topic for serious discussion, sorry for bothering you. :P :nana:

The topic? You mean THE FORUM! :biggrin:

Ps. Avantasia sucks. :muaha: :sofa:

OK Lasse. I'll forgive you that if you give the correct answer to the following question... :P

Tarja ? Anette

> or < :biggrin:

edit:

Btw, did you know that this new video was also shot in Berlin, like "I walk alone"! I think that makes Berlin even more cool... ;D

Oh and one more thing that makes Berlin even MORE cool... I live there! 8) How could I forget that one... ;D

23rd time and still counting...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:01:59 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Lasse

• Loyal Cell Spammer
  • Loyal Member
    • ze last.fm
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2008, 06:15:32 pm »

How is that possible? ??? You are born with a range that can change a bit in the puberty but not when you are 25? :unsure:

Your voice is fully developed around the age of 35, Tarja's still only 30. Yes, you're pretty much born with a range, but you need to learn how to use it. It's not a matter of doing a school, it's a never-ending learning process. Ask Lori, she's a pretty experienced singer, yet she still had new experiences with Therion. :)

Or another example is Simone from Epica, she was and still is a mezzo, but she's getting better and better in handling higher ranges (she's only 23 now, so anything can happen). Their last album has some pretty challanging vocal lines.

OK Lasse. I'll forgive you that if you give the correct answer to the following question... :P

Tarja ? Anette

That's an easy one. ^_^

Tarja > Anette

No matter how imperfect Tarja is for a real classical singer, I still loved her work with Nightwish. (And I also love some of her solo stuff.) :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:19:28 pm by Lasse »
Kék hajnal kihasad, feltör, kék ingem kiszabom az égből, kék ingem lobogó, s nézd csak - kék erdőn korona a harmat.

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2008, 06:51:42 pm »
Or another example is Simone from Epica, she was and still is a mezzo, but she's getting better and better in handling higher ranges (she's only 23 now, so anything can happen).

Sorry if this is to sound stupid, but I think I've read somewhere that it is the timbre(colour) of the voice that primarily determines whether someone is soprano or mezzo and not the range. So that it can happen that some mezzos can go higher than some sopranos? :unsure:

That's an easy one. ^_^

Tarja > Anette

And what about this one... :biggrin:

Avril ? Anette

No matter how imperfect Tarja is for a real classical singer, I still loved her work with Nightwish. (And I also love some of her solo stuff.) :biggrin:

I'll answer to this one by quoting YOU! :nana:

How can someone not like her? :bow: ::fanboy:: :biggrin:

:biggrin:
I Miskolc!

Offline Lasse

• Loyal Cell Spammer
  • Loyal Member
    • ze last.fm
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 07:01:32 pm »

Sorry if this is to sound stupid, but I think I've read somewhere that it is the timbre(colour) of the voice that primarily determines whether someone is soprano or mezzo and not the range. So that it can happen that some mezzos can go higher than some sopranos? :unsure:

Yes, but the colour can change also (just like pretty much everything can change). Simone has a much sweeter, lighter voice now than 4 years ago (apart from being able to handle higher notes). I wouldn't say mezzo to her now, but she keeps saying she's a mezzo, so whatever.

And what about this one... :biggrin:

Avril ? Anette

Avril > or = Anette
Avril at least writes some own music, she plays guitar, and doesn't yodel in live concerts. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:05:27 pm by Lasse »

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2008, 09:38:29 pm »

Avril > or = Anette
Avril at least writes some own music, she plays guitar, and doesn't yodel in live concerts. :biggrin:

hehehehe.. :lol3:..yodel.. :insane:
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Lasse

• Loyal Cell Spammer
  • Loyal Member
    • ze last.fm
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 10:38:14 pm »
How would you calll this as not yodeling? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNzLTas_un0