Author Topic: National news.  (Read 154658 times)

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Re: National news.
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 01:45:39 pm »
Hey thee,
Here in Canada, the G-8 summit is also in the news. Especially the "green" plan made by the conservative gouvernment that is supposed to be the perfect balance between the European and American ways... I still don't understand why they insist in calling that thing "green", while under some "particular" circumstances it will allow the industries to pollute even more than they do now :disgust:

Ayway, the other big topic on the news is the Stanley Cup final.... which is the big cup in North American ice hockey. Well, for the first time, Ottawa's team has made to the final... but they are playing bad and are loosing the series (to the best of 7 games). If they loose tonight Anaheim will be the champions....  :unsure:
Anaheim?...
Goes and check in the US map ... Man, that's in California!... they don't even have natural ice on there!
.... whatever :disgust:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:47:26 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2007, 12:33:09 am »

Believe it or not this is still news , look that amount of cash DAMN!!!

yo yo yo :)

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/cmsocial/bol07/mar/F110-2.jpg
Scripta Manet

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 09:19:00 am »
Today we have a national holiday. The Day of Czech Statehood.
Name Václav fall on this day - it's name of Czech patron st. Wencelsas

It reminds me of old English Christmas carol. We had to sing it in English lessons. I tried to find somethim more about the carol on wiki and this captured my imagination:

'"Good King Wenceslas" is a popular Christmas carol about a king who goes out to give alms to a poor peasant on St. Stephen's Day (December 26), the day after Christmas. In the journey, his page gives up the struggle against the cold weather and is aided by the king who provides the miracle of the warmth that’s needed in his footprints in the snow. The subject of the carol is the historical Saint Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia (907-935).

The tune is to "Tempus Adest Floridum" ("It is time for flowering"), a 13th-century spring carol, first published in the Swedish/Finnish Piae Cantiones, 1582. The carol is also found in Carmina Burana as CB 142. "Tempus Adest Floridum" was translated into English as "The Flower Carol", and was recorded by Jean Ritchie on the album "Carols For all Seasons" (1959), with the "Good King Wenceslas" tune.

In 1853, G. J. R. Gordon, Her Majesty's Envoy and Minister at Stockholm, gave a rare copy of the 1582 edition of Piae Cantiones to The Reverend John Mason Neale (Warden of Sackville College, East Grinstead, Sussex) and to The Reverend Thomas Helmore (Vice-Principal of St. Mark's College, Chelsea). The book was entirely unknown in England at that time.
But then again, who does.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 06:04:37 pm »
Today we have a national holiday. The Day of Czech Statehood.
Name Václav fall on this day - it's name of Czech patron st. Wencelsas

Is the Wenceslas Square named after him?

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 06:14:25 pm »
Yes, it is (: And the big statue in the top part of square - it's him.

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 08:17:40 pm »
In Croatia there aren't good news...
The court in Haag sentenced 1 man 20 year in prison, 1 man 5 years in prison and 1 was liberated of charges.
They are guilty of war crimes and massacre of at least 264 people taken from hospital.
There is whole stand up of people here... they can't believe such small sentenced wore decided.
The Croatian government has put official protest note to UN and court in Haag.
Some people and political parties are even requesting that we brake all connections to court in Haag. (Witch would be bad in my opinion because there are few Croatian people accused of war crimes as well).

Anyway... I think this will be one BIG step back between relationships of Croatia and Serbia.
And I'm just waiting to hear all the hate-speeches all over again  :sick:
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 08:19:16 pm »
I've heard about that, Deathy... :(

Offline Tzar-0

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 09:17:11 pm »
In Croatia there aren't good news...
The court in Haag sentenced 1 man 20 year in prison, 1 man 5 years in prison and 1 was liberated of charges.
They are guilty of war crimes and massacre of at least 264 people taken from hospital.
There is whole stand up of people here... they can't believe such small sentenced wore decided.
The Croatian government has put official protest note to UN and court in Haag.
Some people and political parties are even requesting that we brake all connections to court in Haag. (Witch would be bad in my opinion because there are few Croatian people accused of war crimes as well).

Anyway... I think this will be one BIG step back between relationships of Croatia and Serbia.
And I'm just waiting to hear all the hate-speeches all over again  :sick:

:mad: :wacko:

In Belgium....we don't have a government since the 21 of june (the federal elections)...and now finally it seems possible to form a goverment but we don't know how or when  :nosweat:

Offline VladH

• Shapeshifter
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Dead
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2007, 02:53:43 am »
I wondered where to put this but finally (because of nationality of band) I will insert it here...

Vitek - Decapitated drummer died after car accident...

On October 29th 2007, whilst travelling to a show in Gomel, Belarus, the band were involved in an automobile accident. Their tour bus collided with a truck carrying wood, injuring Vitek and Covan seriously. They were put in intensive care at a local hospital in Novozybkov, Russia. The bus was said to be 'beyond repair' following the crash, an indication of the seriousness of the collision. On November 1, 2007, the family of Covan released a statement that said that Covan's condition was improving, but Vitek's condition was not. The following day, the Polish Internet Portal website Onet.pl released a statement that said Vitek underwent trepanation to try and relieve some of the pressure exerted on his brain. On November 2, 2007, Witold ``Vitek`` Kieltyka was declared dead due to injuries sustained from the bus accident.

Rest in Peace
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 02:59:29 am by VladH »
The Longships are coming...

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2007, 06:41:34 pm »
Darn, that's really bad news. That guy was a heck of a good drummer ... and I was very happy 'cause I was going to see them play in December with Amon Amarth.  :-[
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
    • me
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2007, 02:34:35 am »

Mexico (Tabasco) is under water

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/466239.stm
Scripta Manet

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 07:00:59 pm »
Some 'good' news from France that I thought was worth sharing:

Four members of an underground "cultural guerrilla" movement known as the Untergunther, whose purpose is to restore France's cultural heritage, were cleared on Friday of breaking into the 18th-century monument in a plot worthy of Dan Brown or Umberto Eco.

For a year from September 2005, under the nose of the Panthéon's unsuspecting security officials, a group of intrepid "illegal restorers" set up a secret workshop and lounge in a cavity under the building's famous dome. Under the supervision of group member Jean-Baptiste Viot, a professional clockmaker, they pieced apart and repaired the antique clock that had been left to rust in the building since the 1960s. Only when their clandestine revamp of the elaborate timepiece had been completed did they reveal themselves.
"When we had finished the repairs, we had a big debate on whether we should let the Panthéon's officials know or not," said Lazar Klausmann, a spokesperson for the Untergunther. "We decided to tell them in the end so that they would know to wind the clock up so it would still work.

"The Panthéon's administrator thought it was a hoax at first, but when we showed him the clock, and then took him up to our workshop, he had to take a deep breath and sit down."

The group managed to connect the hideaway to the electricity grid and install a computer connected to the net.

Klausmann and his crew are connaisseurs of the Parisian underworld. Since the 1990s they have restored crypts, staged readings and plays in monuments at night, and organised rock concerts in quarries. The network was unknown to the authorities until 2004, when the police discovered an underground cinema, complete with bar and restaurant, under the Seine. They have tried to track them down ever since.

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/art/heritage/story/0,,2217212,00.html  :biggrin:
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2007, 06:56:49 pm »
So um... News here.
Elections coming up tomorrow... The president wishes to change the constitution and there have been student riots in Caracas... The voting will be held nation-wide in schools. (Therefore, all of them have been closed since Thursday!)
Riots expected on Monday, no matter what the result is. :afaid:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
    • me
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2007, 12:09:57 am »
So um... News here.
Elections coming up tomorrow... The president wishes to change the constitution and there have been student riots in Caracas... The voting will be held nation-wide in schools. (Therefore, all of them have been closed since Thursday!)
Riots expected on Monday, no matter what the result is. :afaid:

Be careful yourself my friend, and stay away from that Chavez guy , he doesnt look like a nice person

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2007, 01:14:42 am »
Well, voting's been done.
Since I'm not living in the capital, I doubt that any MAJOR pandemonium will happen here. Yet, I still expect to see a lot of unhappy people.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2007, 05:54:08 pm »
Ok people, I have some really funny news regarding the election here.
Chavez' party actually lost this election and the constitution will not be reformed. :ninja: The results were given today at 1:30am (local time) and a hell lot of people I know were like " :wOOt: We Won!!!!"
Anyway, no riots have happened, so I'm going back to school tomorrow. :biggrin:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2007, 07:36:01 pm »
Hahaha...today big bank (or bang?) robbery of 500 000 000 CZK cca = 19 054 878,05 EUR.

UPDATE:

I am going to check meine Matratze, maybe I will find there some little amount of money...  :whistle:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 07:38:25 pm by Pragensia »

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2009, 09:24:46 am »
The cutest news ever, that keep the whole country smiling today:

Yesterday a woman travelled in a taxi to go the hospital, to give birth to her child, but the little girl was in a great hurry and she came to the light in the taxi, next to the auto highway, right before the ambulace arrived. The taxi driver helped her in everything, and he is very cutely enthusiastic, he's giving interviews everywhere, and keep telling how emotional was it, and how deeply is he touched. The taxi company registered the voice of the taxi driver and even the newborn baby, I was crying when I've been listening to that in the tv. Soooooo heartwarming! :wub:

P. S.: Guess how's the little girl called! ^_^

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2009, 10:17:30 am »
Ummm... perhaps Lucy? :unsure:

She does have a physical father, doesn't she? I mean Christmas time, a highly pregnant woman not getting to a warm and safe place in time... that does ring a bell.

Nah, seriously - that is really very cute, and it's good to know that the mother found help out on the streets. :)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2009, 11:53:59 am »
Oh, don't worry about them, the doctors thought that the little one would be born in the middle of January, so it was really very unexpected. The father went to bring their firstborn son to the kindergarten, and called a taxi for the mother, to go to the hospital where he would join her later. But the baby was too fast. :)

Of course Luca :biggrin: