Author Topic: Black - Red - Gold  (Read 4785 times)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Black - Red - Gold
« on: June 15, 2006, 08:07:04 am »
Hi folks,

something strange is going on in Germany: Suddenly you can see our national colours everywhere. That may not seem strange to you, but it really is unusual for us. After all, national pride wasn't simple for us because Germans had brought the most terrible single catastrophe of the past century over the world, born from the ugly side of national pride. So showing our national colours always was a little awkward over here... until now. Suddenly you see them everywhere, surrounded by friendly and smiling faces.

This is a good turn in my eyes, and I wonder what you think.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Black - Red - Gold
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 08:18:57 am »
Hi Markus,

it's not simple... I'm not sure about if that's good or not. Of course, it's a matter of national pride's kind. It's justified to be proud of your own nation, to feel unite to all your national mates, as you share the same country with same history, same language, similar feelings... But I always distrust to closed-minded nationalism pride. The line which separates the legitimate national pride to the wrong one is really thin.

Maybe it's good for a country as yours to feel again united by the flag's colours, as a healthy exercise of pride to what you feel as yours. If this doesn't go to wrong ways, it's good (and I'm sure the greater part of you are wise enough to keep it into the limits of the very reasonable).

Hard to give an opinion about this matter.  :unsure:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 08:20:29 am by Luthien »
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
Black - Red - Gold
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:42:26 pm »
Hiya Markus!  It's weird how football can inspire such trends!

Here in England we were waving flags with pride on the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977, happy faces, happy little children (me) having parties in the street, everyone seemed proud and to care that being English seemed to mean something good.

Then it dwindled until it almost disappeared, no more flags, no more pride....

...then came Euro '96 (in England) and football re-awoke that feeling.  Flags were suddenly everywhere again.  And since then it has stayed that way.  Now we see flags up everywhere when England are involved in something (such as the World Cup)...

...so that good feeling may well be around for longer than you think  :)

PS  I think it's a good thing, for the majority of people.  I am glad it is having this effect, enjoy!  :)

Here in England it was good because showing the flag had got to be associated with being a bad thing - it had been taken over as a symbol for extreme right-wing politics.  In '96 football gave the flag back to the people.  The normal, everyday people.  :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 03:46:19 pm by Sirius13 »
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Black - Red - Gold
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 05:11:39 pm »
Yep, I agree with Sirus. We had the same phenomenon in my country when we hosted (and won :iconmi77kl: ) the Copa América in 2001. It's a great feeling... and believe me, I'm sure that the whole world (well may be excepting Poland) is happy to see you parting like you did yesterday.
Cheers to Deutschland! :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 05:12:41 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Darksong

Black - Red - Gold
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 09:25:22 am »
Hm...

While Serbia and Montenegro were one country,I didn't liked my country,becouse Montenegro wan't equal part of republic society.
But now,as we have becme indepentdent,I will raise hand greet everything connected to my people,and for the other ofcourse,and I can say I am proud of my country.

Past of Germany,was...I know.
Still,almost every country has that kind of people.

In Serbia there was order of Kings' elite guards(when Serbia was monarchy) called Četnici.
In Montenegro there was few garrisons of theirs too.
DD,OFFMan and Thorin can say about Croatian order called Ustaše.
I hate both of their names,their deeds,and what they represent,as I hope all of you do.

So,there is no reason to be ashamed,or stunned,time goes on,people forgive,nation forgets.
Hera thee,
Hear my tunes!
Sang from cliffs,
Sang from dunes,
Sang in sorrow...
Sang in rage...
May it fills holes hollow!
May it fills hearts in cage!
In Valhalla thy Journey ends...

Offline VladH

• Shapeshifter
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Dead
Black - Red - Gold
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 10:42:20 am »
And In Poland we've got communist militia and so called Office of Safety in those Dark Years after II WW..... in every pack you can find black sheeps......
The Longships are coming...