Author Topic: Therion, Therion and more Therion!  (Read 20965 times)

Offline Therionized

Therion, Therion and more Therion!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2005, 02:46:32 am »
Frist time I heard Therion was probably two or so years ago, The Birth of Venus Illegitima. I was hooked from then on I love everything they've ever recorded. Personal favorite album is Symphony Masses: Ho Drakon Ho Megas. I try gettin' my friends to listen to them I just get, "I don't wanna listen to that opera bullshit," idiots. If that would only give it a chance start listen to Symphony Masses and be awe inspired by the riffage they would understand. Can't wait 'til September frist Therion concert in Cleveland.

Offline Tiggi

• http://
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 12:54:01 pm »
It was in 1998, I was at "media market" looking for some Cd´s as I found "Vovin" with a sticker of some metal-magzines-critics on it. 10/10 or 9/10 points made me curious and I decided to listen to it. It needed only a few seconds for me to buy this Cd because I was fascinated immediately. I drove home and listened to the whole Cd and .... yeah, wow ..... *speekless* incredible, a completely new experience - I´ve found "my music".
The following weeks I bought any Cd from Therion, also the old ones, but most I love the symphonic style like "Calvicula Nox, Sirens of the woods, aso.), its so amazing. The mixture of Heavy Metal and Classics, the sound of the orchestra and the choir, the power of Therion and those incredible melodies made me an incurable Therion-freak :) and I infected my brothers and friends with this virus.

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2005, 12:33:33 am »
I think it was 1996, when i bought the Beauty in Darkness Vol.2 cd from Nuclear Blast. There i discovered "To Mega Therion" and it shocked me. Next week i bought Theli, after that Lepaca Kliffoth, A Arab Zaraq....so, I became a Therionist. :rolleyes:
After that, i ´ve therionized lots of people,  like an "evangelization"  :P
Me pica la medusaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2005, 07:12:04 pm »
The year was 1996. I had stopped listen to metal for 3 or 4 years (yeap, everybody has made stupid things in his life :blush:). Then my little sister began to date this metalhead... a nice guy which conducted a metal program in the radio station of some university in Bogotá. Some day my sister came to my room: "hey bro, listen to this, my boyfriend pass it to me". She hanged me a copy of Theli -_-, I put it in my stereo <_< and 20 seconds latter I run to the musicshop to buy that CD :o. Since that day I have been completely Therionized.
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

doomequinox

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2005, 08:38:57 pm »
:D My mum listened THELI when it was new ! i was 11 years old - since that time Therion is the most beautiful thing in my life !!!

Offline Morrigan

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005, 08:33:04 pm »
I knew Therion in a strange way: I was riding the NuclearBlast's adversiting booklet in a cd (it was Nightwish-Once :P) when I saw "Therion-Lemuria/SiriusB symphonic opera metal" and thought "symphonic opera metal?? It sounds good! Maybe a great band!". So I immediately downloaded some songs... their first song I heard is "eye of shiva". From that moment I'm looking for all Therion's cd (I haven't all albums yet :()
Only my best friend heard some of their songs, and she like it.

"It is the gods who weep. They see us killing each other over and over since time began. They can't save us from ourselves. ... Men prefer sorrows over joy, suffering over peace. ... they revel in pain and bloodshed. They celebrate murder." (Ran)

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2005, 07:12:11 pm »
What are you waiting for?   :blink:

Offline Morrigan

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2005, 08:01:09 pm »
What are you waiting for?   :blink:
[snapback]5310[/snapback]

I'm waiting for... money

"It is the gods who weep. They see us killing each other over and over since time began. They can't save us from ourselves. ... Men prefer sorrows over joy, suffering over peace. ... they revel in pain and bloodshed. They celebrate murder." (Ran)