Author Topic: Therion, Therion and more Therion!  (Read 20459 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Therion, Therion and more Therion!
« on: October 11, 2004, 10:09:05 am »
Well... first topic have to be about Therion, of course! I mean... it cannot be anyone else other first topic in a forum of Therion's fans!!!!! :D

How do you first knew about Therion? Why do you love its music? How can be possible a music band would be so damned good? There are a lot of questions, a lot of possible answers... Feel free of giving your opinion. More: YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT!

About me:

I first heard Therion because a friend of mine told me about a "good metal band" named Therion. He had a cassette of Therion, but it was delated by error... so he had no cassette or CD to borrow me. I decided go to internet to seek out about it... and when I had Therion's music... OMG!!! I had a revelation!! I wonder how I can live without Therion until that moment. I became a Therion's beliver!! So, as I wanted knowing more about it, I went to Google, I typed "Therion"... and "Official Therion Webside" was showed to me. All what happens after that moment is public knowed.

What about you?

NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 10:55:06 pm »
Hi Luthien,

oh well, how did I discover Therion? A friend recommended it to me, and I borrowed "Vovin" from him. I was a fan before the intro of "RoSaG" was over. I just love the music - the power of metal, the beautiful voices, the classical influences... and I love trying to decipher the lyrics.

BTW, almost everyone to whom I played any Therion more or less likes it. I've even seriously therionized some of my friends. :D

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 01:35:34 am »
All hail NTSMS!!

None of my friends here in the UK are into Metal, so I love to scare the hell out of them with the absolute sheer quality of Therion.

They say "metal is just noise!"

So I love to play them Therion for the first time and watch their faces  :blink: !!

I love them for being truly unique, and for sticking to a way of their own that just so happens to fit with everything I could possibly want from a band!   :D
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Carlios

• http://
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 10:41:05 pm »
I heard it for the fist time about 5 years ago, and almost instantly I became a fan... The first song I herad was The Rise of Sodom.... and I was extremely amazed how they could blend classical instruments with metal ones...

Before Therion I used to listen to some clasical music, and Limp Bizkit and things like that (I was lost in a pit filled with crap), but I'm glad I got to know Therion, and happy I've seen the in concert  :D

Que la Ancylotoma duodenale te Acompañe / May the Ancylostoma duodenale be with You[/b][/u][/size][/font]

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 04:55:42 am »
I first heard Therion 2 years ago when my now boyfriend (back then just a friend), told me he wanted me to listen to this great song....it was "Siren of the Woods", although I didn´t understand what it said (and still don´t)  :(  I became like hipnotized! I loved how the metal blended in so well with the symphonic music, I had never heard anything like that! It is just freaking amazing! :lol:

Now I´m like addicted to them  :)

Offline HellWraith

• Loyal Member
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 09:42:03 pm »
Hail brethren!

My first contact with Therion was a friend of mine who showed my Theli... of course the 1st song "Preludium" I thought it was nice... but that just instrumental... no vocals... but when "to mega Therion" bursted in, with just the 1st line of singing I got totally crazy about it... borrowed the disc and kept listening to it over and over and over... now, I can say with great pride that I'm more Therionized then that friend of mine who 1st showed it to me.... and that feels great!!!!
Behold the Darkness ahead...

Offline Tzar-0

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 11:13:53 pm »
ho...don't remember ...

Maybe I was looking for metal bands on internet...suddenly I was on the official website listening to sample... :lol:  I quickly got addected. Therion makes me feel things  whitch i don't feel while I'm listening to other metal bands :blink: (don't laugh) :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 11:15:17 pm by Tzar-0 »

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 07:40:04 pm »
Therion makes me feel things  whitch i don't feel while I'm listening to other metal bands :blink: (don't laugh) :P
[snapback]47[/snapback]

I cannot laugh... because i feel the same! ;)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline stay heavy

• Loyal Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 08:11:31 pm »
Well... first topic have to be about Therion, of course! I mean... it cannot be anyone else other first topic in a forum of Therion's fans!!!!! :D

How do you first knew about Therion? Why do you love its music? How can be possible a music band would be so damned good? There are a lot of questions, a lot of possible answers... Feel free of giving your opinion. More: YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT!

About me:

I first heard Therion because a friend of mine told me about a "good metal band" named Therion. He had a cassette of Therion, but it was delated by error... so he had no cassette or CD to borrow me. I decided go to internet to seek out about it... and when I had Therion's music... OMG!!! I had a revelation!! I wonder how I can live without Therion until that moment. I became a Therion's beliver!! So, as I wanted knowing more about it, I went to Google, I typed "Therion"... and "Official Therion Webside" was showed to me. All what happens after that moment is public knowed.

What about you?
[snapback]5[/snapback]

two years ago a friend of mine gave me a cd with a lot of differente band in mp3 format,it was quite good  but suddenly i heard the full deggial album and i was shocked!!!! and then realized that i was listening to the best band ever and since then i can´t stop listening therion
I WAS TAUGHT TO SHINE AND NOT REFLECT

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 02:04:05 pm »
All hail NTSMS!!

They say "metal is just noise!"

So I love to play them Therion for the first time and watch their faces  :blink: !!

I love them for being truly unique, and for sticking to a way of their own that just so happens to fit with everything I could possibly want from a band!   :D
[snapback]15[/snapback]

:D  yeah Sirius, I love to play Therion to some of my frends and then watch their faces.
You know what. This summer I was working in one beach and we had music there.
So when it was possible I put Therion to play. Can you emagine people on the beach hearing The Rise of Sodom and Gommorah  :D

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 02:04:30 pm »
First time that I heard for Therion was 5 years ago. My cousin was listening Theli. I remember To Mega Therion and begining of
Cults of the Shadow. But back then I didn't listen metal. Then I thought it is The Rion, not Theion.
So bwfore 2 years I was playing Quke 1 and my freind gave me Deggial to
listen while playing. When I finished the game I slowly started to listen Deggial.
Then my cousin gave me Theli. And from then I ordered Therion mp3 of other albums.
The first original one that I bought was Secret of the Runes. Now I have Lemuria/Sirius B and Deggial.
And I also have all Therion demos (mp3).

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 04:05:07 pm »
Haha... last night I saw for first time the reaction of my friends when hearing Therion! First of all, you have to know that my friends don't use to hear metal... only one of them (my closest friends group) likes it. It was this friend who first talk me about Therion, and this night I gave him Lemuria/Sirius B (burnt from my pc... sorry -_- ). We were at his home, so he said: "Hey! Why not put some Therion song? You'll know how it is!" And he put on cd player Lemuria's disc. I told him that first song, Typhon, maybe can make fear who don't is used to metal, and he replied: "It's ok!". Hehe... well, after Typhon I put Lemuria, and then, Siren. It was funny see different reactions:

-One of them (girlfriend of the metal friend) said she likes some Therion! (it was a surprise for me... and for my friend too, who it seems he didn't know!)

-The other one said that, although she don't like it at all, music es good, has quality.

-And the other one... huahua... keep reading the publicity paper he was reading before! (nop, he doesn't like).

Well, it is not so big, but I was curious about their reaction, and now I know.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 06:21:24 pm by Luthien »

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 04:09:03 pm »
I´ve also showed it to a couple of friends and :

- First friend said: "Sounds too dark for me" (Whatever  :wacko:  I showed him "Arrow from the Sun".

- Other guy: "Sounds cool, but not my thing".

What is the deal with this people?  :o

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 12:14:46 am »
I showed one friend therion (a girl) and she liked some songs like Birt of Venus Illegitima and her friend (a girl with no taste) said that it looks like that some crazy priests are singing.  :blink:

Offline Tzar-0

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 12:59:21 pm »
I put some therion while I was with 2 friends (it was in september).

The first one usualy listen to heavy metal and he liked Rhapsody so I thought he would love it but no...he first said to me : "It is too much chaotic" I didn't really understand what he meant ...but as he knowed Therion is my favourit band, he said "well...they are a good band..."  <_<

The second friend doesn't listen to metal at all. And when I put some Therion, he said " it is too much classic for me" and he laugh when he heard Vanaheim  :angry:
But I went last week to his home and I looked on his computer after all the mp3 he had downloaded...guess what I saw ?  He had completly downloaded lemuria and sirius b  :o  :o ...so I think he finally likes Therion... B)

said that it looks like that some crazy priests are singing.

:D  what songs did you put ? Muspelheim or Helheim ?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 01:02:38 pm by Tzar-0 »

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 03:19:30 pm »
But I went last week to his home and I looked on his computer after all the mp3 he had downloaded...guess what I saw ?  He had completly downloaded lemuria and sirius b  :o  :o ...so I think he finally likes Therion... B)
?
[snapback]1068[/snapback]

:lol: Great! we should find more Therion disciples!   :ph34r:
Maybe he´ll like to join us in here ? :rolleyes:

Offline Tzar-0

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 03:54:18 pm »
I will ask him

But as I said he doesn't like metal and well....how am I going to tell him this ? because normally, I had not to go on his computer without his permission lol  -_-
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 04:01:08 pm by Tzar-0 »

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 01:26:45 am »
I will ask him

But as I said he doesn't like metal and well....how am I going to tell him this ? because normally, I had not to go on his computer without his permission lol  -_-
[snapback]1084[/snapback]

:ph34r: So you were acting as a spy! Pretty common in al NTSMS members!
 :ph34r: Well if he doesn´t wanna join that´s ok! ;)

Offline Rat Cornu

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2005, 04:33:39 pm »
I did it cool !!!
Therion was the first band i knew and still my favourite !  :D
A friend make me listen to live in midgard and i find it just... cool, not more.
But before he left i record it, and after listened to again, then i discovered how it was great !!!
I first loved Wine of Aluqah, Cults of the shadow, Ginnungagap...
Then I bought all the CDs !
And still the only one i haven't bought is Live in Midgard ! Shame on me ! :unsure:

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005, 10:25:46 pm »

:D  what songs did you put ? Muspelheim or Helheim ?
[snapback]1068[/snapback]

Birth of Venus Illegitima.