Author Topic: Gorgoroth live!  (Read 15388 times)

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Gorgoroth live!
« on: November 09, 2004, 02:41:01 pm »
Hello everyone!

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to see Norwegian black metal band Gorgoroth. It was a really out of the ordinary concert for an out of the ordinary band.
The band starts to play after having us wait for about an hour. By this time the crowd is very anxious and starting to get annoyed. Finally the band arrives! My eyes could not believe what they were watching! They all seemed possessed by strange powers that hypnotize you and their eyes wonder and stare at the crowd with a look in their eyes that penetrate you deep into your bones!

It all seemed to be  going pretty well when suddenly they start to have sound problems. I can see the lead vocal gets annoyyed and somewhat disgusted. By this time the crowd is going even more wild!

This is when weird things happen....
Some fans start trying to touch their boots and what they get back is a kick...what we see then is some fans getting kicked by Gorgoroth for trying to just touch them. Another memeber of the crowd manages to get up on stage and pulls down his pants, and gets kicked back to the the public by the lead singer who doesn't take this as funny.

Now from there on I see a Gorgoroth mad. Just playing because they had a compromise to make. I see the look on their faces and I can see the hatred and the desire to hit and kick more fans. Not weird for a band whose lead singer was in jail for stabbing someone else.

So what I really didn't like is the fact of a  band kicking their fans. When you are a fan of a band you admire them, you look up to them, sometimes you even wanna be like them, and thus touching them is like a way to reach out for them.
I know it bacause if Chris would shake my hand I wouldn't wash it in days!!! But, what gives a band the right to kick you or hit you? Only a well positioned band like Gorgoroth can give themselves the luxury of mistreating their fans. Very dissapointing, it ain't right though  <_< !
 Now, I know we are a wild crowd. I also know there are some very stupid fans with very stupid attitudes who get carried away by the feel of emotion.But there is absolutely no right that in exchange for you fanatism you get a kick in the butt. After all bands need the fans support and it is true in deed that without us they would miss a lot, so we need some respect!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Gorgoroth live!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 03:01:17 pm »
Hi Ereshkigal,

that's definitely not alright! With Therion such a behaviour would be unimaginable.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Tzar-0

Gorgoroth live!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 03:57:28 pm »
After all bands need the fans support and it is true in deed that without us they would miss a lot, so we need some respect!
and
that's definitely not alright! With Therion such a behaviour would be unimaginable.

Because the Therion members have a lot of respect for their fans...
Anyway People were maybe stupid, but the band members who kicked them were more stupid than the fans...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 06:05:34 pm by Tzar-0 »

Offline lepaca

Gorgoroth live!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 12:22:58 am »
wow i just can not believed what i read, that guy is a fucking asshole, i now that people shouldnt come up to stage but kick them?? i like Gorgoroth but i will never be a fan of them and i will think it seriusly before going to a concert of them, one has to take care from the crowd and now from the band too  :unsure:

Offline Rat Cornu

Gorgoroth live!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 04:04:20 pm »
I know it bacause if Chris would shake my hand I wouldn't wash it in days!!!
[snapback]435[/snapback]

So lucky I am he shook mine twice !

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Gorgoroth live!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 04:06:02 pm »
So lucky I am he shook mine twice !
[snapback]1825[/snapback]

To me... "only" once  :lol:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Rat Cornu

Gorgoroth live!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 04:14:07 pm »
he signed my shirt too !
But washing it has make it disapear !
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 04:39:49 pm by Rat Cornu »

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Gorgoroth live!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 04:56:51 pm »
he signed my shirt too !
But washing it has make it disapear !
[snapback]1827[/snapback]

What are u crazy???  :wacko: you are not supposed 2 wash it!

Offline Rat Cornu

Gorgoroth live!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 07:12:04 pm »
What are u crazy???  :wacko: you are not supposed 2 wash it!
[snapback]1831[/snapback]

After two gigs it began really smelling hard

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
Gorgoroth live!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 09:47:06 pm »
Smelly signed shirt.  :)