Author Topic: Therion Fans' Photos  (Read 511813 times)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: Therion Fans' Photos
« Reply #760 on: January 22, 2008, 10:07:11 am »
Yes, the pics are very nice - and finally I can see how does the city look like on 31st.  :lol:
But then again, who does.

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #761 on: January 22, 2008, 03:31:20 pm »
Woohoo! Nice pics, NeMo! And you have the same photo camera as I do  :biggrin: And finally, some pics from Turkey. I put them on facebook a while ago, and already posted them in megatherion.

The Elizabeth and Jack totem.

At the seaside.

The inner garder of Topkapı Sarayı (Topkapı Palace). Breathtaking view.

Topkapı Sarayı again.

I'm very sorry I couldn't photograph the best exhibits at the Topkapı, because we weren't allowed to: the treasury. 4 halls full of beautifully worked jewels, and ever-day objects transformed into art pieces. The mother of all exhibits was a 86 karat diamond (imagine a diamond egg), set in a golden plate and surrounded by 12 extra diamonds (imagine quail diamond eggs), in front of which Jack took his hat off (the one I'm wearing in the last pic) and placed it on his chest  :lol3:
Besides the Topkapı Sarayı, I visited the Galata Tower, placed in the Taksim Square. In the same area, we visited Beyoğlu Street. It's a very famous shopping site, and it's got a historical tram, which is lots of fun to ride! Especially when people try to hang to it from the move  :unsure: Further reading here.
I also saw Hagia Sofia and the Sultan Ahmed Mosque (also known as Blue Mosque), but we couldn't visit them. One of the most hilarious sites we visited was the Basilica Cistern. Worth reading the article, it's got some nicer pics than those I could have provided  :biggrin:
Of course I couldn't have missed the Grand Bazaar, which I visited with Jack's mother. I'll take a pic of the birthday gift I bought for my mother there. The most striking thing about the bazaar is that every salesman is a %@&P(O* poliglot. They went from Turkish to English to Spanish with the speed of light  :insane: In order to get to the Bazaar, we had to cross continents by boat, which was exactly as an enormous bus, with departure and arrival hours and such.
I almost forgot Beyoğlu Street. It's a very famous shopping site, and it's got a historical tram, which is lots of fun to ride! Especially when people try to hang to it from the move  :unsure:
Useless mentioning that I got faaat in Istanbul. Damn Turkish people know how to eat *drooling* It would be worth moving up to Istanbul only for the food, even if it wasn't so beautiful and big and animated! And even if Jack wasn't living there, of course  :nana:
I bought a magnet collection. Most of them are drawing presenting the Turkish high-lights (historical sites as the one I mentioned, the eye, one of the bridges from Asia to Europe), but there's one that reads "I left my heart in Istanbul". Which couldn't apply better to my case  ^_^

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 03:40:38 pm by Elizabeth »

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #762 on: January 22, 2008, 03:36:28 pm »
Hi Livi!

Such a great pics! They are wonderful! You are wonderful!  ;D

Ehm, I can understan one of the last sentences You wrote... cause I was in Istanbul when I was younger.
 :)
It's great city, very nice... Have You visited Sultan Ahmet Camii?

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #763 on: January 22, 2008, 03:52:48 pm »
Beautiful photos, Livi! :wOOt: And I want a lamp like his.

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #764 on: January 22, 2008, 04:52:48 pm »
That was his sister's lamp, actually  :biggrin: She took the pic, in her room.

Kris: No, I didn't visit Sultan Ahmed Camii (I said so in the other post). I just saw them from the exterior.

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #765 on: January 22, 2008, 06:38:40 pm »
@saphira & Pragensia & Elizabeth: I'm glad you liked my pics... :)

and finally I can see how does the city look like on 31st.  :lol:

For God's sake Pragensia, you can see that every year, because you live THERE! :chair:

@Elizabeth: you visited the same sites as me two years ago! :) Too bad you couldn't enter the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. :( In the Blue Mosque there is a huge room for believers with a HUGE, soft and cozy carpet(:wOOt:) where you walk barefooted. And you can see the believers while praying... :bow: In Hagia Sophia you don't have to be barefooted because it's a museum nowadays. It was the biggest Christian church in the world and then turned into a mosque. I was especially impressed that you can see some very old Christian frescoes picturing Virgin Mary, Angel Gabriel... preserved along with newly added Muslim motives! Really interesting.... ;)

And you have the same photo camera as I do  :biggrin:

I bought mine couple of days prior to mu trip to Miskolc! Speaking about Miskolc... ;D

The city centre... there is a graveyard behind the church on the hill in the forest... 100% gothic atmosphere... ^_^

The lake and the castle 15km west of the city. The pic is taken from a boat. I rented the boat and paddled for 1 hour. :)

The waterfall and some crazy guy wearing Nightwish Blind Guardian T-shirt whom I do NOT know... honest to God! :nana:

Szent Istvan cave - one of two limestone caves I visited... REAL caves... big, long. cold(:afaid:), dark(:ninja:) with a lot of limestone-adornments and fossils...

Narrow gauge forest railway connecting the new and the old castle...

Ruins of the old castle... the summer residence of Hungarian kings. :king: There is an exhibition about Hungarian history inside... digitalized also... you choose the language on a touch-sensitive screen and then the speakers speak the most interesting parts from Hungarian history! :thumbup:

Miskolc rulez! If somebody had told me I was to see such landscapes in Hungary prior to my visit to Miskolc I would have NOT believed him... :lol:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:50:38 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #766 on: January 22, 2008, 08:29:25 pm »
Hey NeMo awesome pics!  I love them!  :bow:  ^_^
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #767 on: January 22, 2008, 08:57:11 pm »
Oh NeMo, congratz to Your pics! These are also very nice (:

I do not need to see the mess and drunk tourists every year NeMo That's not my target. :D
And the people are sometimes very dangerous. It's more safe to go thru wood in the midnight than thru Old Town Square or Wenceslav Square  ???

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #768 on: January 23, 2008, 03:49:54 am »

Cool shots Nemo mate .

yo yo yo  :thumbup:
Scripta Manet

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #769 on: January 24, 2008, 03:01:01 am »
Awesome pics everyone! :thumbup:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #770 on: January 24, 2008, 02:06:49 pm »
I'm glad you liked the pics... :)

@The One: you could see all those things from my pics live if you came to Epica classical concert in Miskolc this year! :wOOt: And you could also see with your very eyes that Hungary IS a country! :lol3:

@Pragensia: Btw, me and my friend joked about Prague that you were bluffing how you were under communism for 50 years! :lol3: Because you can see absolutely NO traces of communism in the city architecture! And we were not only in the city centre... :unsure: Soooo unlike Berlin... :ninja:

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 03:56:14 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #771 on: January 24, 2008, 04:15:22 pm »
@NeMo: You must be blind then...  :blink: Didn't You see the huge areas filled with blocks of flats made of concrete? There are everywhere around the city...
Of course, in the centre there are almost no buildings from communism and such... but some buildings are connected to communism in abstract way - I mean they have very rich history connected with communists... And all people still can remember that...
And You surely missed the large building near British Institute, in that building sits current Communistic Party of Bohemia and Moravia  :disgust:
It is one street behind Wenceslav Square and it leads to - State Opera building  :-[
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:18:18 pm by Pragensia »

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #772 on: January 24, 2008, 08:38:13 pm »
@Livi! Thanks for those great photos!..I would like to go to Istanbul too..someday..I hope  :)..

@NeMo:Nice photos!
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #773 on: January 26, 2008, 07:38:07 pm »
@NeMo: You must be blind then...  :blink: Didn't You see the huge areas filled with blocks of flats made of concrete? There are everywhere around the city...

Actually I did see that... from the Visehrad fortress (where I made that crazy upside down pic :insane:) but VERY far... on the horizon... ;) It is good that the inner city area is still pristine so to speak... :thumbup:

Of course, in the centre there are almost no buildings from communism and such...

Soooooo unike Berlin! :ninja: This is the VERY centre of Berlin - Alexander Platz! :-\

The government is trying to "undo the communism" in the city centre, some communistic buildings have already been razed to the ground but it will be a very hard and long-lasting job. :-\ For example, they are dismanltling the Palace of Republic, an ugly building on an island in the river Spree, made of abestos(:afaid:), that was the headquarter of Erich Honecker and his DDR regime...

They want to rebuild an old castle that stood there before 1945. (destroyed in Russian bombing :ninja:). They plan to finish it by the year 2014... -_- Btw, that church is Berliner Dom, the biggest church in Berlin (and still works as the church unlike many)...

And for the end a picture taken in Potsdam, a Berlin suburb...

Look at the building to the right and then look at the building to the left! :blink: Only commies could have made something SO ugly and grotesque! :tongue:

@saphira: Thanks. ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:49:31 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #774 on: January 26, 2008, 08:29:54 pm »
I love Your pics and Your stories! :)

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #775 on: January 27, 2008, 12:46:54 am »
Nice pics again, NeMo! :thumbup:
Yeahm I wish I could go to the Other Side of the Pond. ^_^
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #776 on: January 27, 2008, 05:51:01 pm »
Thank You NeMo for the pics and great descriptions  :wOOt: - I have never been to Berlin, but I would like to see that city.

Offline VladH

• Shapeshifter
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Dead
« Reply #777 on: January 30, 2008, 12:20:17 am »

Photoshoping lesson nr 1. Gauss Blur, Diffused Glow, Unsharp Mask... trying to put some fresh air and new life into otherwise slightly boring photos...
The Longships are coming...

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #778 on: January 30, 2008, 12:50:07 am »
That looks awesome! Like a screenshot from one of those new HD games. :wacko:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #779 on: January 31, 2008, 01:48:54 pm »
@VladH: I'm glad that you got well and started to post your pics again! I hope to see some more... :) But post the very best you have! I want to have The One believing that Europe is way more beautiful than it actually is! :lol3:
:fish:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:51:28 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!