Author Topic: Therion Fans' Photos  (Read 508058 times)

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
Re: Therion Fans' Photos
« Reply #1400 on: August 03, 2010, 11:44:13 pm »
Wonderful pics!! Loving them, especially, the 2-nd one!
"Die gewöhnlichsten Irrschlüsse der Menschen sind diese: eine Sache existiert, also hat sie ein Recht." (F. Nietzsche)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #1401 on: August 04, 2010, 12:13:56 am »
Hey Lucy,

so that's your mum? :wOOt: She must be pretty open, too. I couldn't imagine my mum to do that...

What kind of festival was that? How authentic were these clothes? And how did it feel to wear them?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #1402 on: August 04, 2010, 12:32:11 am »
so that's your mum? :wOOt: She must be pretty open, too. I couldn't imagine my mum to do that...

exactly what I thought ;D
Love the pics, suppose you guys had a great time :)
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #1403 on: August 04, 2010, 08:13:42 am »
There is a farm owned by Krishna-conscious monks, near to lake Balaton. It's open to the public, and every year they organize a festival with lots of programs. I like the place a lot, I've been there already tree times, and when my mom heard that I wanted to go there this year too, she told me "Oh I always wanted to visit that place!" So we took her with us.

She hasn't been always THIS open, but lately she's changed a lot. (With two children like us, err...) And, well, one has to know how to motivate her. :roll-eyes: I couldn't imagine her either to dress up like this. :bow: The clothes are real, of course, I too have some saries at home, I'm used to wear them in another way, but it doesn't really count. The sari is in my opinion the best kind of female clothes ever, so comfy and practical and last but not least, very nice. :wink2:

They have a fabulous vegetarian art of cooking, colourful paintings and handicrafts. They have their own school, plant cultivation, cow breeding, temple, guesthouse... Here you can see some images of the farm.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #1404 on: August 04, 2010, 11:14:44 am »
Wow Lucy, that's amazing! :thumbup: Especially bringing your mother along to it? I wish I could do such things with my mom and not get in trouble. :ninja:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #1405 on: August 04, 2010, 11:32:39 am »
Wow... cows, plants and veggie food. :wOOt:

There are some beautiful pictures there, Lucy! Especially the one in the snow looks great to me.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #1406 on: August 04, 2010, 03:24:15 pm »
Nice Lucy! I certainly would like to take my mother into something like that too but i don´t thing she will be interested. What kind of activities are programmed in the celebration?
6 6 6

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #1407 on: August 04, 2010, 08:31:46 pm »
We can assist to a wedding, visit the temple with a guide and sing the Hare Krishna mantra together, ask any question we have, visit the school with one of the teachers, buy thousands of things in the fair (musical instruments, clothes, bio food etc.), say a complete set of mantras with a "rosary" and have a certificate of it, have a henna painting somewhere on the body...

There was a place where we could learn about bio plantations and environment protection. There was a stage too, with dance performances, theatre play of the children, Indian music, Tai Chi and martial arts presentations.

The photos were made in the "reality show" where we could try how does a Krishna believer live. We dressed up like them, prayed with them, cooked and offered the food for Krishna, talked a lot to them. My friend and his gf asked them for example about giving birth, they would like to have a second child later and they were curious how it goes there. But we could ask even the smallest stupid thing, like if they get married "officially" too after the religious wedding, or if their feet are cold. :lol:

People who live there are friendly, peaceful, and smile to everyone. It's always a great experience being there, even if I know that I disagree about a few points in their belief, so I'll never join them. Well, maybe when I retire on a pension. :wink2:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #1408 on: August 04, 2010, 09:44:10 pm »
Ey Lucy!

Fantastic pictures, and wonderful experience you've had! I really envy you now! As you said, you may not share all their points of view, but fully enjoy this visit and the possibility to share and know more about them! I would for sure!

Have I said I envy you (and your mum) so much?  :ninja:

Btw... Alkthough I never went to a "Krishna-farm", I'd like if I had the chance, and I don't think impossible my mum going there with me  :wink2:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #1409 on: August 05, 2010, 09:24:38 am »
I'm glad that you folks like the place! Any time you feel like visiting it, I'll be happy to be your guide. I think there is no similar place in Europe. :unsure:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #1410 on: August 05, 2010, 09:49:19 am »
It's a different matter, but there is a buddhist temple in Sitges, near Barcelona. I've never visited it, but I knew about it because they released a buddhist chants disc some time ago  :nosweat:

Sorry, I think the website is only in Spanish  :ninja:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #1411 on: August 05, 2010, 10:16:01 am »
Adds it to the wanna-see-in-November list :wOOt:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #1412 on: August 05, 2010, 10:20:31 am »
Well... if you happen to go there in the weekend, perhaps I'm joining you. I've never been, but going with such crazy NTSMS followers is the best way to do it, I'm sure  :wOOt:

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #1413 on: August 06, 2010, 10:29:59 pm »
Yeah sounds very nice. I would love to see the instruments, there are a lot ethnical instruments I desire  :)
6 6 6

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #1414 on: August 07, 2010, 12:57:18 am »
 :med2: Count :med2: me :med2: in :med2: count :med2: me :med2: in :med2: count :med2: me :med2: in :med2:
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!