Author Topic: Rage!!!  (Read 13719 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Rage!!!
« on: March 26, 2006, 03:23:35 pm »
I suppose everybody knows Rage, as they have been on scene for several years! First time I heard something of them was their album "Lingua Mortis", an awersome album in which they play with entire orchestra. After "Lingua Mortis" I discovered "XIII", another fantastic and with orchestra album... and after those discoveries I got some more albums, some of them of earlier production. I don't understand why, but although I enjoyed a lot "Lingua Mortis" and "XIII" album, and all the others, I had all their albums almost forgotten until some weeks ago, when I decided to play them again, and I thought "woooow, but they are soooo good!!!!". I think that if you like Therion, which has a very important orchestral part, you have to enjoy Rage with their orchestral albums, and the others too, as they have so good quality!

I won't forget more Rage, and I'll have their albums ever near me... besides with Therion and Blind Guardian ones  :evil:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
Rage!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:53:54 pm »
I didn't listen them much, but I like some songs like Back in Time, End of all Days, Higher than the Sky...

Offline Diane

• Metal Mommy
  • Loyal Member
    • Last FM
Rage!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 12:44:54 pm »
Rage is one of my favorite bands, too, Luth.  Try and get their concert DVD, From the Cradle to the Stage.  It was released in 2004.  It has a matching audio CD.  They have so many albums, but I'd have to say my favorite one is Unity.  Victor Smolski (band member) came out with a solo project in 2004 called Majesty & Paasion:  J.S. Bach.  It shows his classical side.  I love it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:46:16 pm by Eve »

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Rage!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 03:12:44 pm »
Rage is one of my favorite bands, too, Luth.  Try and get their concert DVD, From the Cradle to the Stage.  It was released in 2004.  It has a matching audio CD.  They have so many albums, but I'd have to say my favorite one is Unity.  Victor Smolski (band member) came out with a solo project in 2004 called Majesty & Paasion:  J.S. Bach.  It shows his classical side.  I love it.
[snapback]9729[/snapback]

I... downloaded the DVD  :blush:  Although I had no time yet to watch it (I haven't seen all CoB either  :bawling: ). I agree they're great. I went to their concert last month, and it was sooooooooo great!!!  :iconmi77kl:

I'll check about the Smolski solo project  :w00t:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Rage!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 11:07:42 pm »
That does sound interesting. Reminds me of the album "Classical" by Wolf Hoffmann from Accept: He played a number of classical pieces on the e-guitar, and he did so very well indeed.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Diane

• Metal Mommy
  • Loyal Member
    • Last FM
Rage!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 02:35:42 am »
That does sound interesting. Reminds me of the album "Classical" by Wolf Hoffmann from Accept: He played a number of classical pieces on the e-guitar, and he did so very well indeed.

Cheers!

Markus
[snapback]9765[/snapback]

I'm not that familiar with Accept...  just that they do Seawinds.  I'll try and find some of Wolf Hoffmann's work.  Sounds like something I'd be interested in hearing.  

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
Rage!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 10:45:57 am »
I'm not that familiar with Accept...  just that they do Seawinds.  I'll try and find some of Wolf Hoffmann's work.  Sounds like something I'd be interested in hearing.
[snapback]9788[/snapback]
I recommend the song 'Fast As A Shark', it's just like seawinds only more peaceful.  :evil:
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Luths Cat

Rage!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 06:32:49 pm »
I went to their concert last month, and it was sooooooooo great!!!  :iconmi77kl:
[snapback]9735[/snapback]
You left me alone and starving for the whole night and you call that great? :blink:
I'm dommed! :afraid1:

Menopaws!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Rage!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 09:30:44 pm »
You left me alone and starving for the whole night and you call that great? :blink:
I'm dommed! :afraid1:
[snapback]9835[/snapback]

Oh, shut up! When I came back to home, you was sleeping at my bed as peacefully as when I left  <_<

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
Rage!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 07:49:14 pm »
Oh, shut up! When I came back to home, you was sleeping at my bed as peacefully as when I left  <_<
[snapback]9862[/snapback]
Yes, when you woke up you picked up a clock that started ringing and throw it behind you.
It hitted the cat and se was in coma. She was starving tio death while in it and was in it till you came back.
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Rage!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 07:56:08 pm »
Yes, when you woke up you picked up a clock that started ringing and throw it behind you.
It hitted the cat and se was in coma. She was starving tio death while in it and was in it till you came back.
[snapback]9969[/snapback]

Sure, that's the reason she started to purr when I touched her, right?  <_<

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
Rage!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 08:06:36 pm »
She was purring from pain, and prayed for future mercy
*calls animal-protection servise*
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member