Author Topic: Lepaca Draconis Dies  (Read 31923 times)

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2006, 07:05:32 pm »
:blush: I looked at the pics without maximizing them, at 1st.

Veeeery nice ones, Markus! *hides the digital camera, not to be eaten by the telescope*

Namarie!

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2006, 08:51:22 am »
Hey girls,

don't let the sheer size fool you! I have already worked with a telescope that is equally powerful, but only a third the size - just small enough to fit in a large trunk. That depends on the technology the scope uses. But anyway: This large one does make it easy to portrait the sun or the moon. :) Too bad I can't take it along to Turkey. :lol3: But then again I don't intend to do any astropics there at all.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2006, 08:55:18 am »
Hey girls,

don't let the sheer size fool you! I have already worked with a telescope that is equally powerful, but only a third the size - just small enough to fit in a large trunk. That depends on the technology the scope uses. But anyway: This large one does make it easy to portrait the sun or the moon. :) Too bad I can't take it along to Turkey. :lol3: But then again I don't intend to do any astropics there at all.

Cheers!

Markus
[snapback]7671[/snapback]

Size does not matter (or it does  :evil: ).

:roll1:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2006, 10:52:52 am »
Hi there,

my travel preparations are running hot now. Just one more week until the great day, less than a week until my departure to Turkey. :w00t:

I have decided to take along my small private telescope (named "Arthur", by the way), though not for photos but only for visual observation - "just looking". Totality will last about three minutes, which is quite a lot already, and I won't waste any of that time on taking pics that others will do even better.

Oh, and have I mentioned already that the journey goes to Konya, the city where the order of the dancing derwishes was founded?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2006, 01:48:23 pm »
Wow! Now I'm really jealous man. It sounds like very, very nice trip. Turkey was not in travel wish list until a few years ago when I met guy from Turkey (playing football by the way ;)) and he showed some pictures of his country. They were SO amaizing that Turkey jumped to the top 5 of my "I-have-to-go-there-before-I-die" list.
So good luck man... and hope you'll put to some of your pics on-line.
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2006, 10:39:27 pm »
Well, folks,

I'm nearly off. I don't even know yet whether I'll have to start on late Monday morning or Sunday night since there might be a change in my flight. In any case my travel and eclipse preparations are running so hot now that I hardly have the time to talk much anymore.

So behave, even when I'm not looking, ;) and don't dare to forget watching the eclipse yourself! Ah, and wish me clear skies. :)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Phanta

• http://maisquedesraca.rg3.net
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2006, 01:09:28 am »
If I'm lucky I'll see some of it in the morning...

a half-sun rising must be quite a cool sight though ^_^

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 08:31:43 am »
Eya Markus!

Be sure I won't forget to watch the sky to see the Eclypse! Enjoy your travel and take care... and aware with angry anglerfishes, as I've heard it can be some problem with one of them eating the Sun when it'll be hidding by Moon's shadow!!! In fact, I've heard it can eat the shadow itself  :afraid1:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2006, 08:48:51 am »
Hi there,

let the anglerfish beware of me, Luth! Better noone disturb me in any way in those sacred hours and minutes. See this report, especially at 1.45 - I still have no idea how I managed to stay polite back then.

And Phanta, if you get to see that you're quite lucky indeed. :) I had that luck during a solar eclipse three years ago. It's really a fantastic sight! The perfect to watch place is a mountain with a free view of the Eastern horizon, where the sun will rise.

Cheers and good luck to all of you!

Markus

Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2006, 06:51:40 pm »
Tomorrow's the big event!  :iconmi77kl:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2006, 07:02:29 pm »
I will be working in the moment of maximum eclypse  :bawling: . I though it was one hour sooner than it is, because we (Markus too) didn't thought about the change of hour, just past Saturday. The good new is that I enter to work at 12h, so just before entering the eclypse will be started enough to see it, and at 12:40, the maximum moment, I am the only monitor in the dinning room I'm outside the dinning room, so I will be able to catch my glasses and, in a rush, look at the Sun. Don't tell to my boss!!!  :evil:

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2006, 07:42:16 pm »
Don't tell to my boss!!!  :evil:
[snapback]7967[/snapback]
I won't betray you, Your Majesty! (haha. Bet I will  :evil: )

I'll be at school, so it should't be a problem to get a quick glance.

Thanks Tequila!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2006, 04:19:00 pm »
A cloudy, very cloudy morning. You know, those clouds which cover all the sky... not very high clouds, no very thick, but thick enough to cover the Sun and any Sun idea.

11.30 a.m. The eclypse has already began, and no Sun. Some little part of the sky naked of nasty, grey clouds, but very far from the sun. I am walking to my work, and nothing makes me think I'll be able to see the eclypse before I'll enter the school.

11.58 a.m. I am almost in the school. I only have to pass the road and I'll be inside the building. The last glance to the sky... and a little hope, some clouds are more thin, the sun tries to show itself!!! I grab my Ready-For-Eclypse-High-Priest-Glasses and I look up there... YES!!!! I can see it. Not clearly at all, some very thiny clouds stand between the Sun and me, but I can perfectly see the eclypse.

12.01 p.m. I enter the school, but still in the playground I decide to look again at the Sun... The small little thiny fluffy (ooops, not, fluffy not) cloud has gone!!! Now the sight is perfect, and I have to share the Glasses with a lot of teachers and school workers, of course.

12.20 p.m. I go out to bring the little kids to the dinning room, but just before entering the class, the last watching... it's the maximum eclypse moment, and just now the clouds have gone again!

12.40 p.m. I am the only monitor out, in the courtyard. Every kid has gone to home or to dinning room, and it's time to go down to there... but I have time for a last glance. I put the Glasses on, I see how the Sun is not so hidden as few moments before, I grin, I put my Glasses off and I keep them, very well kept, in my handbag. I'm happy.

EPILOGUE. Now there's a fantastic sunny day  :angry:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 04:34:12 pm by Luthien »

Offline Tzar-0

Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2006, 04:31:42 pm »
You are luckier than me actually...Between 2 classes of the morning...I came out the building but this was only to see that today is a cloudy day.

Let's hope that Markus had a clear sky.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 04:33:07 pm by Tzar-0 »

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2006, 06:07:21 pm »
I DO have a clear sky (it has been like that for almost a week now) :D.... but there's a "minor" problem... I cannot see the eclipse from here :(.
Nice to see you enjoyed it Luth (I must add that was a nice repport :)).
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2006, 07:27:22 pm »
I hope Markus has had a great experience!

Markus =====>  :iconmi77kl:
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2006, 11:36:20 am »
I had quite a good view too: at 1st contact (12.44) I was in the sports hall at school, so I couldn't watch it, but by the maximum contact (13.57) I was
at home, so got it (with my sun glasses on   B) ).
And then, I didn't watch the 4th contact (15.09), 'cause my eyes were aching.  :blink:

Thanks Tequila!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2006, 03:35:52 pm »
I DO have a clear sky (it has been like that for almost a week now) :D.... but there's a "minor" problem... I cannot see the eclipse from here :(.
Nice to see you enjoyed it Luth (I must add that was a nice repport :)).
[snapback]7984[/snapback]

Sorry to hear it Aluqak... and thanks for eating the clouds in the best moment!!!  :P

Ely: which type of sun glasses did you use? normal ones?  :afraid1: Good you could see the eclypse though!  :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 03:38:12 pm by Luthien »

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2006, 04:15:52 pm »
Yep, I used normal sun glasses, but pretty stong ones, though (still, no skiing type :D). I know, Markus' gonna kill me!

Thanks Tequila!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Lepaca Draconis Dies
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2006, 04:40:23 pm »
Yep, I used normal sun glasses, but pretty stong ones, though (still, no skiing type :D). I know, Markus' gonna kill me!
[snapback]7993[/snapback]

He will... and me too!!!  :ph34r: