Author Topic: Nightwish  (Read 238549 times)

Offline MissSwan

• I'm a lady, not a rock bitch
Re: Nightwish
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2008, 05:56:48 pm »
shut up  :wOOt:
Burning crystals of light, the gem of Lucifer...

Proud Mats Leven Fan

Tidesson, I'm your follower until Heaven's gate...

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2008, 06:00:11 pm »
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:12:51 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2008, 07:01:36 pm »
so I won't make infamous double posting crime! :innocent:

That's not a crime here.  :fish:
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2008, 07:02:04 pm »
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2008, 07:07:20 pm »
Sirius! :fish: You have just quoted yourself and committed a double posting crime at the same time! :wOOt: :thumbup:
I haven't seen your posts for sooo long time I've thought you are already dead... to the world... ;D
I'm back on topic again... :innocent:

edit:
btw I'm very happy you are not dead! :yeha: That would have been such a great loss for our street team... :afaid: I would rather lose Hans Zimmer than you! :thumbup:
Speaking about Hans Zimmer, I think I know the true reason for Tuomas' sudden happiness... He's probably happy that his favourite composer, Hans Zimmer, invited his old friend Tarja to visit him in LA... to do some weird stuff... I don't know what it is... :blink:
:biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 07:24:46 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2008, 08:16:26 pm »
NeMo, if you knew me better you would know that I am obsessed with showering.  :)

MissSwan, thank you for set-list, I like it, well it's fine I guess.

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2008, 08:26:29 pm »
NeMo, if you knew me better you would know that I am obsessed with showering.  :)

There is time OFFy... ;) For now it is enough I know that your birthday is ONE day before Tarja's... :P So I'll never forget to congratulate you! :)

I'm on topic again! ;D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:44:12 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2008, 08:47:11 pm »
There is time OFFy... ;) For now it is enough I know that your birthday is ONE day before Tarja's... :P So I'll never forget to congratulate you! :)

And my birthday is two days before OFFy's...which would mean it's three days before Tarja's  :lol3:
hehe...
I didn't know that  :blush:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2008, 08:49:51 pm »
And my birthday is THE SAME day like Tarja's! :yeha: And that makes me extra cool... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :P 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

edit:
the three of us could have a joint birthday party! :wOOt:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:54:45 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2008, 08:56:48 pm »
the three of us could have a joint birthday party! :wOOt:

hehehe we could...  :cheers: :b-day:  :biggrin:

and did you notice how it goes:
first mine (and I'm the youngest)
then Offy's
then yours
hihi

that's...interesting  :lol3: and off topic...  :blink: what's happening to me?  ¬¬ am I becoming a spammer?  :hit:   :afaid: :biggrin:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2008, 08:59:52 pm »
Yeah OFFy is in the sandwich! :biggrin: Mmmmmmmmmmmm... sandwiches... :wOOt: Misti we'll have a party at your place because I would like to meet your refrigerator! :roll:

edit:
Is it maybe like this one? :P

I like this one... seems to be very comfortable and roomy! :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:03:49 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2008, 09:05:34 pm »
Yeah OFFy is in the sandwich! :biggrin: Mmmmmmmmmmmm... sandwiches... :wOOt: Misti we'll have a party at your place because I would like to meet your refrigerator! :roll:

You just can't live without mentioning my refrigerator, can you?  :hit:  :lol3: :lol3:

and...we'll be listening to Nightwish (back on topic)  :lol3:
which albums would you like to hear NeMo? I've got all of them, so there's no worry   ^_^
hm...we could start with Oceanborn hehe  :wub:

edit: no it's not like that one...it's rather gray...and...there is a freezer on top of it... two in one  :lol3:
so you wouldn't fit inside  :P  :lol3: :lol3:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:09:00 pm by Mystique »

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2008, 09:08:07 pm »
I like The Riddler (Der Rätsler ;D) very much! Was my favourite for a long time... :)

edit:

edit: no it's not like that one...it's rather gray...and...there is a freezer on top of it...actually it's two in one  :lol3:

Maybe OFFy would... he is slightly smaller than I... :P
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2008, 09:11:04 pm »
Haha, it was my favourite for a long time as well

as the matter of fact, I remember I had that song's lyrics in my signature when I first registered to the official Therion forum  :wub:

edit:
edit: no it's not like that one...it's rather gray...and...there is a freezer on top of it...actually it's two in one  :lol3:

Maybe OFFy would... he is slightly smaller than I... :P

¬¬  :blink:  ¬¬

*not gonna comment this  :roll-eyes:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 02:59:16 pm by Mystique »

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2008, 06:02:29 pm »
Sirius! :fish: You have just quoted yourself and committed a double posting crime at the same time! :wOOt: :thumbup:

Not forgetting I was off-topic too!  :biggrin:  :fish:

I haven't seen your posts for sooo long time I've thought you are already dead... to the world... ;D

Never fear, even in death I will remain a solid supporter of the street team!  :ninja:

Er... on topic, I agree with OFFy's original post that Nightwish are a euro power metal band.  It was only the vocals that were distinctly different from most power metal-type bands  ...not so unique these days tho, eh?  ;)

OFFy mentioned Children Of Bodom in his original post, and actually there are plenty of similarities in riff-structure to be found in Oceanborn/Wishmaster-era NW and Hatebreeder/Follow The Reaper era CoB.  Clearly the overall feel between these two bands is very different - but there are also plenty of shared influences going on.

The reason I emphasise the "euro" power metal, is that the US interpretation of "Power Metal" can be quite different (thinking of '80s bands like Savatage, Metal Church, Meliah Rage etc, even Agent Steel).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 06:04:16 pm by Triocton »
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #235 on: January 04, 2008, 07:25:53 pm »
Haha, it was my favourite for a long time as well

as the matter of fact, I remember I had that song's lyrics in my signature when I first registered to the official Therion forum  :wub:

I remember too! :wOOt: I remember EyesInMist said that you were not welcome because you had Nightwish sig! ;D Speaking about EyesInMist, I checked his profile and there it said that he was originally from Dubrovnik, but at that moment being at the Neuropsychiatry in Varazdin. He just forgot to say whether he was there as a doctor or as a patient? :lol3:

Not forgetting I was off-topic too!  :biggrin:  :fish:

:roll:

Never fear, even in death I will remain a solid supporter of the street team!  :ninja:

I shall fear not, for I need dead solid supporters too! :wicking: Because Tuomas is dead too! :wOOt: Read the lyrics to Beauty of the Beast:

"I'm a Dead Boy, who failed to write an ending to all of his poems..." :bye:

@Triocton: if you, by any chance, meet Tuomas in hell, you'll know what to do... :fish:

And about the lyrics again... he says he failed to write an ending to all of his poems. I'd say he's gotten a second chance for that! :wOOt: Now when he has found that young and talented singer... what was her name again, Anette? Yes Anette... :P Can you imagine him remaking all the old songs and adding a stanza at the end of each, sung by Anette! :lol3: That would be like a cream on the top of the tart! :roll:
Mmmmmmmmmmm... tarts... :wOOt:

Er... on topic, I agree with OFFy's original post that Nightwish are a euro power metal band.  It was only the vocals that were distinctly different from most power metal-type bands  ...not so unique these days tho, eh?  ;)

I agree too... operatic (euro) power metal I say. I remember I had called them Stratowish on their forum for some time... :biggrin: I wanted to tease the forum majority who claimed they were gothic... :pock:
:P

Enough on topic, let us go off again... and it's OFFy's fault this time, as corroborated by his nick! :nana:

Haha, I like showering too... especially I like to shower loooooooooooong, at least half an hour, usually an hour! And this year in Berlin even longer 'cause I'm pretty much bored here... :ninja: When I lived together with my birthgivers, we had a quarrel every time I had a shower! :-\ They were saying to me "why do you have to shower that long, you are unnecessarily filling our cesspool! :mad3: Look at us, we finish in 10 minutes!"... I couldn't finish in 10 minutes even if I wanted... I use a shampoo for strengthening hair roots that needs 10 minutes to act... yeah I have weak hair... :bawl: not to mention that I like to sing under the shower! :wOOt: Speaking about cesspools, that's really a bummer for people living in the village... :bye: It's usually located in the yard behind the house, and since the yards are often small it is near to the house. And it gets full from time to time. Then you need to call the special service to come with a tanker to pump all the sh*t out... and after that the yard and the house smell like feces for days... it's worse than hell... imagine you have to sleep in such a surrounding... :afaid:
:roll:
Btw, my parents village got the sewage system couple of years ago! :yeha: It flows into the river Danube only 100 meters away from the beach... where we ALL swim during the hot summer days! :-\ :afaid: :ninja: :bye: :sofa:

Good I'm in Berlin now... ;D Here I cannot finish showering without singing Tarja's album My Winter Storm (Mein Winter Sturm :P) from A to Z! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
I'm on topic again! :yeha:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 09:21:35 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #236 on: January 04, 2008, 09:40:35 pm »
I remember too! :wOOt: I remember EyesInMist said that you were not welcome because you had Nightwish sig! ;D

haha that's right, NeMo...  ^_^ I remember like it was yesterday  :lol:
Btw, I wonder what has happened to him...he's been inactive for a while now...  :unsure:

Btw, NeMo, that last post of yours looks rather like a pm than a post  :lol3:
but, it's okay...you're still a spammer so we (you, me and the voices) forgive you  :lol3:

haha, by the way, luckily I live nowhere near Berlin, so I'm safe from hearing you singing My Winter Storm  :afaid:  :nosweat:  :lol3: :nana:

:pop:  :lol3:

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2008, 07:22:45 pm »
Btw, NeMo, that last post of yours looks rather like a pm than a post  :lol3:

God damn it Misti, that was PERSONAL! :disgust: Now the whole forum knows how my pms look like... :-\ Thanks to you! :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :nana: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:
What's next... you will divulge my biggest obsessions too, right? :P

NeMo's biggest obsessions:
1. Nightwish
2. Tarja
3. spamming
4. my refrigerator
5. Star Trek

Btw, you forgot to mention Sourth Park, there! :biggrin:

:bawl:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 07:26:59 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2008, 08:40:56 pm »
God damn it Misti, that was PERSONAL! :disgust: Now the whole forum knows how my pms look like... :-\ Thanks to you! :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :nana: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

Not that anyone cares...  :nana: :nana:
 :insane:

Here you go. Now we're even.  :fish:  :nana:  :insane: :lol3:

Just kidding.  :lol:
By the way, you haven't posted in here like...since yesterday!  :disgust:  :lol3:

P.S. I'm listening to Dark Passion Play instrumental cd... once again  :P great music... very Nightwishlike  :P  :lol3:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 08:42:34 pm by Mystique »

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2008, 12:15:25 pm »
haha that's right, NeMo...  ^_^ I remember like it was yesterday  :lol:

Like yesterday indeed... ^_^ But can you believe that it's been already 6 months since that! :ninja: Time is flying so fast, we are already half a year older... :-\ Or to be more precise you are half a year more adult(8)) and I (God damn it, I wanted to put this one into caps but it already is! :mad:) am half a year older! :afaid:
:P

Btw, I wonder what has happened to him...he's been inactive for a while now...  :unsure:

EyesInMist? Who knows, maybe that Neuropsychiatry in Varazdin decided to cut Internet to its patients! :P I just hope mine won't do the same... :afaid:

Not that anyone cares...  :nana: :nana:

There Misti! You've hurt my feelings(:-\)... I hope you are happy now! :bawl:

But I might forgive you... :)

...if you boost my karma! :P Hajde Misti, digni mi k**** molim te! :lol3:

Here you go. Now we're even.  :fish:  :nana:  :insane: :lol3:

Just kidding.  :lol:

And did you know that between Berlin and Virovitica there is EXACTLY the same amount of kilometers like between Virovitica and Berlin... unbelievable! :biggrin: So we are even again! :P

And this time I'm not kidding! :ninja:

By the way, you haven't posted in here like...since yesterday!  :disgust:  :lol3:

I'm learning... :idea: just like OFFy! ;D
:whistle:  :ninja: :afaid:

And back to the topic! ;D

P.S. I'm listening to Dark Passion Play instrumental cd... once again  :P great music... very Nightwishlike  :P  :lol3:

Have you heard those rumours saying Anette also participates on that CD... namely, she's dancing! I think her dancing is amazing... :P
So Tarja has a better voice but Anette dances better... that means they are also even! :biggrin:

:ninja:

God, please forbid such a thing EVER to happen! :-\ :afaid:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:09:08 pm by NeMo »
I Miskolc!