Author Topic: Drinks!!!!!  (Read 13776 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Drinks!!!!!
« on: August 08, 2005, 12:09:01 am »
Yes, I'm asking what do you like to drink. Not only alcoholic drinks, of course... but mainly!  :P  Feel free of explain how the drink is produced, how it has to be drunk, etc... I think that Jo Ta Erre can explain to us how kalimotxo is made and how it's drank mainly in parties with friends...  :lol:

I like a lot the "clara". It is (more or less) half beer and half lemonade. I don't like beer, but in "clara" it's good... and it's the thing I use to drink when all people ask for beer. If I want something stronger I can ask for a vodka with lemon/orange too. In general, I don't drink too much... but if there's wine on table (mainly red wine), I don't say no! And, in special ocasions, "cava" (the catalan "champagne").

:ph34r:  Your turn!  :ph34r:

NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 05:54:55 am »
Hey guys!

I have two main drinks that I  :wub:

1. Coca Cola or Coke how it is best known. I like it cold and I might sometimes add just a twist of lemon. I prefer it when it has a lot of soda. You know like when you drink it and suddenly your eyes turn red and you begin to cry hihi. A Coke works great on a hot day. I sometimes also put it in the freezer  and then I have a Coke loli pop  :P

2. Beer! and Beer and more Beer! this is THE drink. I don't drink it to drunk, I just drink it because I love the taste of it. I used to drink strong beers like Heineken (that is strong enough for me), but they now mess up my stomach, so now I mostly go for the softer beers. *invites all NTSMS for a round of beer on me!* teheeeeeeee!  :lol:

Offline Izzie

• http://
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 12:57:44 pm »
I like beers, but not all. My favs are: Heineken (dutch) and Kriek (belgian)

I like a lot Vodka too, with red bull, ananas, orange, or apple juice. And I also like it in a very small glass with strawberry syrup  :D

I like very much Tequila too, with orange juice and especially (i dunno how it's said): "hitten tequila"

I almost forgot: white wine, especially french ones

And the last one, champagne of course!!  :D

And how about Absinthe, someone has already drink that?  :P
I don't like the taste, but the effect that it gives to you is special  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 12:58:23 pm by Izzie »
Iza

www.matsleven.com
www.enslavedbymetal.com

Therion's forum member #1676
Matslevén member #16
Therion society member #249
NTSMS member #104
English killer member #2

Prepare the war between gods deep inside your soul ...

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 05:51:52 pm »
Well, finally somebody has created THE THREAD... why didn't I do it myself before? that's a mistery..
Anyway, to keep it on topic: Among the alcoholic stuff rhum gets the first place... old aged rhum which I drink alone... no ice, no lemon, no sugar-cane syrup, no coke, nothing, just rhum. In second place I'll put the Sherry (Jerez in Spanish). This one was my father's fault, there's nothing bettern that a good "Fino" in a summer day or an "Amontillado" in the middle of the autumn. Following the list I'll put, in no particular order, Tequila, Vodka, Pisco (a Chilean spirit made from grapes), French red and white Wines (Languedoc and Alsace regions are among my favorites) and beer. I didn't like beer before moving to Canada... but here I have discovered plenty of good ones (most of them non-Canadians :lol:), and wow! It has become very difficult to see a football game or a metal show without a beer in my hand.

Among the non-alcoholic stuff I love fruit-juices especially mango and lulo (a very sour South and Central American fruit). I think fruit-juices are the thing i miss the most from the home country.. here they are so bad, so dilluted and so expensive.... that I have become a Coca-Colaholic :wacko:.

Well, that's it... i think
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 04:26:23 am »
Fruit drinks? I think of a folkloric drink we have here called "chicha", it's made of fermented fruits and in some cases made out of corn. It's good, sweet and tasty, but be careful, it's decetfuil suddenly it caughts you off guard and BOOM!  :wacko: *hip*

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 12:36:30 pm »
Ok; that´s my turn...

When i was younger, i used to drink (and not only me, my friends too), mainly, kalimotxo. Kalimotxo is a half of red wine, and a half of coke. People says that the real kalimotxo must be made with good (expensive) rioja wine and Coca Cola; on the other hand, several people thinks that the really good one is made with the cheaper tetra-briked wine you can find in any supermarket...I don´t really mind; I can drink any kalimotxo, the made with the best or worst wine, with coke light or pepsi...the only condition: it must be cold.

As Luth said, kalimotxo is a very popular drink in this part of Europe:

1) Go to the supermarket; take 2 tetra-brik of wine, a 2L Pepsi bottle and a big mineral water bottle.  
2) Empty the mineral water bottle (not preferences)
3) Open the first tetra-brik, and let the wine flowing into the empty bottle...
4) When the tetra-brik is empty, take the cola and full the "water" bottle with it.
5) Shake the "water" bottle and...ENJOY IT :lol:

P.D: if you´ve not enough, you have a 2nd tetra-brik and other cola litre ;)

But i´m not only a kalimotxo drinker, no, no, no. When i left  my adolescence, i started drinking beer, solo or mixed with lemon soft drinks (we call it Lejía or cervi-kas). Fantastic when the weather is hot  B)

Now, i´m coming back to adolescence and i become a big kalimotxo drinker again. :ph34r:

...And non alcoholic drinks...i drink orange soft drinks: Kas naranja; litres and litres of Kas... :lol:

There are several pages about kalimotxo on the web...so if you´re interested... ;)
Me pica la medusaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Izzie

Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 12:40:33 pm »
Hey! I live very near of Alsace  :P

Non-alcoholic drinks, I like Cola, a fruit drink but dunno its name (strawberry syrup + orange juice), it's good with vodka too  :)

I especially like exotic fruits I think...like ananas, etc
Iza

www.matsleven.com
www.enslavedbymetal.com

Matslevén member #16
NTSMS member #104
English killer member #2

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 02:36:01 pm »
Fruit drinks? I think of a folkloric drink we have here called "chicha", it's made of fermented fruits and in some cases made out of corn. It's good, sweet and tasty, but be careful, it's decetfuil suddenly it caughts you off guard and BOOM!  :wacko: *hip*
[snapback]4695[/snapback]
I was talking about non-alcoholic juices (fruits+water+sugar+ice ... in a blender). We have also have chicha in Colombia, it is the traditional alcoholic beverage of some amerindian groups, and well :unsure: ... I was not born to be an amerindian (from the alcoholic point of view ;)).

I especially like exotic fruits I think...like ananas, etc
[snapback]4695[/snapback]
To think pineapples (ananas) are among the most common fruits in my home-country :rolleyes: .. hey! what am I saying, I always hated pineapples!

Now, this is a good "exotic" fruit (Zapote) --->
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 03:29:42 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 06:47:21 pm »
I like blood, mmmm....  :wub:

And beer, specialy Guinness ^_^

I hate vine <_<
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 11:52:20 pm »
Second best alcoholic drink ever = Vodka + Anything

Best alcoholic drink ever = Vodka + Nothing  :)

Best non-alcoholic drink = pure simple Orange Juice.  Although I drink lots of blackcurrant cordial, too.
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 06:19:49 am »
:blink:

@Sirius: Drinking Vodka + nothing is like drinking pure 90 degree alcohol  :blink: Pure vodka for me will work great for medical purposes. That is as close I will get to pure vodka :ph34r:

@Aluqak: that's the yummiest "zapote" I have ever seen!  :P But the most exotic fruit you will find here are all the types of mamones (hahaha funny name)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 08:53:10 am »
Nonononono, the pure alcohol is Izzie's absinthe. This is REALLY 90%!!! (never tried, but I know about loads of XIX-XX writters who died alcoholized because of this evil drink. Writers who were really genius in the middle of their halluciations!!).

I always drink vodka + anything... except when I was at Russia, and the russian family who welcomed in their house used to give us vodka + nothing. One day they asked us if we wanted some... and it was at the morning, just awake  :wacko: (we said, very kindly, that no this time  :unsure: ).

English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Izzie

Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 11:41:02 am »
Actually, the absinthe i drank was 72%, and it was a real one. And it's not so strong since you have to drink it with water and sugar, anyway I don't like "anis" taste, that's why I don't like it very much.
Those 90%, you can only find them in countries like Poland or Russia.

Have you ever tried "Goldstrike", it's a transparent drink with gold inside (no kidding). My friends drink a lot of that, but never tried since I don't like the taste of "canel"...
Iza

www.matsleven.com
www.enslavedbymetal.com

Matslevén member #16
NTSMS member #104
English killer member #2

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 02:16:53 pm »
Wow, now we are talking about a thread that works!... what a bunch of alcoholic people visit this forum!
OK, on topic now:
About Absynthe: The problem with absynthe was the presence of essential oils in the roots of the plant used to do it (Artemisia spp.). Some of these oils have narcotic and, in some cases, hallucinogenic effects, which made them pretty dangerous. That is why this drink was forbiden during the 19th - 20th century. Now-a-days, there is a method to remove these oils, and the absythe we consume is safe... except for the 72% in alcohol which is not bad at all. I have tasted absynthe once, and it was not for me.

About vodka + nothing: This is a good one, but I prefer aged-rhum + nothing. There are a couple of very good vodkas out there.. not very strong though. The Russians call them vodka-for-turists (because of their "low" alcohol content... about 40%), and the most famous (I think) is Zubrowka, a vodka aromatized with bison-weed (the weed the bisons used to eat in the Polish and Russian plains). Zubrowka + nothing: highly recomended!

About Goldstrike: ARRGGGHHH!!!!! a Strong and VERY sweet cinnamon (canel) flavour. Close to the kalimotxo in my top ten worst beverages (;)). My advise: buy a bottle of this thing, filter it, drop the alcohol and keep the gold :D.

About mamones: Yeap, these are pretty exotic, and very difficult to eat too.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:45:15 pm by Aluqak »
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 02:35:55 pm »
Ha, ha, I see which topics are interessant to post...  :ph34r:

"Mamones", hahahahahaha!!! There are no "cabrones" too?  :P

PD. Sorry for the terrible joke... I couldn't help it  :ph34r:

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 04:41:22 pm »
"Mamones", hahahahahaha!!! There are no "cabrones" too?  :P
[snapback]4718[/snapback]
OH Yeah! there are a lot of "cabrones" out there, but they are not so exotic, and are very, VERY difficult to grasp.
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Carlios

Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 08:05:22 pm »
Damn...

Am I the only one that doesn't drink alcoholic beverages???

Well, I like Coke, and soda, specially peach and pineapple :D

About alcoholic drinks I don't know, I just don't like the taste of them... well, only the sweet ones (you know those sissy drinks that have an umbrella on it :lol:   i.e. piña colada, etc.)

Que la Ancylotoma duodenale te Acompañe / May the Ancylostoma duodenale be with You[/b][/u][/size][/font]

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 04:57:38 am »
OH Yeah! there are a lot of "cabrones" out there, but they are not so exotic, and are very, VERY difficult to grasp.
[snapback]4722[/snapback]

Hehe, the thing about "mamones" is that it is a very dangerous fruit to eat. It is very easy for the big round seed to go all the way into your throat and you could asphyxsiate. So I would call it a dangerous exotic fruit  :ph34r:

@Luth: Lots of "cabrones" here too and "hijos de su (*&*^&%^"   :P

Offline Izzie

Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005, 08:53:02 pm »
The Russians call them vodka-for-turists (because of their "low" alcohol content... about 40%), and the most famous (I think) is Zubrowka, a vodka aromatized with bison-weed (the weed the bisons used to eat in the Polish and Russian plains). Zubrowka + nothing: highly recomended!

About Goldstrike: ARRGGGHHH!!!!! a Strong and VERY sweet cinnamon (canel) flavour. Close to the kalimotxo in my top ten worst beverages (wink.gif). My advise: buy a bottle of this thing, filter it, drop the alcohol and keep the gold biggrin.gif.

We have Zubrowka here !!  :D  Good one

And about the Goldstrike, I don't think you'll be rich with the gold in that you can keep... And i hate its flavour  :wacko:
Iza

www.matsleven.com
www.enslavedbymetal.com

Matslevén member #16
NTSMS member #104
English killer member #2

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
Drinks!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 05:43:33 am »
Can someone please send me a bottle of that "Goldstrike"? sounds very interesting hihihi *hic*  :P