Author Topic: Concert reviews  (Read 215919 times)

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
Concert reviews
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2005, 06:11:08 pm »
Yes, but the wind only appeared, couriously, in th e afternoon. The bands that played by night didn´t have this problem :unsure: and by night the volume was higher (you know MANOWAR was there).
I would like to go in your time machine to the Metalway... ;)
Me pica la medusaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 06:28:31 pm »
WOW!... you are talking about a good festival JR ... Nice review *getting jealous (again)*
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
Concert reviews
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2005, 08:14:27 pm »
...and about metalheads, on friday there were 8000, and over 15000 on saturday and sunday.

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Concert reviews
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2005, 02:26:33 pm »
The Morbid Angel show has been cancelled. Buaaaaaaaaaa!  :( :(

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2005, 06:03:33 am »
He-he-he... I'll sleep a happy man today.
Just coming back from the Therion show. I thought it was going to be a good one, and it was even better than I thought.
Go to Therion Section if you want to read my review.

Hail mighty THERION!!!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 06:04:02 am by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline AKASHA

Concert reviews
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2005, 06:57:50 pm »
There are no words to describe how unbelievably awesome, inspiring, and downright spiritual that show was.
If you miss the concert at your closest venue, throw yourself into a pit of rabid pit bulls, because you do not deserve to live!(just kidding) This was my dream concert. Our family has been waiting forever... :wacko: Anyways, we took our 13 year old son with us to the House of Blues-Chicago, a very respectable and beautiful establishment (i might add). This was a VERY small club. PERFECT!!!! My son has been a Therion addict since he could talk, this was the most incredible experience ever. I put it up there with childbirth, wedding day, and of course some our best rituals. Need i say more?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Concert reviews
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2005, 07:22:59 pm »
There are no words to describe how unbelievably awesome, inspiring, and downright spiritual that show was.
If you miss the concert at your closest venue, throw yourself into a pit of rabid pit bulls, because you do not deserve to live!(just kidding) This was my dream concert. Our family has been waiting forever... :wacko: Anyways, we took our 13 year old son with us to the House of Blues-Chicago, a very respectable and beautiful establishment (i might add). This was a VERY small club. PERFECT!!!! My son has been a Therion addict since he could talk, this was the most incredible experience ever. I put it up there with childbirth, wedding day, and of course some our best rituals. Need i say more?
[snapback]5364[/snapback]

Woooow! That's a True Fan!! Congrats, you are a good mother and good Therion fan...  :lol:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
Concert reviews
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2005, 12:45:58 am »
One hour ago finished the Kill the Thrill and Arcturus´ gig in Irun.
Kill the Thrill trio made hotter the ambient it was, for the people that was expecting for the big Arcturus.
Their long songs were programmed on drums and keyboards. About 45 minutes of heavy rythms before the show I´d waited for months.
Some problems with the "masquerade infernale" intro get me nervous, and the problems with a jack in the first song, worst.
But Arcturus is a big band and all the problems dissapeared and gave us a big show, with the a bit-fat wine drinker Simen and his bit-limitated voice in some moments; the good job of the guitar players, Tore and Knut; the masterwork of Hugh on bass and Jan with the mega-"Hellhammer", and the direction of Sverd on keys. Specially exceptional, the dancers with their perfomance in four songs :ph34r:
75 minutes in an awaken dream... :rolleyes:

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2005, 02:42:27 am »
DANCERS?... you say Arcturus had dancers on the show? :blink: :o
This is a whole new concept for me.... have to sit for a second.
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
Concert reviews
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2005, 01:07:12 pm »
Yes, two girls... :ph34r:

p.d. photo taken from the Arcturus´ site forum

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2005, 07:25:27 pm »
mmm... seems nice. Hope it was different from the ancient CoF shows. That was most funny than anything else.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 04:55:32 pm by Aluqak »
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2005, 05:07:38 pm »
Well my turn now:
Last night a friend of mine convinced me to go with him to a Extreme Death Metal concert featuring Despised Icon, Aborted, Vader, Suffocation and Cryptopsy. I went mostly beacause of Vader, and the concert resulted pretty "useful".
Depised Icon: Noisy catchy death metal... it was fun but nothing more.
Aborted: Surprised by this one, the sound was good, and the guys were really nice (on stage and out stage too).
Vader: The sound was not good at all. Too bad.
Suffocation: The sound was OK, but the setlist was too loooooong and repetitive.
Cryptopsy: The sound was awfull (never heard the singer). I decided to left before the end.
Now, why did I say that it was a pretty "useful" show?
Because, this show was at the very same place where Therion played 2 months ago, and this concert helped me to realize how good their sound was. I mean, Therion had a 4 people choir, 2 singers (Mats and Chris), 2 guitars, 1 bass, the drums and a sampler for the orchestral parts, and you could listen every sound perfectly. Yesterday, it was terrible. Anyway, the good news is that I have another show on tuesday, and I'll be able to forget about this one. :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 08:11:32 pm by Aluqak »
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
Concert reviews
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2005, 07:22:15 pm »
Well this time I will go the concert  I have planned to...I already have my tickets and this coming SUnday I will go see Marduk! \m/

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
Concert reviews
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2005, 04:15:49 pm »
Today is D day! wooohooooo! \m/

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2005, 01:39:59 am »
Have fun Eresh!
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2005, 02:10:32 pm »
Second concert in a week, and my neck is not doing very well. Last night we had Amon Amarth, Trivium and Children of Bodom in town. AA was great but too short... i cannot understand how is that a band like AA has to open a concert for a band like Trivium, 'cause Trivium really sucked... they are just another comercial happy Nu-Metal band. Children was very good, the sound was great and the crowd got into it. A good concert, which could have been excelent if Trivium was n't there. Next show... Behemoth
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2005, 03:49:23 pm »
One more show, and one more post in this thread which is becoming a boring monologue.
Last night I saw Amenophis, Necronomicon and Behemoth.
Amenophis is a black metal band from Quebec... nothing new here, but they played well.
Necronomicon is a another good band from "La Belle Province", very good performance. These guys haven't stoped surprising me.
Behemoth: Speechless. A wondeful and very solid show. Too bad that the sound wasn't optimal.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 05:16:45 pm by Aluqak »
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Concert reviews
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2005, 05:05:11 pm »
I can't post here because I don't use to go to concerts, as easy as this...  :unsure:

But I keep reading all the reaviews and enjoying them  ^_^
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
Concert reviews
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2005, 07:45:58 pm »
Aluqak wrote: One more show, and one more post in this thread which is becoming a boring monologue.
Oh my god! Not boring at all!!!!!!!! :ph34r: and about the monologue...i´m expecting december´s shows: Opeth and Morbid Angel are coming to Bergara...who knows, maybe i´ll be there :rolleyes:

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Concert reviews
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2006, 05:34:46 pm »
OK, the year hasn't started and I already have been to my first show of 2006. Lastnight we had Finntroll and Sodom in town. Awesome concert!!! The sound was very good for finntroll and flawless for Sodom. I had the chance to chat a bit with Tom (Sodom) after the show, really nice guy. He told me they are planning to tour on Latin America later this year. :)
About Finntroll: they did a good job in the stage, finished the show, took their bus and left... no chat, no autographs, no nothing :(.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 05:37:31 pm by Aluqak »
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?