Author Topic: Snowy and Therion - No more  (Read 29887 times)

Offline Penny lane

• The Eternal Sophia
    • myspace
Snowy and Therion - No more
« on: July 08, 2010, 06:00:45 am »
Official Statement from Snowy's myspace blog:

Therion singer & frontman Snowy Shaw is forced to sit out this weekend's show at RockHarz, Germany due to sickness.

This German festival would have been Snowy's last show and with the band after he have decided to part ways with Therion after 4 years, 2 studio albums, Live DVD's and numerous tours around the world.

However, Snowy is included and has contributed writing and co-writing songs on the forthcoming Therion album: Sitra Ahra (scheduled for release through Nuclear Blast in September)

"I've had a terrific and great time touring and working with Therion and I do wish them nothing but the best in the future, but I've felt for some time that it's time for me to move on. I also wanna take the opportunity to show my gratitude and thank all the loyal fans for their support, love and understanding."

This however, will not effect their shows and Therion will continue as planned, and Thomas Vikström will from now on handle Snowy's parts too, At Rockharz Festival and the following tours in South/Central America, Mexico, Europe, Russia and so on.

Moreover, on the side of his vocal duties, as a graphic designer & artist Snowy was hired to be in charge of the visual aspects and help improve their stageact and performance for Gothic Kabbalah world tour 2007 and Therion's 20th anniversary tour.

------------------------------------------------

:bye: but i support his decision completely.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
Re: Snowy and Therion - No more
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 07:43:36 am »
Well, there goes another member of the original GK line-up. :bye:
Quite honestly, his style and everything was something I had to get used to at first, but his singing was amazing and I'm hoping Thomas manages to do all the parts. I guess that all that's left to say is that I wish him best luck in whatever he ends up doing.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 03:58:55 pm »
Well, one thing sucks in my opinion - Therion won't sound good with one singer, I want to hear CHOIR!!!! I don't like this new theatratical (?) direction in with Therion is going. I just need them to sound good as on the record so when choir sings that I get the chills.

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 04:32:45 pm »
Well, one thing sucks in my opinion - Therion won't sound good with one singer, I want to hear CHOIR!!!! I don't like this new theatratical (?) direction in with Therion is going. I just need them to sound good as on the record so when choir sings that I get the chills.

I second that.

And I don't mind Snowy leaving. I never liked him anyways, and I don't think his singing was that amazing.  :wacko:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 05:48:36 pm »
And I don't mind Snowy leaving. I never liked him anyways, and I don't think his singing was that amazing.  :wacko:

I think that his singing is very good, very unique, he sings in some of my favorite songs (The Wand of Abaris, Land of Canaan) and sounds great, it's just that I always prefer choir.

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 05:52:33 pm »
For me is the best singer Therion has ever had  :ninja:
6 6 6

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 05:56:45 pm »
For me is the best singer Therion has ever had  :ninja:

Piotr for me but then again I prefer when he sings in just some parts of the song (like Theli, Summernight City) than whole songs (like Children of the Damned, Dreams of Swedenborg).

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 06:22:52 pm »
I'm sad he's living... It's not only his voice (widest range of tones ever heard... or almost!), but it's all the show he performed on stage. You could hate it, love it, or be amused by it. I felt a little of all of that. But one if the things I remember more about last show in Barcelona is when Snowy jumped to a bar up on the stage like a monkey... well, I won't see Chris doing it  :nana:

A loss... but as always, Therion will get another one, absolutely different and absolutely good. That's life!  :cht:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 05:21:32 pm »
Darn, I'm gonna miss that guy. I really liked the theatrical ambiance he put in the live shows. But then again, Therion will move on and so we will.
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 05:38:54 pm »
Hey folks,

Alu, yeah, weird as he is, I liked him. But this is Therion, ever changing. And I must admit that Lori's leaving would hurt me much more.

Does Chris sound slightly pissed at Snowy to you in his statement? I mean, compare what he wrote about Snowy's leaving to what he wrote about Nalle. With Nalle he expressed understanding and respect, while with Snowy he expressed surprise, lack of understanding and emphasised that musicians of Therion have always been replaceable. That quite says something, doesn't it?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 06:07:40 pm »
To be honest... I never liked Snowy. I know that everybody says he's awesome musician etc... It's just that I mostly enjoy shows without that theatrical stuff so I can concentrate better on the music and he seemed  to me pretty egoistic and on the surface kind of man.
I don't say he is not good - definitely he is great  :wink2:  but... he's just not my cup of tea so - I won't miss him.
But then again, who does.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 06:22:36 pm »
Well, Snowy wasn't a permanent Therion member like Thomas or Nalle.

Offline Kurenai Schwarz

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 07:51:38 pm »
Well, Snowy wasn't really a band member. From what I know, he was paid by performed show. But still, it seems to be a lack of consideration to leave like he did. I'd like to see what he's coming up with. It must be something VERY good...

And talking about differences of understanding, look what the other permanent member said about Snowy:

"JUL 13 2010 Haninge SWEDEN

It's now comfirmed that my friend Snowy will leave Therion for another band. I wish him the best of luck in the future and welcome back if you get bored in the land of darkness :)
Your forever friend Thomas"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:53:25 pm by Kurenai Schwarz »

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 09:14:18 pm »
well, Snowy and Thomas are/were friends, I remember a day when I was talking to both guys on skype, Snowy was sleeping at Thomas's home.

Seems that Snowy's leaving was a surprise.. Anyway, I hope to see Snowy soon in Poland, with Dimmu Borgir? :)

I will miss Wand of Abaris, Wisdom and the cage, Land of Canaan live.. and Thor the powerhead.. (ps. this *hammer* was really light :) I've checked it in Płock)

I wish all the best to Snowy, he's an amazing guy, very talented and creative.

Offline Kurenai Schwarz

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 09:30:03 pm »
Lol, it really looks light, by the way he waves it at the Live Gothic DVD :P

I found it strange to see Thomas saying he's welcome to return after Chris' post. It clearly gave the impression that he wasn't satisfied at all with the way Snowy left. Probably Thomas spoke his personal opinion, and not as a band member.

And when I say I'd like to see his future work, I really mean it - Snowy is one of the best artists who sang at Therion IMO.

Offline Kurenai Schwarz

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 07:56:44 pm »
Snowy and Therion - YES more  :wOOt:

Snowy rejoins Therion and will perform on the upcoming tour, as Christofer announces: "We are very happy to announce that Snowy has rejoined Therion. We welcomed him back with open arms, and we will now be making a mix between the new show we had planned, and the last one which involved Snowy. We think the merger between the two concepts will be incredible, and we look forward to taking the band's live performance to the next level."

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 10:19:23 pm »
He-he... that's what I call a U-turn :biggrin: . If Swony's plan was indeed to join Dummy Burger, I think he took the right decision. The last news concerning DB have made me put this face --->  ::)
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 03:51:09 pm »
Jajaja Dummy Burger jajajajjaa. Excellent news to hear Snowy the clowny has re joint. I think he fits really well like antithesis of therion behaviour. About the canceled shows in the north of mexico, i think that is a wise decition, because the fucking drugs war is just crazy and stupid as the aborresent midget ¨president¨ we have.
6 6 6

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 04:56:43 pm »
Hey there,

it's really bad news that the safety situation in your country so bad that the shows have to be cancelled, Lava. I hope your region is not directly affected?

Well yeah, I'm glad that Snowy rejoined. But still the whole story leaves a bitter after-taste, and on the official forum you can see that not everybody is happy about his return.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 08:08:49 pm »
Hey there,

it's really bad news that the safety situation in your country so bad that the shows have to be cancelled, Lava. I hope your region is not directly affected?

Well yeah, I'm glad that Snowy rejoined. But still the whole story leaves a bitter after-taste, and on the official forum you can see that not everybody is happy about his return.

Cheers!

Markus

That´s why I don´t move in the official forum  ;)
6 6 6