Author Topic: Therionizing  (Read 34138 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Therionizing
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:08:04 am »
This is a simple question: who has been Therionized by you?

My answer: I showed Therion to my ex-school driving teacher, and he liked it (I don't think it is a real Therionization, though), I've Therionized Xiquet and, Xiquet Therionized his guitar teacher just yesterday. The teacher asked him to bring music he likes, and he brought all my Therion collection. I've to say that Xiquet's teacher is a monster... he has played all over the world with his guitar and can play what you like to ask him... Well, he was terribly surprised by Therion quality... I think Xiquet has Therionized him  :ninja:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Re: Therionizing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 10:53:57 am »
I have logically therionized a couple of people :spock:
First, I must say that I was therionized by my sister and her boyfriend at the time. I drifted a away from metal during the early 90's tired of the recurrent death metal tendencies (always faster, always harder). Then, she brought me a home-made tape with some metal songs (a gift from her boyfriend), the first of which was Tomegatherion. My reaction was very simple: My jaw dropped, I stayed in shock for 5-10 minutes, then went to my sister's room and asked with a trembling voice: "What on earth is this thing?"... the rest is history.

Then, in Canada I therionized two more people: 1. A good friend of mine who is pretty much into brutal death metal stuff, but who also knows how to recognize good music when he hears it. He got therionized by Gothic Kabbalah, and his reaction was quiet logical ( :spock: ). "Man, this album is almost perfect. The guitars sound when they have to, the singers sing when they have to ... just wonderful... not bad for a non-death metal band".

2. A colleague of mine. He was driving me to a meeting in Ottawa (a looong 5 hours and a half drive), and tired of his music he said to me: "Alright man, let's give a try to your stuff. Put something good that anybody might like". I played Vovin, and since the first notes from Rise of Sodom his reaction was exactly the same than mine when I first heard Tomegatherion: Jaw dropped, stayed in shock for some minutes, etc. I had to make him a copy of all my Therion cd's before coming back from the meeting. He told me: "You won't get into my car without a copy of all the albums of that band you played the other day".
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:06:18 am »
Nice topic, Luth! :lol3:

The survivor of my most successful Therionizing action is the boyfriend of my mother. He's more than 70 years old, a huuuge fan of classical music. I simply gave him a copy of GK as a present, because I thought he would like that. And in fact he did! :wOOt: He is used to listen to the album regularly. :thumbup:

Other victims of my activity are a good friend of mine and her boyfriend. He asked me for Therion music, so I made a copy for them. I got no reactions yet, but I'll meet her tomorrow so I'll ask her for sure if her bf is still alive. :D

My colleagues also know that I'm into Therion, and one of them asked me for some music I like, but that was Opeth, that's another story. :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:21:32 am »
Hello Therionizers,

I have successfully therionized some younger friends of mine at the astronomers' society. I have also therionized a couple of friends I know from elsewhere. On my party last Saturday they played SOTR all by themselves, without any hints of mine, and even twice. :)

I gave a couple of the softer tunes to my parents as well, and they do like them, but this doesn't really count as a full-fledged therionisation. :lol3:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:50:29 pm »
I Therionized myself in a way.. I was checking through the cds in our local library.. I found Secret of the Runes... I heard about Therion from magazines coz at the time there was someone writting about how Lemuria is an amazing album.. so as I found SOTR I thought let's give it a try.. at the time I didn't know anything about runes and I found the cover smth I must study and get the meaning.. I was 14 I think.. still too much in rock and grunge and such.. and I've fallen in love with the first song and than everything else.. it was just so perfect.. I could feel it the way like nothing else before.. like it's a part of me, in my blood..

And than I first tryed with a schoolmate of mine.. and she loved them and still does too..we were young and eager to find new music and so I just borrowed cds to her... than I think next victim was my.. let's call him ex-bf (or actually it was  two of them who got Therionized by me).... and than a girl I knew from the place we lived before we moved to where are we now.. and maybe some more.. I always just suggested them and when people got to buy or usually download cds from net and got to their first listening they liked them... but now.. everywhere I go everybody knows them.. I think I'll have to go back  to primary school and teach kids what good music is..   :evil2:  :ninja:  :lol3:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:47:18 pm by saphira »
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 05:23:02 pm »
My mother. I showed "Gothic Kabbalah" to her and she loved it. ^_^
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 03:03:41 am »
I was therionized by a misterious guy from the internet 7 or 8 years ago. He told me that it was the kind of music i must listen. My first step in the therionizing process was Lepaca Kliffoth, and with Secret of the Runes  i was totally iniciated in the dark realms :ninja:

These are the people i remember i therionized

1.- Ixtlán band members (Gothic Kabbalah)  :evil2:

2.- A friend who was at his 15teen (6 years ago) very deep in the ¨ Smashing Pumpkins current style¨ I prensented him Therion and Dissection, and when now he is almost a practicioner of the left hand path  :lol3:  ( now when we go to drink some beers, we always listen  Gothic Kabbalah  and Reinkaos albums, as well as our hymn ¨Free bird¨ from Lynyrd Skynyrd).

Ho Therion Ho Therionized

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:09:24 am by lavaniegosII »
6 6 6

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 09:10:42 pm »
I therionized some people from Puławy, my mum - maybe because Thomas is handsome and nice? :P anyway, if I well remember she said she likes Lemuria :)

I was therionized by my brother. He got Theli cassette (of course pirate copy) from his classmate and friend, felt in love and started to buy some Therion cassettes. First was Deggial, Lepaca Kliffoth and Vovin. When we were playing some day in Battle Tech III - game, some kind of Battle Ships; we were listening to Deggial cassette - some days later I asked him for some Therion songs, he gave me Lepaca Kliffoth and I felt in love with Therion - that's how it has started :)

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 11:48:34 am »
I therionized my friend - but since he's a death metal fan I got him only into the first two albums :lol:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline RagingRadish

• www.flickr.com
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 11:23:43 pm »
I Therionized my wife.  She'd never heard of them but when they came to Toronto in 2007 I said I was going and she volunteered to tag along.  Well...she loved it.  Next thing I knew, all my CDs were in her car!  Her favorite is Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Edit: It was 2007 when Therion was in Toronto
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:22:42 pm by RagingRadish »

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 04:08:42 am »

More than 3 Gf's and 100 students!! Easily!!

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 05:55:59 pm »
Oh my goodness, Loke,

100 students? That's a hell of a lot. Perhaps only Chris has therionised more people than that. :lol3:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 07:15:01 pm »
Indeed. That sounds almost like the quick spreading of a new religion :pop:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline [AraXHieL]

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 03:16:16 am »
Well... in my case the only one that I sucessfuly Therionize was my cousin  :drunk: xD the older one... because the youngest... well he almost get it, but between his addiction to Txus's (Mago :sick: de  Oz :sick: drummer) d**k (:afaid:) and his obsession with -core things (and also emo things) he decided that commercial stuff was fine for him...

I wish I could say that one day he will change his path, grow up (or at least put his feet on the ground), to abandon the path of evil (:lol3:)... But... I don't think that day comes...

Anyway, my cousin, the 'healthy' one, make the attempt to Therionize his girlfriend (but this time, Vile Valo and friends arrived to put end to the festival) and I, well I tried to Therionize my niece, my girlfriend and my pet  :biggrin:  but the only one who show any progress is my the pet ... ironic, huh? Nah, i'm kidding... (or not?  :innocent:)

Indeed. That sounds almost like the quick spreading of a new religion :pop:

Can you send some apostles/preachers/whatever  :bow: for this lands?  :pop:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 12:45:42 pm »
Hey Arax,

a therionised pet? I can imagine a growling dog, but what else do I have to think of? A cat, banging its head to "Mega Therion"? A parakeet, joining the soprano in "Arrow from the Sun"? Or what does your therionised pet do? :wOOt:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Hatecraft

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 09:10:02 pm »
My girlfriend, a friend, other friend, and a bunch of guys I know who just love copying my tastes, my mother, and that's about it.
The satisfaction of a moment is the bane of the next.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 10:55:07 pm »
I think therionising one's mother counts threefold.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Hatecraft

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 10:58:56 pm »
And we will all surely try to Therionize our children, of course!
The satisfaction of a moment is the bane of the next.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 11:10:25 pm »
For sure!

And the best way to convince children of anything is to forbid it to them. :ninja:

World domination, anyone?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 04:02:41 pm »
I love when my mom enters my room and says to turn up the volume so she can listen. Sometimes she plays some Therion songs to her friends  ;D

Probably all my friends listen Therion because of me, not as much as me but anyway. They go to the concerts with me.  :)