Poll

How would you best describe yourself

Gimme rocknroll
Em ... im more of a uhm like an elf maiden
Somewhere inbetween (dont vote for this unless you really are inbetween)
BOTTOM O THE SEA option (dunno what it means tho)

Author Topic: Therion fans - rocknroll or ...  (Read 14846 times)

Offline panx

• The mad scientist
Therion fans - rocknroll or ...
« on: January 26, 2009, 09:04:21 pm »
Ok people it has come to my attention that there are two major groups of people here. I am very concerned that one of them is prevailing. So i am creating this poll to see just to what extent i am right

So, to explain this poll:

If you enjoy loud music, like to sometimes scream along the music too  :P, like to go outside with friends, only not to read books in the sanctuary of the trees but to have a party  :drunk:, if you dont get goosebumps as soon as someone says the f*** word or the c*** word, if you do sports other than badminton, dont plan your future in every single detail untill death does you ... parts ... but rather let life bring it to ya, choose option 1, "gimme rocknroll"

If you like to listen to celtic folk music, classic pieces and occasionally therion and maybe, just maybe even another symphonic metal band, if you do your walks in the forests to let you concentrate and practice your magick, if you dont drink alcohol, coffee, dont smoke and anything else, get the "eew" expression as soon as it gets to dirty talking, if you always obey your mum and dad and if you rarely miss school, if you never or very seldom indulge in the little thingies that make our life fun, If you spend a month comforting your friend after his/her bird died, knowing how hard it was for you when your precious little parrot died - then choose option 2, "Em ... im more of a uhm like an elf maiden"

If you have exactly 50:50 in terms of answer 1 and answer 2, choose answer 3, "Somewhere inbetween (dont vote for this unless you really are inbetween)"

Happy voting :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: Therion fans - rocknroll or ...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:26:17 pm »
Ummm... your poll lacks the option for true Notessomes-followers: "What the fuck is wrong with classical music and long concentrated walks?!", which is why I'm not gonna vote here. :ninja:

Cheers, anyway!

Markus

Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:27:50 pm »
I'm absolutely in between. I like and I enjoy a broad fork of music, specially metal (not only Therion, and not only symphonic), but I like celtic music too, some rock... Mainly metal, I've to say.

I like parties... but I'm not the kind of person who is ever partying. In fact, I enjoy a lot a quiet night (or day) reading, chatting, walking or whatever too. I hardly go to a crazy party lately... perhaps age has something to do...  :lol:

And I've no problems with dad and mum, for three reasons: 1. I've ever had a good relation with them; 2. They have given me the space I need... never been too strict, or too "weak"; and 3. I don't live with them anymore  :lol:

Oh... and I don't use to talk dirty, but I can't help to use some bad expression from time time...  :innocent:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:34:38 pm »
I'm missing the classical "BOTTOM OF THE SEA!" option. -_-

I'm not in between, but I'm both. :)

P. S.: What is the c*** word? :unsure:

P. S. 2: Nice poll! :thumbup:

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 09:54:23 pm »
I'm in between. I can collaborate with authority after throwing a pair of F bombs. :fish: I love Extreme Metal, but I'm also very into the other side of the spectrum, calm, folky, symphonic stuff.
I'm a 50/50 totally.... And yes, where's the "BOTTOM OF THE SEA" option? :biggrin:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 10:37:39 pm »
Ummm... your poll lacks the option for true Notessomes-followers: "What the fuck is wrong with classical music and long concentrated walks?!", which is why I'm not gonna vote here. :ninja:

agreed.
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 10:41:58 pm »

agreed.

Well yes, it's truth that the poll is kind of onesided... but even though I voted. It's just a poll. :)
But then again, who does.

Offline panx

• The mad scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 01:09:02 am »
P. S.: What is the c*** word? :unsure:
P. S. 2: Nice poll! :thumbup:

It can either be the thing that only boys have (no its not C-moustache) and gives pleasure,  or it can be the thing that only girls have (no its not C-PMS) and gives pleasure
p.s. thanks  :D

Ok to clarify some things:
@Markus (and mystique) - there's nothing wrong with liking classical music and taking a stroll in the woods. It is used as an example of what you have to take into consideration when deciding how to vote. If for example you listen mostly to woodwind based music then in this part you are closer to being an elf maiden. If you however prefer the drums and electricity, you are closer to rocknroll :P
@Luth - thank you for giving a perfect example of who should take the inbetween option  ;)
@The One - i think you would be a bit more into rocknroll, but just slightly ;D

anyways

I made this poll after being inspired by Dolores O'Riordan doing Promises. Damnit this woman can rock. However when you look at this interview you would never tell. She seems very intelligent, filled with experience. A perfect example of a mature and smart rock spirit atleast in my opinion, showing you CAN and may i add MUST be intelligent person using your brain in order to be a succesful rock person. And that it doesnt take to be an innocent elf to live a normal life  :D

So all in all I was kinda interested in what do you folks think about yourselves :) and to know a bit about therion fans, i know that many of you are very soft souls closer to being an elf. Maybe im even trying to point out it isnt necessary to be elf, dunno really, i was also a bit pissed at the fact that some of you are such daydreamers  :tongue: and its getting late so i will stop writing nonsense here. Have a good night and enjoy being elves (really too few people voted for now to tell but my predictions are turning out to be correct :wOOt:)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:17:19 am by panx »

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:17:29 am »
BOTTOM OF THE SEA! :wOOt:

Read "The History of NTSMS or How to Gain World Domination" by Thomas Karlsson. -_-

P. S.: Thanks for the linguistic explanation! :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:19:42 am by Lucy »

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 09:27:21 am »
Bottom of the sea... bottom of the sea... the world shall be ours! :fish:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 09:45:30 am »
I guess I'm everything and nothing described here.. Probably I'm a mixture of all of it.. I guess I can say I'm in between..   :unsure:
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 02:05:07 pm »
Bottom Of The Sea!    :wOOt:  :whistle:

Although I'm not sure if I qualify as a Therion fan any more, so maybe my views should be discarded.  Yes I have all the CDs and such, but I haven't listened to Therion at all in about a year and a half. 

PS  :fish:

voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 05:09:39 am »
I didn´t understood your point
6 6 6

Offline panx

• The mad scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 02:35:32 pm »
i consider everyone voting for rock bottom or inbetween to be elf maidens  ::) which saddens me a lot, i thought there would be less elves. oh well.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 05:46:12 pm »
i consider everyone voting for rock bottom or inbetween to be elf maidens  ::) which saddens me a lot, i thought there would be less elves. oh well.

Oh Panx!

I am so sorry to hear that. I am inconsolable. :bawl: It hurts me so deeply that there's nothing I can do to make you stop the fuck whining!

Cheers, anyway!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 10:52:21 am »
Well sorry if I don't fit in any of the visions one may have about people who listen to metal music.. I just take what I find suitable for myself.. I don't care if I don't go to metal clubs and concerts..I don't care if I'm dressed more normal and classy and not like that anyone could see from distant I'm metal.. I know what I want from my life and how I will reach it.. and I take metal music as a part of me and I have no need to share myself with others except those I call my friends... they don't need any proof of my loyalty to metal or smth coz it's NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!!
Sorry but I got mad coz again someone wanted to put me in some sort of file and give me a tag around my neck saying :Look at her, she thinks she's a metal girl,hahaha! Fuck off with such shit! It's nothing wrong if you ask, but than don't complain if you don't get what expected.. sorry I live my own life and don't care much about anything except my friends and what I like and how I want to be.. Please next time don't ask  about such thing if you are not willing to accept answer properly.
If I missed your point,than I apologize.  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:08:35 am by saphira »
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 11:15:46 am »
I think in Manowar's forum you'll find the pure "rocknroll" type  :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:25:25 am by Luth »
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline panx

• The mad scientist
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 01:45:28 pm »
If I missed your point,than I apologize.  :)

Yes you did and no need to apologize im used to being misunderstood  8) also no need to get upset so quickly, not good for your health  8)

I am so sorry to hear that. I am inconsolable. :bawl: It hurts me so deeply that there's nothing I can do to make you stop the fuck whining!

Cheers, anyway!

Markus

No need to snap either  :D i didnt even insult anyone and there ya go half the forum attacking me  :o
Oh and btw. sorry i didnt realize you were such a tender and sensitive soul  :-[ if i knew that i wouldnt start topics like that  :-\

I think in Manowar's forum you'll find the pure "rocknroll" type  :whistle:

Thats would more likely be a pure warrior type  :drunk:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:51:00 pm by panx »

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 03:48:38 pm »

"Bottom of the Sea" does not equate to your 'Elf Maidens', you have seriously miscalculated there.   :fish:

...and making assumptions (especially if they are erroneous) never goes down well anywhere, does it?  I suspect the reactions are also coz you've asked a question of people, which they have kindly answered for you, and then you have said their views 'sadden' you. Not the end of the world maybe - but I'm sure if you think about it you'll see why those reactions are there...  :)

Anyway -  I'm not offended by your errors, but they are errors nonetheless. 

btw I understand the general point you were trying to make, and maybe there is some truth in it in a very generalised way elsewhere - but you'll see that here in NTSMS we TRULY embody the spirit of individualism, because we get to know each other as individuals and do not give a shit for generalisations.  That does not make everybody peace-loving hippies by any means - there is a far wider variety of person hiding in the shadows here than you realise.

There's nothing wrong with your topic at all, I'm sure you coulda got a good set of views - it's just that you've kinda personalised it against the people who you are talking to.

So to summarise:

In my eyes that makes you an Elf Maiden.

And I'm a badass muthafucka from Hell, so I'm indisputably right.   :P

voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 03:56:09 pm »
And I'm a badass muthafucka from Hell, so I'm indisputably right.   :P
You can't argue with this guy. :biggrin:
He's as old as that first tritone Iommi played on his guitar to give birth to Heavy Metal... And just as evil...
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci