Author Topic: Recent purchases  (Read 75061 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »
 :ninja: :pop: :ninja:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:39:32 pm by Luth »
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2013, 05:15:26 pm »
Agnes, they look very comfy and nice! Enjoy your holiday! I bet you will. :)

Luth: great design (as always from this band)! Have a good listening! :) :music:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2013, 05:32:49 pm »
Ooops, somehow I managed to miss the link of the shoes! Agnes, those look like a pair of shoes I'd really like to wear! They look very comfy!

Lucy: The last two albums are a piece of art, not only the music, but the desing of the CD and the booklet. Really! Enjoying right now  :music:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2013, 07:22:56 pm »
Of course, my shoes are black ;) (I wanted white ones but there wasn't any white pair)

Enjoy the music, Luth :)

I will wave to you on Tuesday from the plane! ^^

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2013, 03:19:07 am »
Another Melechesh t-shirt :biggrin:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2013, 06:18:47 am »
Congrats, folks,

to all of your purchases. Especially to Agnes - have a safe trip and a memorable time in Madeira. Tell us something about it afterwards and share some pics, please. :)

My most recent purchase is an e-book for the new Kindle Paperwhite I received for my birthday. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2013, 08:51:58 am »
Sure, I will take maaaany photos ;)
Thank you :) I can't wait! :D To be honest, the worst will be the flight - there and back - it will take 5-5,5 hours..
I've already prepared stuff to take - jeeeez - we decided to take 2 pillows! (cause the ones in hotels are too small for me) :)

Congratulations on your purchase, Markus!

On topic, I did another shopping yesterday. I've bought a snorkeling set - exactly this one: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/caraibes-100-ad-set-id_8174480.html  - costed 70 PLN

+ a small ball to the water (If not for now, it will be perfect for swimming with my sister :) )  http://www.decathlon.pl/media/818/8180693/big_800PX_mediacom_408029252.jpg   - perfect for kids, but since my hands are rather small, I decided to choose this one :) costed 10 PLN
+ frisbee! http://www.decathlon.co.uk/orange-d90-disc-id_8211386.html - costed 12 PLN
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:55:29 pm by Agnes »

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2013, 08:50:20 pm »
Congratz, Markus!

May the Paperwhite be a great companion to you!  :biggrin:
But then again, who does.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2013, 12:18:57 pm »
Agnes, enjoy your trip!! I'll wave you back, only tell me the right time to look up!  :lol3:

Markus: nice gift! I own a Kindle, a dirty-white one  :nana: But I like it a lot, and I use it even more. I will never ever abandon the real paper Bücher... I mean... books, and I'll always be a kind of a nostalgic here. But Kindle is practical, light, quite cheap and easy to bring with me in my long travels on train (or any travel). Enjoy dein Geschenk!!!   :biggrin:

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2013, 01:54:54 pm »
wave me back at 6.30-6.40 PM (I think that I will be above Barcelona in 3 hours ;) )

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2013, 04:15:21 pm »
Ok, that's a good time for me. I'll be able to be in the outside looking for your plane. Look at the coast line, I'll be there (not Barcelona exactly, but a little at the North).  :ninja: :lol3:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2013, 10:13:23 am »
Bought last Wednesday: Another pair of bermuda shorts for the hot days. Plus a heavy skipping rope and a pair of boxing gloves.  :box: :biggrin:
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2013, 06:34:35 pm »
A shirt by Olymp, size 40, slim fit, for a big business meeting we'll have after my vacations. :biggrin:
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2013, 06:46:26 pm »
Size 40?! :wOOt: Less than mine! :lol:

What colour is it?

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2013, 10:30:08 pm »
Haha! I'm not sure the sizes are comparable... with shirts they go by the collar size, and mine is 40 cm. The rest is done by the choice of the fit. Besides that I believe that your clothes are somewhat different in style than mine. :lol3:

It's white with blue stripes. :)
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2013, 11:36:15 am »
I've been in the bookstore, and I've seen a book that caught my eye. I read the back cover, and decided I must read it. Not sure how such a subject can make a humor book, but I'll find soon.

In the back cover it says that the book has been sold a lot, and in Germany it is in all bookstores' shelves. Markus, have you heard of it? Have you seen it anywhere? The original title is Er ist wieder da (btw... I understand all the title with no help. I'm improving!  :ninja:)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2013, 10:24:21 pm »
Hey Luth,

it's amazing how little it takes to recognise that face, right?

It's true, this book is available in every German bookstore and it had some attention in the press. I didn't follow that, though, and I haven't read the book - so I can't tell you much about it.

Hitler and humour? Well, did you know that the Jewish author Ephraim Kishon wrote a book named "Mein Kamm" about the topic? (The title means "My Comb" but sounds very much like "Mein Kampf", i.e. "My Fight", a book by Hitler where he describes his ideology.) But there is a strange kind of humour in Germany where you just have to allude to Hitler and people start laughing. "Hahaha - Hitler! How funny!" I've never understood this kind of humour and that's why I had no closer interest in this book. I'm curious whether you find it worth reading!

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2013, 10:34:33 pm »
I'll tell you as soon as I read it! In fact, I didn't intend to read this book right away, but I'll do, as I'm sooo curious about it! I've read a review (from a Catalan reader) and s/he liked it a lot: it seems that the reader, apart from laughing of the evident fun that can happen when you put a person (whoever he is) from 70 years ago to the nowadays world, he or she also can see some connections from this past and Europe today (and it's scary!). I think that, if the book is intelligently written, it can be really good. In fact, it's said that humor is the only real thing that makes humans different from all other animals... we must use it to laugh and to fight, too!

And yes, when I saw the picture of the cover (so plain and easy as it seems), I didn't need a second to recognize what did it mean...  :disgust:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2013, 11:47:19 am »
Hey Luth,

... he or she also can see some connections from this past and Europe today (and it's scary!). I think that, if the book is intelligently written, it can be really good.

Now, that sounds like an aspect that would lead beyond the "Hahaha - Hitler!"-humour and that would make the book worth reading.

BTW, there is a Hitler-parody that I enjoy: NNN - Neueste Nationale Nachrichten (Latest National News) in a German satiric TV-show. That's made of Hitler-speeches with a new text. Hitler talks about the latest actions of his political grandchildren, the party NPD. He always gets very upset about their stupidity and clumsiness and starts insulting them heavily. Talking of that bunch of idiots - I'm very glad that they didn't play a role in yesterday's elections for the Bundestag, our national parliament. They came out at 1% and there was no other extreme right party, either. This is good news!

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2013, 01:07:46 pm »
I thought about talking about the elections in this topic, but as it's "Recent purchases" and not "National (or international) news", I thought not. But your fault! You started!!

I think there has never been so much interest here in any foreigh country elections (apart from United States, of course...) than now in German elections. What do you think on Merkel's victory? Of course, talk only if you feel like to.  :wink2: