Author Topic: Childhood Hobbies  (Read 6650 times)

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
Childhood Hobbies
« on: February 22, 2008, 03:14:30 am »
Well folks, I was checking on some of my old, old drawings back from when I was like 10 or 11... And I recalled lots of things from when I was 11 and under, when I was still a child.
I remember I used to love playing with Legos. :lol3: It was I think my biggest hobby after drawing. In fact, I sometimes still pick up the pieces and try to create a new piece of art. :biggrin: I remember I did a sort of model of Valhalla like a month ago. I should take a picture of it. :lol3:

So, what were some of your childhood hobbies? :wink2:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: Childhood Hobbies
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 09:02:12 am »
I had a big package of Lego and some more special ones...

I was simply obsessed with building things from Lego. Lego is philosphy  ;D  We were moving very often so all the blocks were soon lost but I still have one helicopter - it has only two parts of airscrew instead of eight and one wheel is recompensed with cartwheel from Jeep. It is a rescue helicopter and when I put battery inside it still glimpse and makes the sound!

I am about to buy some big Lego package for my sister too.

And of course, I loved to draw and paint. And we were often in weekend house away from the city so we were playing in the forests... building some bunkers  :ninja:
But then again, who does.

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 11:28:03 am »
Collecting pokemon cards.
I sucked at it but still did it.

:afaid: :sick:
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 06:29:01 pm »
-Legos too.
-I used to play with "Caballeros del Zodiaco" toys. I had Mu de Aries, Poseidon, Andromeda and Sagitarius.
-Puzzles  ;).
-Hide and seek.
-Skateboarding.
6 6 6

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 07:34:27 pm »
Huh, One this is a hard question..I have problems remember what was I doing..
Emm never Legos..because I never had them..parents never bought them..
I remember I liked to sit in a shade and watch how the sun was trying to get to me through the top of the tree..well this was a more passive activity :lol3:
I loved drawing and painting..but I quited doing that about 3 years ago..
I loved playing in the woods and on meadow..and with animals..from horses to rabbits...but that was till the age of..8..later on I can't even remember..uhh..and I loved making dresses for my dolls.. :blush:
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 07:56:16 pm »
Nice topic... as well as some topics started lately  :wink2:

My biggest hobbie when younger is the same than now: reading. Yep, this hasn't changed too much... only the things I read. And the fact that now I am paid for some of my readings  :lol3:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 07:59:03 pm »
Thank You Luth! I almost forgot reading  :ninja:
I wanted my parents to learn me how to read when I was about 5. But they said that I would be later much further then my schoolmates and cause of it I would not have friends... So they didn't teach me how to read and I was very upset. I had to wait until I was in fist class  >:(

:D Anyway it obviously did not stop me... of reading later...

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 11:03:50 pm »
LEGO - the best toy EVER!!! If you have some LEGOs and want to give them away of throw them give them to me (I am serious).  :)

I used to draw ninja turtles and castles with big armies. I loved playing with masters (He-man and company) and small cars. I still have LEGOs, masters and cars.  ;D

Oh, and Super Nintendo, I still have it and it still works and I still play it sometimes. I need some games but it's hard to find them.  :( I was always into video games.

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 06:56:14 pm »
Oh yes..ups..I forgot about reading too..but I never saw this as a hobbie..more like something you just simply do...and this is something I still do..as much as I can! :wink2:
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 08:40:10 pm »
haha...well let's see...

- collecting Pokemon cards
- playing with LEGOs
- playing my cousin's GameBoy  :whistle:  :biggrin:
- drawing (I loved to draw even though I sucked at it big time :biggrin:)

:biggrin:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 09:07:37 pm »
Ahaha... another memory comes... my big hobby in childhood was - playing Rayman I for PlayStation at my cousin's...  I loved it...  :wOOt:

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 09:47:08 pm »
Kris: too bad your parents wanted you to wait until 1st grade to start reading! Lots of parents do that, but I think it's the silliest mistake. I already knew how to read at 5, when I started school  :lol3:

Anyway... one of my first hobbies was making all sorts of weird mixes with perfumes, powder, shampoo and stuff like that. Then I would even write down the "composition", hide them and watch the results along the time. I drove my mum and middle sister crazy (used to stay with her in the same room), until me and my mother finally agreed that I could continue doing this, but in the little inner yard.
This stopped around age 7 or 8, I think, but until then, everybody thought I would become a chemist when grown up  :lol3:
Another big hobby is of course, reading. Books have always been my best mates, besides dogs  :wub:  :insane:
Never been a great fan of dolls, but I had a good deal of toy motorbikes and cars. And I loved watching any kind of scietific channels and programs on the telly, and I would have never ever missed an episode from the X Files!
That's pretty much it... I'll post again, if I remember anything.

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.