Author Topic: What was your dreamt-of job when you were children?  (Read 8285 times)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
What was your dreamt-of job when you were children?
« on: December 27, 2007, 09:46:36 pm »
Hi guys,

as I am ill and lazy, lying in bed - becoming fat... I had nothing better to do... I have been reading a book by Jostein Gaarder - The Solitaire Mystery and there's often spoken about sea, sailors and some other jobs.
It remind me of what I always wanted to be when I was a child (alright I still dream about it even nowadays). This one was a secret dreamt-of job. I wanted to be a lighthouse man. Unfortunatelly women were never allowed to do this job. And nowadays are almost all lighthouses running on automated bond system. But the vision of being and old person spending many hours, days and weeks alone in lighthouse... alone - no one else there - I could spend hours with reading books, wondering about many things, meditating, struggling with ocean and showing to the lost ships the safe way... It would be perfect. And hard :D

From the more real ones since I was child I wanted to be a truck driver (men do not laugh at me, yeah?  ;D ) till my 13. When I realized that tyres of the truck are almost as high as I am I decided that it might not be the right job for me... ehm ehm. Then till 14 I wanted to be a pilot of Concorde airplain. How much I love them...

So that was my story :blush:

And I would like to ask all of You what were Yours dreamt-of jobs? Becuse it's quite interesting topic for me...
But then again, who does.

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
Re: What was your dreamt-of job when you were children?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 09:56:00 pm »
Hmmm..let me think..I always wanted to be an ice-skater..than later on translator..than archaeologist..and a lot of other things..can't remember right now..but none of this will ever come true..
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:00:11 pm »
Well, currently I have no idea of what I want to be. I've dreamed of being a musician, but I realize that I can't really make a living out of it, unless I'm Chris or I play with him. :lol3:
But many of dream jobs have been through my head since I was a child. When I was 2, I used to draw cars and stick people in them or around them, people thought I'd be a race car driver or something of the sort. At age 4 I thought of being a geologist or an archaelogist since I became obsessed with dinosaurs, then I passed through wanting to be an Egyptologist, and later I wanted to be an astronaut! :ninja:
It was then at that time at about age 10 or 11 when I entered that time in which I didn't really think of life in the future and later, sometime at age 12 I entered the period of indecision. :lol3:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Hypnox

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:17:46 pm »
Wow, seems like a lot of people wanted to become an archeologist, :o and so did I. ;D My dream was to dig up a whole bunch of dinosaur bones and donate them to some museum; or to visit Egypt and Greece and settle there. Besides being arceologist, I would also be a historian or something like that. :D At some later age, my wish was to become a famous artist (painter, more precisely ;D) since I liked to draw and paint a lot, and people always complimented my work. ;D

At age 13 I wanted to become a programmer and make an über cool game for PS console. That dream eventually led me to electrotechnic high school which shattered the dream to pieces, as I found out that programming is not for me, and is hard to understand. :bye:

And today... I don't have a dream job. ???
I know I'm going to hell, and I'm bringing marshmallows.

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:20:51 pm »
When I was really little...

chimney-sweeper

:blush: :blush:

Now... some boring office job  :lol3:
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 10:21:48 pm »

chimney-sweeper

Aaaah! That's sweet!  :wOOt:
But then again, who does.

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 10:44:30 pm »
Still back in Argentina, my mum thought I'd become a chemist, because I used to make all sort of weird mixes with talc powder and perfume etc. But then, when I was around 10, an idea came to my head, and never left it, to this day: to become a vetenerian. And my dream has just begun to fulfill itself :biggrin:

I must admit that, besides medicine, I'd like to follow Penal Law, and I might study that after I finish veterinary school  :wOOt:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 12:16:26 am »

I wanted to be a University teacher ( done )

yo yo yo  :yeha:
Scripta Manet

Offline Sigvarthdottir

• live. learn. grow.
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 02:05:27 pm »
what a interesting topic, my dear jewel! :)
be lighthouse (wo)man  must be something so..perfect.. listen to ocean hours and hours.. :wub:

anyway I wish you all, my dears, so as to your dreams come true..
doesn´t matter which dreams - you can break limits and make history.
Keep it in your mind..

regards,
Sigvi*
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 02:45:53 pm by Sigvarthdottir »
Fade out.

Offline NeMo

• The Banned One
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 05:17:34 pm »

chimney-sweeper

:roll:
I Miskolc!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 08:53:24 pm »

chimney-sweeper

awww...   :)

When I was really little I wanted to become a photographer and I was fascinated with my dad's camera hehe...but I wasn't allowed to use it so much since the film was pretty expensive...

After that I wanted to be a doctor  :biggrin: and...may I say that many of our bandages and similar things were mysteriously disappearing during that phase  :biggrin:

And now...I'm still not sure  :nosweat:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Tzar-0

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 09:08:13 pm »
When I was very little I wanted to be an archeologist ...a bit later...an inventor (I liked to watch a cartoon on TV that was about all the important inventors in history). Then I wanted to work in informatics because I liked computers...and then I finally choosed to study chemistry...hoping that one day , I'll be an inventor. :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 10:38:33 am »
When reading this topic for first time, I didn't remember, but now I do... when I was a child, I'd like to be a news stand seller. There, I could work among newspapers, books, magazines and sweets...  :yeha:

Later I discovered that those people have to awake really early, and every day of the weekend. So, my mind quickly changed  :innocent:

Another dream-job of mine was to be a teacher. Now I'm a philologist, and one of the most relevant jobs I could do is teacher... but now I prefer to work doing the books for the teachers and children at school! I changed the job, not the aim  :whistle:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!