Author Topic: The Miskolc show  (Read 36322 times)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
The Miskolc show
« on: June 18, 2007, 10:39:08 pm »
Hi folks,

let me post a short impression of the Miskolc show here...

It was beyond amazing. Technically, the sound was pretty good - the band didn't drown the orchestra as much as on the Bucharest footage. There were minor screw-ups; Chris had trouble with his guitars in several songs, the male solist in "Siren" missed a cue, and the beginning of "Morning Star" seemed quite strange to me. But none of that spoiled the evening! The solists were brilliant, and in contrary to the Bucharest footage they all seemed to enjoy the show.

At the beginning of the metal part the people got up and ran to the stage, but that was fine with me. They also clapped and shouted, carried away with the excitement, and I wish they had been silent in the more low-volume passages. Chris had to silence them a couple of times, but again that cannot distract from the sheer brilliancy of the evening. This was Therion at their very best, and it was possible only with the help of the orchestra, choir and solists - a big, big "köszönöm" to them. I pity every fan who couldn't make it and hope this won't be the last event of this kind.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline MissSwan

• I'm a lady, not a rock bitch
Re: The Miskolc show
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 05:53:58 pm »
Heeeeellooooo, ;D

How are you guys, lovely show, lovely people, lovely afterparty... just LOVELY ;D here are my pics and vids

Videos: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n36eN_rscEw (Lemuria), http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oKLqWGQe1HU (Blood of Kingu)

Pics: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=146226724&albumId=1924736
Burning crystals of light, the gem of Lucifer...

Proud Mats Leven Fan

Tidesson, I'm your follower until Heaven's gate...

Offline Elena

• Princess Dream Weaver
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • nemesis corner
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 07:52:18 pm »
Thanks for the videos, Miss Swan - (the pictures I couldn´t see, since I don´t have a mySpace (yet) :(  )
Life it what happens while you wait for your dreams
Joy and beauty dance where open eyes meet
Fortune does not mean to have the best of everything, but to make of everything the best
She loves him more than he would ever now, he loves her more than he would ever show

Never ever victim

Offline MissSwan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 07:57:20 pm »
oh no problem, for all you who don't have MySpace I'll just give out my Photobucket link:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Swan_Heart/Therion%20Goes%20Classic%20in%20Hungary/

Proud Mats Leven Fan

Offline Elena

• Princess Dream Weaver
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • nemesis corner
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 08:11:44 pm »
Thank you so much, Miss Swan *hugs her*
Fortune does not mean to have the best of everything, but to make of everything the best
She loves him more than he would ever now, he loves her more than he would ever show

Never ever victim

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 09:48:03 am »
Pics. : w00t_jump:

Thanks a lot, Miss Swan! :)
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline hekse

• - Lex Lucifero -
    • Tartarean Desire
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:01:19 pm »
How are you guys, lovely show, lovely people, lovely afterparty... just LOVELY ;D here are my pics and vids
Again I can hardly say any more than my other me ;) already did! My pictures are at my myspace as well, but most of them are about sightseeing and stuff anyway.

Ah, and here are some quotes to remember:

"That's not very professional!"
"Chris Caffery!!"
"You are not gay, are you?"
"Ah, it's YOU!"
"You're talking about Grave Digger, are you?!" *head-shaking*

:D
- Chris Caffery groupie #1 -

Offline MissSwan

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:50:07 pm »
hey Lex, when was the last one? :P

Proud Mats Leven Fan

Offline hekse

• - Lex Lucifero -
    • Tartarean Desire
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 09:53:15 pm »
That was Johan, when he came to us and heard us talking about some shitty band - he didn't hear the name, he was just guessing! :biggrin:

Offline thedabara

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 11:21:56 pm »
Hello everybody,
I'm from Miskolc. I sang in the choir at the concert last saturday and I've never been part of such an exciting show.
The audience was really fantastic, I think the orchestra and choir have never heard such a big ovation when appeared on stage!
We didn't get used to it...  ::)
To be honest I haven't known too much about Therion before but I really enjoyed this fusion of metal and classical music.
The band members were very easy and cool, they didn't complain (too much...  ;D) when something went wrong. The conductor was also very likeable.
It was an amazing experience and I hope the concert was a night to remember for you all!  :)

Offline hekse

• - Lex Lucifero -
    • Tartarean Desire
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 12:20:57 am »
Hey!
It's so nice of you to read you here... have you been one of those three girls Arina and I have talked to shortly before we had to leave the aftershow meeting?

Anyway: It's definitely been a night to remember. We all are still a bit lost in reverie and absolutely delighted by the whole weekend. I think we all almost cried during Clavicula Nox - or even really did it. It's been worth everything: the months I've saved money, the arguments with my parents and all the excitement!

So thank you very much for your obvious enthusiasm and joy on stage, you all have been so wonderful! :bow:

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 02:06:13 am »
Hello, Thedabara!
You are part of the choir that sang in Miskolc? Awesome! I've just seen a few videos of the concert. (unfortunately I couldn't go, way too far away from me) And it seems that it was one of the best shows of the year. My congratulations to you (and also all the other musicians involved) for such a great performance.
Keep posting and stay in our community, who knows, maybe you've got some stuff in common with us.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 06:13:42 am »
Welcome, Thedabara! :)

We thank you for the great show, you really deserved that ovation. Thank you for your open-minded attitude! Something like that would make the life of us metalheads much more easier.

I'm from Budapest so please let me know about your next concerts, I'm really interested in going to hear your choir again. :)

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 01:15:25 pm »
Welcome Thedabara!
It's great to read your impressions from the concert... unfortunately I couldn't make it to the show, but after reading all the comments and reveiws I'm sure it was a night to remember.
Cheers!
Al. :blink:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Elena

• Princess Dream Weaver
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • nemesis corner
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 06:40:06 pm »
Welcome Thedabara - it´s so nice to read you here! Stay with us *shares some cookies*

Never ever victim

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 11:39:01 pm »
Hey Thedabara,

it's great to have you here! :yeha:

Well, that welcome applaud was very touching for me, too. This enthusiastic welcome for the musicians and your reply to that, the smile on your faces and the great expectation in the air... that alone was wonderful! And you really did a great job. Was it a night to remember? For sure! This one is perhaps the best concert I've been to so far, and we will all still think back to it ten years from now and even longer - probably all of our lives.

I wonder... how well did you like rock music or even metal before this event? Do you listen to more music of this kind now, or was it just a one-time event for you? Oh, and singing which song did you enjoy most?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline thedabara

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 11:17:09 pm »
It's good to hear that you all enjoyed the concert.

... have you been one of those three girls Arina and I have talked to shortly before we had to leave the aftershow meeting?

No, but I hope you're not very disappointed! ;)

I'm from Budapest so please let me know about your next concerts, I'm really interested in going to hear your choir again. :)

Really? In general we perform music from classical composers... Anyway, listen to Mozart, Verdi or Haydn is very uplifting too!

I wonder... how well did you like rock music or even metal before this event? Do you listen to more music of this kind now, or was it just a one-time event for you? Oh, and singing which song did you enjoy most?

My sister always put on Metallica, Helloween, Anthrax or Testament when I was a child and my brother-in-law plays in a metal band so I'm quite familiar with this type of music but I never listen to it when I'm alone.  ::)
I enjoyed singing Via Nocturna very much because it has quite various parts for the choir and its atmosphere reminds me of Pink Floyd' s debut album, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn. (PF is my all time favourite band.) I liked Schwarzalbenheim, Clavicula Nox, Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah, Draconinan Trilogy too (almost all of them).  :)

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 06:28:45 am »
Really? In general we perform music from classical composers... Anyway, listen to Mozart, Verdi or Haydn is very uplifting too!

Maybe nobody would expect it from metalheads, but I listen to classical music since my childhood. (And I know I'm not the only one here.) I have been singing in the Budapesti Akadémiai Kórustársaság (a choir). Metal is only a one-year old "deviation" of mine, which proves itself to be quite a long-term passion of mine. ^_^

My sister always put on Metallica, Helloween, Anthrax or Testament when I was a child and my brother-in-law plays in a metal band so I'm quite familiar with this type of music but I never listen to it when I'm alone.  ::)

Which metal band does your brother-in-law play in? :wOOt:

I enjoyed singing Via Nocturna very much because it has quite various parts for the choir and its atmosphere reminds me of Pink Floyd' s debut album, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn. (PF is my all time favourite band.) I liked Schwarzalbenheim, Clavicula Nox, Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah, Draconinan Trilogy too (almost all of them).  :)

Aaah... :wub: They give me creeps only by mentioning them. :)

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 06:38:20 am »
Maybe nobody would expect it from metalheads, but I listen to classical music since my childhood. (And I know I'm not the only one here.)

True  ^_^ I play classical music a lot (Mozart, Beethoven and Vivaldi are my favourites), especially when studying.

Anyway, welcome around, Thedabara.  :wOOt: Sorry for the late reply!

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline thedabara

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 09:43:51 pm »

Maybe nobody would expect it from metalheads, but I listen to classical music since my childhood. (And I know I'm not the only one here.)

Ok, I just wanted to know if I've misunderstood you... I have no prejudices! :)

Which metal band does your brother-in-law play in? :wOOt:

Have you ever heard of Eclipse? They're not too active nowadays, but the band still exists!