Author Topic: Band Games  (Read 29198 times)

Offline IronCretin

• Every tear I shed/Is for you
Band Games
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:05:46 pm »
Ok, this is a thread dedicated to games made by bands. . . or affiliated with bands.  I'm sure it will be short-lived, as I can only think of two:

Ed Hunter ~Iron Maiden~
    A horribly lack-lustre rail shooter. . .  Never played it. . . saw it for $17.99. . . but the graphics suck, the gamplay is supposed to suck. . . and. . . well. . .  the music is awesome, but I have it all already.

Kiss Psycho Circus ~Kiss~
    Played the demo. . . honestly, it was pretty good. . . Not only that, it got good reviews.  If I saw it for cheap, I'd def. pick it up. . . although it's based on a comic which is based on the band. . . That's a lot of bases to cover (oh-ho-ho, so funny!). . .

Any others that people can think of?

~The (Wracking my Brains) Cretin~

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: Band Games
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 10:09:11 pm »
Well, there are many Iron Maiden songs in Carmageddon 2, that game ruled btw!  :)

Offline IronCretin

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 11:06:37 pm »
LoL. . . Killing pedestrians, everyone's favorite past time.

There were also Iron Maiden songs in GTA3: Vice City. . . specifically Two Minutes to Midnight.

~The (Ever Vigilant) Cretin~

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:00:20 am »
Don't forget Qliphoth - Path of chaos made by The One! I think the link doesn't work anymore, but if you ask One I'm sure he'll let you play it. :)

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:37:49 pm »
Yeah, as I can see, the download links are not working any more.
I currently can't upload anything, cause my bandwidth and connectivity are very limited, the local server's got some trouble. But no worries, I'll get it fixed. :wink2:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 12:21:30 am »
*waiting patiently* :)

Offline IronCretin

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 01:10:07 am »
Hmmm. . . well I have a 56k. . . so unless it's <10meg.  .  . I probably won't be downloading it.

*tear*

~The (Mournful) Cretin~

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 02:08:10 am »
No worries Cretin, it's only about 5MB.
About the limited conectivity, I really don't know what will I do about it, I guess I'll have to call to the internet company to get the problem fixed.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline IronCretin

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 02:40:08 am »
Booooo!  If you want, I'll fight them for you!  :ninja:

~The (Samurai) Cretin~

Did you know: Samurai's hated the Ninjas and prided themselves on honor.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 12:08:12 am »
Probelm fixed itself! :drunk:
Ok, here's the link: Download "Qliphoth: Path of Chaos"
enjoy!

Offline IronCretin

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 11:38:30 am »
Well, the good news is that it downloaded and unzipped ok. . . the bad news is that it won't run. . . it says the file may be corrupted. . . or some such nonsense.  It also seems to have unpacked the Credits movie. . . but nothing else. . . Do I need a patch?  Perhaps a lobotomy?

~The (Mummified) Cretin~

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 10:15:18 pm »
I'll check on it today, don't worry. I hope I can fix the problem if it's something with the file.
Now, what it could be is that your computer is the problem. :unsure:

Offline IronCretin

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 05:41:08 am »
Probably is the comp. . . this thing is an ancient relic from Atlantis.

It STILL leaks!

~The (Wet) Cretin~

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 07:34:51 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winterheart%27s_Guild_%28computer_game%29

This looks... interesting. I'm always for a good postapocalyptic RPG. The Diablo part is what worries me - I was never a Diablo fan. Fallout, on the other hand... eh.

Still, looking forward to this one. I mean, it's got snow! Lots and lots and lots of it!

Oh, and Sonata Arctica. Which ain't bad. If it's as good as the new stuff, I'm buying this fucker.
Can't stop the signal.

Offline IronCretin

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 06:00:43 am »
LoL.  Wow. . . I agree. . . looks. . . interesting.  LoL.  The screenshot is pretty budget looking.  I haven't really heard ANY of Sonata's music, but a lot of people seem really into them on this site.  Diablo was ok. . . but Fallout is one of the KINGS of gaming. . . I mean, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics. . . not a bad game in the bunch!  Of course, I neglected to mention the console Fallout. . . which was the stupidest marketing idea EVER.  Almost as dumb as Starcraft Ghost, or whatever it was called.

~The (Whatever) Cr3tin~

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 05:33:53 pm »
I haven't really heard ANY of Sonata's music, but a lot of people seem really into them on this site. 
Sorry to go off topic, but I own only one Sonata album - 'Reckoning Night' - and I find it to be pretty bland power metal without anything to separate it out from the other billion and a half bands churning out this kind of stuff - not exactly bad, but... well just not exactly good either.

I'd be pleased to hear (from anyone) what it is that people like about this band - coz I don't get it.   :unsure:

I mean, if someone likes power metal, then sure they fit the bill - but what makes them better than other PM bands?

PS  Don't kill me too much!  :afaid:
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 06:07:38 pm »
I'd be pleased to hear (from anyone) what it is that people like about this band - coz I don't get it.   :unsure:
I mean, if someone likes power metal, then sure they fit the bill - but what makes them better than other PM bands?
I actually have been asking myself this very same question for ages. *Sits next to Sirus to hear anybody's explanation*

:unsure: ... *Sits a little bit further away.... 'cause, you never know*
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 06:23:20 pm »

Kills Sirius just a little, then sits next to Aluqak, waiting for the same answer
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 09:15:49 pm »
I always found Sonata Arctica... cute. It's that special something something you feel for no apparent reason. I was turned off for the same reason as you lot, though - admittedly, I *did* like Ecliptica, 'cause of a few songs. Alas, the genericness of their music turned me away from Sonata.

Until, at least, this new album. I've opened a topic under Other bands, but don't bother going there or something. *profoundly stirred*

They pulled a Blind Guardian on the music industry - Guardian was generic speed power for the first two albums, when they started to evolve and create their own distinct, slightly proggish sound (as heard on their latest A Twist in the Myth). Sonata now did the same - I think they're searching for themselves right now. The albums so far were just a warm-up exercise, I guess.

Anywayz, I gave my answer in the first sentence - I find them cute :) That something something. Now, with their newfound approach to power (or bizzaro power, as I like to call it), they're something more than just 'that cute band'.

Don't laugh at my usage of the word 'cute', or I shall smite thee with my mighty blade.
Can't stop the signal.

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 09:23:00 pm »
I always found Sonata Arctica... cute. It's that special something something you feel ... blah, blah, blah...
Don't laugh at my usage of the word 'cute', or I shall smite thee with my mighty blade.
*Reads the whole post* .... :unsure:
*Bites his lip*
*Thinks about the post and the word "cute" again*

Man, I just cannot hold it any longer :roll:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:37:37 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?