Author Topic: New Cultist  (Read 15058 times)

Offline Ortelius

New Cultist
« on: April 14, 2007, 01:22:21 am »
hello everyone,

Just signing on so I can chat about metal and the mighty Therion with you all!  I've been a Therion fan since about 2002 - I actually first heard them when "Deggial" was released, but stupidly I didn't get it - I guess I was not ready to be initiated - a year later, and I was blown away!

I picked up most releases since then up to Lemuria/Sirius B, and have been lusting after the new album, but a lack of money means I'll have to wait!  :bawl:

I scored a copy of "Theli" 2nd. hand the other day - a fine record!  There's a copy of "Lepaca Kliffoth" (?) at another place, I'll get that soon.

As for me, I'm living in Japan, which is a good place for metal!  Lots of record shops with pristine LPs and CDs - I got Candlemass' "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus" for a song the other day...  I'm into rpgs (Warhammer, D&D), and old-school horror movies (The Thing, Howling, American Werewolf).  Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: New Cultist
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 01:31:35 am »
Hello Ortelius,

I really should have been asleep more than an hour ago, but I still want to say: :welcome:

Seems like you can still look forward to discovering more Therion music. Lucky you! Many of us have to wait a couple of years now before they can hear any material they still don't know yet.

Oh, and what does "Yoroshiku onegaishimas" mean? :unsure: Anyway... you're our first member from Asia! :yeha:

Cheers!

Markus

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 01:33:58 am by Markus »
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Ortelius

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 01:46:31 am »
Markus,

Don't let me stop you sleeping!  Go to bed!  Dream of Lemuria! 

Yes, lucky that I can now go after more of Therion's stuff - I'll get "Lepaca Kliffoth" soon - is it any good?

"Yoroshiku onegaishimasu" is kind of like "Please give me your continued favour in the future" - as a Therion cultist, I do ask for the blessings of you all!

And thanks for the warm welcome Markus - first time poster to ANY messageboard!   :)

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 03:41:18 am »
Welcome Ortelius!
Japan huh? NTSMS is spreading toward Wolrd Domination! :wOOt:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Ortelius

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 03:56:59 am »
Japan and beyond to Ultima Thule!

Therion have a fair presence here in the record shops - Tower Records here would generally always have a few of the records, and would get new releases. 

The major heavy metal magazine here, "BURRRN", would typically feature an interview with Therion - that's how I found out about the Demonoid album.

Celtic Frost recently played here, but unfortunately they only toured the big cities - Tokyo, Osaka.  I'm down south, so heavy metal acts rarely make it down this far. 

That being said, Angra and Blind Guardian came through a month ago.  I saw Dream Theater a few years back.  Judas Priest always seem to make it down here - can't wait to see them!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 04:53:00 am »
Welcome! :yeha:

I'll get "Lepaca Kliffoth" soon - is it any good?

It's one of the best albums for me. Unique. :) After that try to get Gothic Kabbalah!

Sayonara!

Offline Ortelius

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 05:13:15 am »
Welcome! :yeha:

I'll get "Lepaca Kliffoth" soon - is it any good?

It's one of the best albums for me. Unique. :) After that try to get Gothic Kabbalah!

Sayonara!

Thanks for the recommendation - unique, huh?  All of Therion's albums seem that way!  I'll get it this week for about 1000 yen - cheap!

Offline Tzar-0

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 09:10:28 am »
Hey welcome to  you !

and as lucy said, you should get Gothic Kabbalah as well  :thumbup:

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 10:20:40 am »
Welcome Ortelius!

Pretty amazing, no new posting member for ages, and suddenly, we have 2 of them  :wOOt:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline IronCretin

• Every tear I shed/Is for you
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 11:09:37 am »
Yeah, and one is me. . . which is, like, 10 in 1. . . kinda. . . but not at all. . .

*cough*

~The (Lacklustre) Cretin~

Are you still reading this?

Away with you!

AHHHHHHH!~

BEGONE!

*cough*

Yes, these are real, thx for asking.

I blame the government!

Offline Ortelius

Should've Stayed Home!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 01:42:16 am »
Well,

Went to a bar, drank too much, spent all of my money, and got hassled by a very weird person -  >:( an English fellow who thought it would be funny to go up to strangers and ask them if they were in some famous band. 

In Japan, this kind of thing is very, very rare - you almost never get hassled when you go out.  So I was really surprised to have this idiot harassing me - made me want to use some "extreme aggression" and "leave scars"on the guy.

Anyway, if I had listened to Lucy, I should have gone to the record store and bought a Therion Cd, come home, opened a bottle of wine, and enjoyed some good, civilised metal!   :'(

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 06:40:00 am »
Sorry to hear that. :(

You'll see, the world will change when you buy LK! ;)

Offline IronCretin

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 06:50:33 am »
What Therion albums would u recommend?  I mean, if you could pick two (I know there are a lot), which would u suggest and why?

~The (Inquisitive. . . have I used that before?) Cretin~

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 07:03:24 am »
What Therion albums would u recommend?  I mean, if you could pick two (I know there are a lot), which would u suggest and why?

~The (Inquisitive. . . have I used that before?) Cretin~

Well, you have made the second question on the "Most difficult questions" list. :) The most difficult one would be "What's your favourite Therion song?" ;)

The two Therion albums that I play the most nowadays are LK (Lepaca Kliffoth) and GK (Gothic Kabbalah). LK for the middle Eastern rhythms, great guitar solos, sense of force and directness. GK because of its incredible beauty and elegancy. Now that you ask, like LK was a "male" album, and GK a "female" one - but these are only my stupid thoughts. :blush:

Offline IronCretin

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 07:13:29 am »
LoL, no no, far from stupid I'm sure.  Personal interpretations are what makes music interesting. . . Well, ONE of the things, LoL. 

I wouldn't ask for your opinion(s) if I didn't want them.

~The (Gutterball) Cretin~

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
"Yoroshiku onegaishimasu" is kind of like "Please give me your continued favour in the future" - as a Therion cultist, I do ask for the blessings of you all!
On first glance, I read the translation as 'Please give me your cookies in the future'.

In the context of NTSMS, that actually made sense.

Greetings, our metally overburdened friend. Japan is the Mecca of metal concerts... so expect envy. *envy*
Can't stop the signal.

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 05:34:00 pm »
On first glance, I read the translation as 'Please give me your cookies in the future'.
In the context of NTSMS, that actually made sense.
Absolutely, that's THE one and ONLY translation I would like take.
Welcome to our community Ortelius :welcome:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Ortelius

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 12:46:33 am »
Metally overburdened - it's the only way to be!   :lol:  I'll have to find out who's touring here in the near future - probably be all up in Tokyo, but I can dream....  long way and a lotta money to get up there.