Author Topic: The wall of shame  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
The wall of shame
« on: January 27, 2007, 03:12:56 am »

Well i had thought of leaving this just in the spanish board but it would be interesting to know american's opinion and of course people from other countries, ill tell you briefely what the wall of shame is...and then you can submitt your for or against or neutral opinion , well here i go...

One of the most preposterous proposals would have the U.S. build, or rather extend, a wall along the border as the supreme deterrent to would-be trespassers. Despite evidence and expert opinion that it won't work, enabling legislation was recently passed in the U.S. House of Representatives and is on its way to the Senate.

so what's your opinion on it?

yo yo yo :P
Scripta Manet

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: The wall of shame
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:41:40 am »
Hey loke,

hasn't this been discussed quite thoroughly on the official forum already? I dunno whether Mommy said anything there or wants to speak about this at all.

Well, the subject of this thread is rather biased, don't you think?  Though I agree that it is a shame for a country if it cannot solve the problem of illegal immigrants in another way.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 08:19:20 pm »
Hey loke,

hasn't this been discussed quite thoroughly on the official forum already? I dunno whether Mommy said anything there or wants to speak about this at all.

Well, the subject of this thread is rather biased, don't you think?  Though I agree that it is a shame for a country if it cannot solve the problem of illegal immigrants in another way.

Cheers!

Markus

I just thought that since people here is not the same than there, well, you know? i might get different perspectives.

rgards

yo yo yo :O
Scripta Manet

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 01:41:37 am »
Nyarlathotep knows America always had problems with illegal immigrants, what with the Mayflower and a---

Oh.
Can't stop the signal.

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 08:04:50 am »
I live in the north of Mexico, so I have more relation with U.S people and all I can tell (based of my experience) I don't have any interest of going back again to that country. No hardfeelings (expecially Eve) but  1 of 20 U.S.Ppl i've met I can respect like a person.

But the reality is that I don't care about politic stuff because I prefer " doing or acting " than "talking" if you know what I mean.

Politics aren't for me:drunk:

Curious Thing:

In Mexico and in other parts of America we call "gringos" to U.S ppl and the history of this word is very interesting. In 1847 when U.S ppl invaded Mexico, Mexican soldiers didn't know much English, just few words, so they looked the army cloth of U.S ppl (It was green) so they said to them "gringos , gringos!" or "Green go!" :nana:

6 6 6

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 10:07:31 am »
I just thought that since people here is not the same than there, well, you know? i might get different perspectives.

Weell... that's not very exact. We're all registered in the Official Forum, with some very few exceptions or some don't post there anymore.

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 01:27:27 pm »

Weell... that's not very exact. We're all registered in the Official Forum, with some very few exceptions or some don't post there anymore.

:fish: :wub:

Offline Tzar-0

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 01:43:13 pm »
Hi,

Yeah Elizabeth and Markus are right plus the fact that there are more people on the megatherion forum. So if you (Loke) are only looking for different ideas and opinions it was a bit useless to post here because you knew by advance what would have been the answers about that thread. :)  or maybe it is less about reading new opinions and more about finding someone to dispute ...  :lol:  

But well since I didn't give my opinion on the other forum... I do think like everyone that it is useless to build a wall to solve immigration problems. There will always be people moving to go in other country anyway. Maybe the only way to slow a bit immigration is to help economicaly the countries from where the immigrants come.
 I hate politic, and I'm not an expert about all that.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 01:45:02 pm by Tzar-0 »