Author Topic: Grave Digger  (Read 7683 times)

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
Grave Digger
« on: August 11, 2006, 07:40:37 pm »
Anyone here likes them?
When I heard they would tour with Therion, I ran to investigate and downloaded some songs, and later on bought their lastest album. If you like old-school heavy metal, you'll probably like this band.

The music doesn't remind of anything I've heard before, except one or two Metallica and Iron Maiden songs. The themes are really good though, for example their last album is based on the gospel, their previous on one of Wagner's mythologic operas, and it's practically all concept albums, that is since 1996 (and a lso a live album and a vault album)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 07:49:43 pm by The One »
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
Re: Grave Digger
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 07:13:40 pm »
Hey One!

I like 'em!   :thumbup:

Very old school, they've actually progressed quite a lot from their early days (I bought Heavy Metal Breakdown back in '84 or '85).  But even with their progress they've still retained an appealing sense of what makes good Heavy Metal.  I particularly liked Rheingold   :music:
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
Re: Grave Digger
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 04:13:37 am »
I have just listened to one song from "Rheingold" (Valhalla, my gavorite song from the group) but as an album I really liked "The Last Supper".
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci