Author Topic: ETA's end?  (Read 19650 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
ETA's end?
« on: March 22, 2006, 04:30:24 pm »
I don't know if you know at all the Spanish situation with ETA, the terrorist group. It was long time that it was said that ETA was weaker, they didn't kill but put bombs with minor material damage, etc... Today I've arrived home from work and fist thing I saw in TV was a very good new: ETA has said they will stop the activity (to put down the army). I can't know if that's absolutely true, as they declarated several truces, and they ever broke them. But this time it seems more serious... let's hope so!
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
ETA's end?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 04:43:10 pm »
Whoa! I heard nothing on TV (Hm. I'm not very fond of the TV, that's clear), but it's excellent news! Keep us informed about the matter, please  :ph34r:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
ETA's end?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 04:50:57 pm »
I'll do, don't worry. Unlucily, it will have to pass a lot of time to be sure it's really the end of the terrorist organization. By the moment, almost all politicians thinks that can be the real end of ETA. But we'll have to be aware to the news for long time...
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
ETA's end?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 07:19:31 pm »
I've read the ETA's communicate in a Colombian newspaper and... :unsure:
Well, it IS a good step that they doing there, but at the same time it puts ETA in a very confortable position: if the Spanish and French goverments say no way, we will keep our security policy, ETA could easily play the "victim" game...: "You see, those evil and imperialist goverments that don't recognize the democratic steps done by our organization, bla-bla-bla... so we see ourselves forced to return to our arms".
Perhaps it's just my pesimitic and very Colombian way to see things (FARC and all the bunch of armed groups we have in our country have made similar "steps towards the peace" in the past... and well, the situation is still bad), but I still wish luck to you.
Perhaps you are smarter and can finish your problems in a more civilized way than us.
 :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 07:21:53 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
ETA's end?
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 07:38:24 pm »
Hey Luth,

peace is always good news! And it might well be serious! Look at Northern Ireland, there the peace was kept indeed.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
ETA's end?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 08:19:59 pm »
Luth, I guess you are just gonna have to be optimistic about this; just the news about peace is good itself, but the country still has to be on guard (just in case).

When peace was declared here, both parties got together to "sign it". Is there any chance this will be done/or has been done, Luth? (I haven't followed the news closely). I guess just to keep everyone less suspicious about this whole situation.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
ETA's end?
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 07:20:51 pm »
Hi Luth,

how's it going? I read there was an arson attack that might have been done by ETA members. Last thing I heard was that the officials still don't know whether it was individuals or whether the ETA organisation stands behind the attack. Any news?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
ETA's end?
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 11:53:38 pm »
Well, things are still confusing. There's the named "kale borroka" (street violence), another part of ETA activity: with no deads, but burning cars, shops, home of politicians, etc... Of course, it's supposed that if ETA stops its activity, the kale borroka has to finish as well. But it seems that it has come again... after a peaceful period. If it's from ETA or not, or what it means, is not sure yet. When news will tell something, I'll report  :(

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
ETA's end?
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 09:39:57 am »
Sometimes it just takes time...  

Like with IRA activities in Northern Ireland and mainland Britain - there were any number of cease-fires that were broken, and then long discussions and rumours about a total cessation of violence.  Eventually this seemed to result in a genuine end to bombings, and the whole thing has very much disappeared from our TV screens.  It seems very real now  :)

...hopefully in a year or so you will be able to look back on a peaceful time and isolated incidents without death won't mean so much....  Perhaps this instance of kale borroka is just a one-off. Let's hope so.  :)
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
ETA's end?
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 09:45:35 am »
Batasuna, the political party of the terrorists, who has ever denied to condemn the terrorist acts, this time has complained about this kale borroka. It's first time, so let's hope there's a real peace intention  -_-

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
ETA's end?
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 11:44:02 pm »
Well, yesterday the President explained how there will be soon conversations with ETA, to arrive to some common point. First step, it seems.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
ETA's end?
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 07:34:25 pm »
Thanks for letting us know, Luth! I didn't notice that in the news, but I'm glad to hear it - I think it's another good sign.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: ETA's end?
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 03:56:07 pm »
I'm sad to read the news about the recent attacks, Luth.

Best regards

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 06:50:29 pm »
Oh... :(

hugs Luthy

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 09:14:49 pm »
Best wishes Luthy.

Those extremist bastards... :mad3:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 09:51:48 pm »
Right, ETA put a bomb... again. I don't know if this is a re-starting of the terrorist attacks, or "only" a kind of signal to the government to go further in the negotiations they have. I think that peace is hard to achieve ni¡ow, although I don't loose 100% the hope.

But things are not good, really  :-(