Author Topic: CERN  (Read 13234 times)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: CERN
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 09:13:21 am »
She travels between Genf and Prague very often. :)

Oh, don't ask me about the exact job... I just know that last time she told me she's in some... group A? Or something. I had no idea what it meant even then :D . She's studying physics, of course and she's writing a diploma thesis which contains something about quarks.

Yes, I also think it must be awesome (and definitely looks great on Your CV) but from what I hear - it is not as idealistic as one would have thought. I thought that scientists like mathemticians, physicists and so on will be more rational and reasonable but instead they have all the same petty fights like Vatican has with protestants... It's often so silly stupid and so much money in vain just because one scientist does not talk to other one and wants to run another programe of the same kind on his own, so there run two of the same just because these two hate each other - and that's not just 20 Euro loss, we are talking about thousands  (and more)...

So when her school is finished - she told me she had enough of this and wants to end her work there, go find something else, something new :)

It's actually not the only Czech person working there. I have friends who know at least 2 other of their friends who work there... :D seems that our country is quite productive in this branch.
But then again, who does.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 09:58:19 am »
So she's actually a young scientist there? :wOOt: Well, I guess even working as an office cleaner or a doorman would be cool.

Mmmmhh... the smaller the particles, the bigger the egos - don't you reckon?  :wink2: :lol3:

As far as I know, there are many, many scientists involved. Articles they are publishing often contain whole pages with names of those who worked on that article. That's gonna be one hell of a difficulty when they get a Noble prize...

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 11:34:51 am »
So she's actually a young scientist there? :wOOt: Well, I guess even working as an office cleaner or a doorman would be cool.

Mmmmhh... the smaller the particles, the bigger the egos - don't you reckon?  :wink2: :lol3:

As far as I know, there are many, many scientists involved. Articles they are publishing often contain whole pages with names of those who worked on that article. That's gonna be one hell of a difficulty when they get a Noble prize...

Cheers!

Markus

Absolutely    :lol3:

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 04:38:49 pm »

:roll:

That's gonna be one hell of a difficulty when they get a Noble prize...

You mean the Noble price? :unsure:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »
:roll: :roll:

Brilliant!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 04:02:22 pm »
Obviously, there must have been ditsortions in space-tiem, cuasde by a minaituer hole black. :nosweat:
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 12:44:16 pm »
*SLUUUUUUUUURP*

.... burp!

- I foudn hre!